Neogoa - News & Updates

Posted Image

http://www.neogoa.tk

For all Goa Trance fans there is one place to be - Neogoa, a web portal where you can find detailed information about all artists and publishers who are specialized in newborn Goa Trance trend and music. Neogoa.tk follows the newest releases in this genre, and offers a great number of reviews from all spheresa of psychedelic sound, from downtempo/ambient to psy trance & goa trance. Besides this role, Neogoa has evolved into a net-label too. Moreover, Neogoa works as a radio-promoter for all interested newschool goa trance artists and DJs, and it cooperates with other web portals and organizations.

The very first version of the web site was created during the summer 2010, when Richpa extended his previously written texts with databases which contained all the necessary information about artists and labels - all with one goal; to share all relevant information about Goa Trance in one place. Shortly after, the idea of creating a new VA compilation became vivid. The final result - the "Dimensional Gateway", a conceptual compilation which will be experienced as a real "psychedelic space odyssey" by many people. The goal of this release was to truthfully represent the essence of Goa Trance, and we believe that we have succeeded to achieve it.

The future of Neogoa project will be directly linked to the community, as it already was from the very beginning. We have established important connections with many organizations, artists, DJs and web portals. The plans are clear - to work and to do our best in order to make our web site the best we can, so that visitors and users of our portal can have the best insight into the music we love and live for. One of our main goals in the future period will be to promote artists and DJs through our releases and radio shows.

Heard couple of tracks on your stream last night. Pharaom and astrancer, I loved them, I really can't wait to hear the comp.

Yeah i saw you left a shout :) Too bad i can't afford better soundquality on streams (only 128) :(

I really liked your website, cool page, but wallpaper section not working yet :P;)

bookmarked

My appologies about that, we had a crash two days ago and because of that ALL content is LOST, but we're doing our best to bring back lost content, and yeah, thanks guys for your feedbacks, if you want to work/share your works with Neogoa, send us an email.

Cheers

New lay out is sweet! Two lil remarks from my side...

* http://www.huknet.hr/neogoa/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65:suntrip-records&catid=46:labels&Itemid=41 -> dicogs=discogs! :o

* I'd like to see an integrated review/album database. Now the two have different sections, and imo it would be nicer to have them being merged together, if u get what I mean :P.

New lay out is sweet! Two remarks lil remarks from my side...

* http://www.huknet.hr/neogoa/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65:suntrip-records&catid=46:labels&Itemid=41 -> dicogs=discogs! :o

* I'd like to see an integrated review/album database. Now the two have different sections, and imo it would be nicer to have them being merged together, if u get what I mean :P.

Hey thanks for correction, it's updated now. Well speaking of reviews database and releases database, Releases database will be filled with only Newschool albums/compilations and EP's. Maybe I'll merge that section with Newschool Goa reviews so that we won't need to type same texts and infos twice. Anyhow, at this moment on the website there is cca 100 Reviews and more is comming. We're also looking for even more reviewers so if someone is interested, just send me a note - iparic70@gmail.com

Thanks Agneton!

• 3 weeks later...

C/P from Neogoa.tk

Dear followers, almost two weeks is ahead of Dimensional Gateway and our whole team is more than happy with results. We reached in just few days #1 in weekly download chart and now we're #2 in monthly download chart with over 4,500 downloads and outstanding rating (94%), so we wanted to thank to all people who supported this release and we're more than happy to serve you as a source for high quality modern goa trance music. However, our work is not done yet, we've already started to work on our new releases and the most important goal for us is to bring you high quality music for free and for such a hard task there isn't a lot of time for rest.

So here we go, our first release is scheduled for Christmas, 2010 and we think that you'll enjoy in it, especially if you're looking for trippy downtempo soundscapes. A young and talented chillout producer Alex Lytvyn (also known as Uth) from Toronto, Canada will present his work via ''Distant Instincts'' EP. He already released one track - ''Around The Sun In Seven Days'' on V/A: Fire (Altar Records). Few days ago we also announced our series of Back-2-Back compilations and we must say that we're very excited to work with two great labels. First, V/A: Pantheon (which will be out in Februray, 2011. if all goes well) is our co-operation with Belgian Psydance Records. One month later, with our friends from Serbia - Underground Alien Factory (another great netlabel with a huuuge catalogue of free newschool goa trance) we will release V/A: Future Architecture. Both compilations will be a tasty cake for lovers of goa trance music.

