Recomend me some top quality prog please

ollylovesgoa

Like the title says i'm looking for some new progressive tunes, i'm really into the driving beat and crispness of the sound. Zen Mechanics - Outwards represents the best of these types of tracks that i've heard, for me. So anything like that please.

I don't like zen mechanics. I like:

Atmos: 2nd Brigade - very cool music

Kruger and Coyle: Randy Expander - very impressive nightclub tribal music

Freq: Strange Attractors - very proper dreamy music

Etnica: Sharp - very cool space music

These are probably the albums I had the best time with after buying them.

For the kind of sound you're requesting (proper pumping progressive with some hints of full on) I can recommend Ace Ventura, Liquid Soul, Protonica, some of the tracks on the new Motion Drive album (Zen Mechanics actually made "Outwards" with Motion Drive) and some tracks by Quantize. Also some of the upcoming acts from Eastern Europe are really into that kind of sound; E-Clip, Egorythmia, Zyce, Flegma, Nerso and Ectima.

A brilliant example:

Also, a bit of blatant self-promotion. I released an EP on Iono Music a while back. I think this track is sort of in the style you're looking for, although not on the same level of production as those I mentioned earlier. Hope you like it :)

Thanks loads for these recomendations guys. And to pr0fane, yeah i actually loved the motion drive album "In The Dirt", it's the type of thing i'm looking for. I've got a few Ace Ventura albums too, I love the pounding beats but it doesn't feel as tight as Zen Mechanics or Motion Drive.

I'll listen and get back to you all, cheers!

Sorry I haven't catered to your specific example but here are a few that I like:

Nuclear Ramjet - Mission to Sedna

Nuclear Ramjet - Music for Spaceports

Ticon - Aero

Perfect Stranger - Free Cloud

Elea - Stellar Connection

Sun Control Species - Science Nuova

Atmos - 2nd Brigade and Headcleaner, the new one whose name eludes me at present is ok but not as good as first 2 mentioned

Triac - Mean Between

Vibrasphere - Lime Structure and Archipelago, if you find a copy of Echo then please give it to me!

Son Kite - Colours

Ovnimoon

Sensient

Freq

Behind Blue Eyes

Prometheus

Flying Rhino Best of's