4 Free Goa tracks from Malachyte!

Malachyte

Greetings Psynews community!

Here are 4 of my tracks, free to download on my site: http://malachyte.net

BTW, I am unsigned and would be delighted if any or all of these tracks could see the light of day on a compilation, EP, album (once I write some more), etc. Thanks!!!

---------------------------

Forest Goa/Psy with a melodic twist. Inspired by Ka-Sol, Derango, Hallucinogen, etc, but much more melodic than typical forest trance:

Uplifting Space Goa! Inspired mainly by Antares - Aurora. Although the songs don't have much in common fundamentally, I wanted to make a track with a similar enlightened and uplifting feel:

Chilled out forest Goa... I guess. I was mainly inspired by the minimal concept of the Danish group Bufo, although they lean much more towards Psy than Goa. I guess you could say this is a more melodic and Goa-ish version of their style:

My first downtempo Malachyte track. Inspired by a lot of Ultimae releases, but mainly Solar Fields:

Please leave honest feedback below! I'm definitely open to constructive criticism.

Cheers,

Paavo S. aka Malachyte

i also like the last track the most.

great nice psyambient music.

the 'twisted forest' track is also very good, but in my opinion not really the specific Forest mood.

you for sure have talent and potential.

just eat more shrooms in a forest to get a touch of the spirit and inspiration

Thank you all for your kind words! I'm glad everyone seems to like Canopy Of Sound!

the 'twisted forest' track is also very good, but in my opinion not really the specific Forest mood.

you for sure have talent and potential.

just eat more shrooms in a forest to get a touch of the spirit and inspiration

Yea, I know it's not particularly foresty... I drew inspiration from the concept of Forest Trance, but I tend to like much more melodic Goa myself, so I'll admit I strayed very far from the original concept. I actually just listened to the new Battle Of The Future Buddhas / Ka-Sol release last night and all I could think to myself the whole time was "Damn, I wish I was on shrooms in the forest dancing among the trees rather than listening in my living room..." Perfect timing on that comment! :-P

Thanks for your kind words on Twisted Forest and Protostar!

That's an interesting note about Protostar because I've never heard of that group or song before, so there's no way I could have "borrowed" the melody, even subconsciously! I checked the song out though, and I hear some vague similarities, but I believe my melody is quite different! The synth sound however is nearly identical, so this may be what you're noticing. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the square synth preset from the Nexus VST like I did, although we may have tweaked it slightly differently, but it really does sound VERY similar. :-)