There is however even more plans, our good friend and talented musician - Dmitriy Kolosovskiy (Sky Technology) is finishing his second EP that'll be out on Neogoa in the beginning of 2011. hopefully. Many people gave a bunch of positive comments for Black Hole track on Dimensional Gateway, well we must inform you that our Mirza from Arronax project is very busy with his upcoming album for Neogoa. There is also plans for Dimensional Gateway sequel but you can expect that if all goes well it will be released in the end of 2011. Some goodies for lovers of melodic newschool - we're also planning to release Astrancer's EP and present you a new artist from Croatia - Renato Brnić (also known as Nova Fractal). For the end few words about website - as you can notice, now we got over 200 reviews in our database thanks to our reviewer Michael (Mdk), so please keep up with your feedbacks and don't hesitate to send us your suggestions. Have a great holidays and wish you all the best in 2011.

• 3 weeks later...

2010. was great so here is C/P from our facebook page, wish ya all the best guys!

Girls and boys, we wish you all the best in upcoming 2011. This year was great for us, we've started with our project and website, released some really awesome music, hosted few super mixes on our online radio, reviewed many goa trance / psytrance / downtempo releases and met a bunch of great people. 2011. here we come!

• 3 months later...

OK dudes, now we need your help (still not asking any money for our stuff), just wanted to ask for participation in our poll on our website [http//www.neogoa.tk] where you can cast your vote for best Neogoa compilation. So far we released 3 compilations:

1) Dimensional Gateway

2) Future Architecture

3) Pantheon

So please give us 37 seconds of your precious time and post your vote. Poll can be found in right top corner of website. Thanks a lot :wub:

C/P from our facebook fanpage:

''Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers'' In 6 months we brought to daylight 6 releases (3 V/A's and 3 EP's) with more than 5 hours of goa trance and ambient music. We achieved 35 000 downloads so far on Ektoplazm with average rating of 90% pre release. People who are using Discogs gave (average) rating 4,7/5 per release. Besides regular music, we also hosted, aired and published 6 DJ mixes. So far 26 artists/projects from 15 different countries (Europe, North America & South America) released their music on Neogoa. Huge thanks to all of you who are actually supporting this kind of music!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We finally managed to update our releases database (*happy dancing*), so now we got all Newschool Goa Trance releases at one place sorted out(must say that Somazoid's list helped a lot). Just for the record, 149 RELEASES so far (55 of them ARE TOTALLY FREE FOR DOWNLOAD), so check our page and maybe you'll find some good stuff that you haven't heard yet [download links included]. Let us know if we missed something!

LINK

149 whot?? didn't you start neogoa like half a year ago?

Neogoa isn't only a netlabel, we also serve to people as a database and info site so thoose 149 mentioned releases are ALL releases, released by various labels in last 8-9 years, read again my post. Anyways, all netlabel stuff from Neogoa is in top menu, while reviews, articles and lists are on the sidebars.

• 2 months later...

Few updates about website & label:

1) Sita Records posted some updates about their upcoming plans and releases, click on the link to find out more.

2) Releases database updated with new releases which are published recently. Don't forget to check some free goodies (all of them are linked as downloadable)

3) A bunch of new reviews added in our reviews section (Xatrik: Bust A Move EP (2011), Baron Samdi: Cursed Bloodline EP (2011), Nerso: Exploration Of Infinity (2011), Ovnimoon: Magnetic Portal (2011), Hypnoxock: Acid Return Remixes EP (2011), SETI Project: Wizard's Night EP (2011), Rinkadink: Human Technicians (2011), V/A: Reboot Part 1 (2011), Vertex: Archipelago EP (2010), Crossing Mind: Ultimate Reality EP (2011), etc).

4) Sky Technology & Nova Fractal Versus EP is finished and we're waiting for mastering to be done in upcoming days, all that should be ready in August this year.

5) I'm gonna start to work on a artists database in a few days and probably it will be a long process, but I'm gonna use old list which was published on old version and hopefully add as much as possible informations and bio's about guys who are active.

