The most strange ppl you know/met that listen to psytrance

Ormion

This topic is about ppl that listen to psytrance that you've never expected to.

I have two examples:

1. A couple of years ago I was in a big record store searching for cds in the goa/psy area. Next to me there was a 60 yo dude that was wearing an airforce suit. At first I thought he was there by mistake, but after some minutes he picked 5-6 goa cds and left!

Some years after that I was doing my military service. One morning I had a daywatch at a gate. Then one car passed by and you could listen that the driver was listening to goa trance. When I looked inside I saw that dude!!!

He was older than my dad, he had a son older than me, he was an airforce officer and hes was listening to goa in the airport! How cool is that?

2. I was in a record store that specialized in dance music. Then a kid came in with his mother. The kid was no more than 12 I swear. He started to search the goa section for many minutes. He then asked the shop owner the most amazing questions like ''Do you have the first Astralasia album?'' or '' Do you have the Joking Sphinx album'' etc.

Needless to say that everyone in the store was speechless. His poor mother wa standing for 20 minutes waiting for him and then she paied for 20 cds the kid bought. I'll never forget it.

What about you? Any stories to share?

No, I haven't noticed anyone when I'm buying CD's. Sometimes my eye catches a girl that might be pretty....

+10

but then again i like to watch people around me in stores and see if they have got something i wanted before me.. there is this feeling when you are in shops that is like a war..

but hey ormion, i think your stories are unbeatable.

i will think if i recall smth weird but at the moment nothing comes up

• 2 weeks later...

Space Tribe?

Anoebis?

Kidding.

Well I remember that dude at Zambujeira festival in 2003. He was old but was dancing like crazy! Look at the photo. He's half nude, long hair, tatoos, burnt by the sun. He's so full of energy while dancing, his posture looks like he's doing some kind shaman dancing. Such an impression of freedom! Maybe not the strangest, but surely admirable and unforgiveable.

Posted Image

ME!!!!

when i first started listening to goa around 95 96 i had long hair down to my knees, tattoos of metal and punk, listening to death metal! then my hair went to dreadlocks which i cut in corfu around 98.

but i still carry the tattoos and listen to thrash death black metal etc, so i guess if you saw me in that shop u would probably have thought the same thing as the airforce dude

:)

Well I remember that dude at Zambujeira festival in 2003. He was old but was dancing like crazy! Look at the photo. He's half nude, long hair, tatoos, burnt by the sun. He's so full of energy while dancing, his posture looks like he's doing some kind shaman dancing. Such an impression of freedom! Maybe not the strangest, but surely admirable and unforgiveable.

Posted Image

But he's not someone you wouldn't expect to be into psy trance, he just looks like your typical goa head.

You say he's old but he's probally only the same age as me, mid 40's.