Ozric Tentacles

amithaba_buddha

i love most of their work (there's so much of it :blink: )

and it is so diverse, but how many years have they been making music again, over 20 years or so?

this one i really like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oQJrB_caQg

they fucking rule :)

they fucking rule :)

Agreed :) It's the closest thing I've ever heard to goa without actually being "goa". They have some great melodies too, better than a lot of the stuff you hear in psytrance/goa. They also show it IS possible to combine guitar with electronic music without being cheesy. A lot of psytrance projects could learn a thing or two from them. :P

I hadn't listened to them, but it sounds good really good.

What are your recommendations, the best album from them? What should I start to chek out? Posted Image

Thanks

IMO:

Erpland

Jurassic Shift

Waterfall Cities

Arborescence

You can get them all very cheaply from Amazon, Ebay and Discogs. There are a few double packs around as well such as Erpland and Jurassic shift together.

Their output can get a bit repetitive.

=)

• 3 years later...

I love ozric tentacles !!!

i love almost anything they released

their early works have a realy special place in my heart as i

used to listen to them while growing up (good ol' teen years).

big big respect!

• 2 months later...

Ozrics sort of creep up on the border of prog, but were never really a prog band. I can describe them as (deep breath) space rock/ambient with some influence from dub reggae, acid house/trance, drum and bass, and various kinds of Eastern music, along with a bit of guitar shredding and some folksy bits.

They don't really use vocals at all. There's a few verses of singing on Iscence, and some spoken word on Dissolution, but all the rest of their music is instrumental.

You probably know that Eat Static was the dance offshoot of Ozrics, and there are definite similarities in their sound... if you like one, you'll probably like the other.

Edited by Earwall