That's for now :)

Nice stuff!

Next up is Sky Technology, well-known for his larger-than-life melodies and super-intense, banging goa tracks. He achieved quite some fame with his EP's (downloadable from this very website) and he's working on a full-lenght album for our label at the moment! Feel the excitement! Feel it!

;):)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Facebook update

Dear followers and friends,

As you may know, I already posted few hints on various psytrance boards about the ending of Neogoa net-label and what will happen afterwards, besides that, many people asked about reviews, database and my own involvement in further music and free scene releasing. It's truth that our final release will be Dimensional Gateway II and the release date will be the same starting point as it was for our debut one year earlier - December 1st. So basiclly in one year period we gonna complete Neogoa story with 12 releases and with huge optimism for the future, because in last 10 months we recieved generally positive and warm reviews and feedbacks from huge spectre of psytrance auditorium and for me personally it's nice attainment. Now I'm gonna drop few words about all mentioned subjects in topic title.

Dimensional Gateway II

When I decided to release a sequel for our debut I tried to soak up all reviews, feedbacks and desire for future newschool goa trance releases. Indeed, we are a net-label who focuses mainly on melodic, organic and positive goa trance music but, besides that I always try not to be constrained with one style so there were some experimental releases like Pantheon, The Aural Exciter or Turlitava which are based on other styles aswell (downtempo, ambient, dark, forest), so my point here is that Dimensional Gateway II will be slightly different than our usual stuff. Don't panic, there will be plenty of goa trance and melody, but it will vary through different styles aswell. We will introduce some well known projects who will (for the first time) release their works on Neogoa and I'm sure that you gonna like it. Just for the record, Dimensional Gateway II project started on April this year and my goal here is to deliver the best possible compilation for 0$. I'm gonna post more details about this one in upcoming weeks.

Graviton Records - reincarnation of Neogoa

Yup, that's a cool name I came up with, it' represents sci-fi and futuristic momentum of our music and work. For Graviton project all I can say is that we won't release free music like we did with Neogoa and that is one of the reasons why I wanted to divide Neogoa way of publishing and presenting music from a new label. The biggest reason for such act is the fact that I can't handle expenses from Neogoa releases and trust me, you can't release something without some financial input (either is that mastering or payments for music/graphics/promotion). I know that some net-labels still releasing without any costs but in my humble opinion their releases aren't even mastered properly and that way of releasing in my lexicon is pure half-product. I'm still defining the best possible solution for publishing of our next releases. Digital formats will be available for affordable prices but haven't decided will it be on Bandcamp or some other service, furthermore there is big possibility for physical media aswell (Kunaki CDr's). Our first release on Graviton Records will be Arronax's LP and according to some samples that he kindly shared with me, it's gonna be a true goa trance beast. Speaking of facebook, here is my profile for it so yeah, add me if you wanna find out more or just want to be updated with new label - http://www.facebook.com/gravitonrecords.

Neogoa future - website, database, design

This is probably my everlasting pain in the ass. Why? Well because so far I made 7 versions of website and still can't find the best solution. HTML was horrible for adding daily content and Joomla seems to be a real bitch sometimes. At the moment we don't have a server for our reviews/databases and I'm still finding the best solution, there are some free hostings on the interweb with decent storage quota and monthly traffic (plus they got recent mySQL) so maybe I'll go with Wordpress option with a new website and hopefully it won't bother my ass that much. However, Ektoplazm and Alexander hosted our web for few months but they are experiencing even bigger troubles so we decided to remove it. Our dear reviewers will continue to do their awesome work but they'll have to wait for a while as I mentioned above. Speaking about design, recently I started working for a Distant Tremor Records and I'm gonna do two projects for them, however there are still other clients who are interested in my works, so basiclly I'm pretty much busy with design itself and I'm hoping it will last that way as much as possible. Still, if you need graphic or you know someone who does, check my page here: http://www.facebook.com/neogoadesign.

I think this is it, I covered all important details and updates, if you got any question(s) or something, leave me a message here on facebook or email me at iparic70@gmail.com.

Thanks for your time,

Ivan / Richpa