Development of electronic music in the world

crtmn

Hi everyone, first of all sorry for my english :-)

Second - the question. I`m from Russia and i`m wondering what are the popular styles in your countries? I mean that are played in the clubs. My city is not Moscow, so it`s kind of slow in being modern in that thing. Now we are having a boom of minimal techno, drum & bass, breaks. And to be true - that boom we have for like...5 years i suppose. Yeah, that`s right. The psychedelic trance was never been very popular, just now it`s starting to became something like this but only in the way of - poppy full on. House music is played most of all at some glamour clubs for rich kids :-)

So I want to ask u to write your country, and write what is the major genre of the music is played in your clubs, cause I suppose that there must be something new, that we can grab for our city. And also, how do u think - will be a new boom of electronic music in this year? For example in our city we had something like that a few years ago with dubstep, but then something happened and now it`s not so interesting for the masses.

Thanks everyone for reading this, I hope u understand my question :-)

Hey crtmn :) Welcome aboard! 

About the scene in the world, I'm pretty much sure that every country has the same percentage of commercial styles of electronica spread amongst the population. I'm from Bosnia & Herzegovina, and the mainstream music here is the Balkans version of MTV music. In other words - crap + ultra crap + more ultra crap... When it comes to electronic dance music, the style which leads the scene in my country is house music (mostly electro-house and minimal), and also techno (progressive and minimal). Trance is subjugated to a handful of artists and a few people who care about psy trance enough to make something called a small scene which has a few thousand followers. It's sad, but the globalisation takes it's toll here too. Most people are influenced by the television and cheesiness so that's why it's happening. But thanks to our efforts, it's been a good progress in a few recent years. More and more people are getting attracted by psytrance every day and that's good. I've been following Russian psytrance scene and I can see it's mostly into dark and full-on too, but there are many good goa trance artists emerging from Russia too. It's nice to see the whole movement rising across the globe! 

Cheers!  ;)

I feel your pain crtmn. We rarely even get any psytrance acts here, let alone a GOA one. The electronic music scene in general is very small here, and trance especially is very unpopular. Most people here only go for top40 crap, and any music without singing they will never even give a chance.

The most popular electronic music here is probably house and DnB, but like I said even that isn't that popular. I'm in Minnesota, US btw

I feel your pain crtmn. We rarely even get any psytrance acts here, let alone a GOA one. The electronic music scene in general is very small here, and trance especially is very unpopular. Most people here only go for top40 crap, and any music without singing they will never even give a chance.

The most popular electronic music here is probably house and DnB, but like I said even that isn't that popular. I'm in Minnesota, US btw

Yeah, in Los Angeles, you mostly have hip-hop and house in the clubs. On some occasions we'll get some D'n'B tours, but mostly its just crap you hear on the radio.

I am into industrial stuff, and some of the clubs here are struggling with that too, having to play some 80's crap to bring in customers... yuck!

So this problem is everywhere? (or is it a problem? :-)

Yeah, I knew that electro-house is very popular in most of the contries, I remember it since MinistryOfSound in London, also the RnB stuff.

It`s just been a while since my clubbing started and now I`m listening to the new releases of most of the electronic genres - and there is nothing new in there. So i had a hope that maybe somewhere in the world a new electronic genre is starting to develop and starting to gain more and more interest to it :-)

In India its a lot of MTV music, some house, and occasional psy gigs. Nothing else.

Yeah, in Los Angeles, you mostly have hip-hop and house in the clubs. On some occasions we'll get some D'n'B tours, but mostly its just crap you hear on the radio.

I am into industrial stuff, and some of the clubs here are struggling with that too, having to play some 80's crap to bring in customers... yuck!

Good to know, I'm going to be in LA soon for sometime. DnB is good, I've seen vids of Evol Intent live in LA. I've heard there is something of an outdoor psy scene around there too.

I've heard there is something of an outdoor psy scene around there too.

It's not as big anymore. They passed a law that they'd fine the DJs something like $300,000 if anyone caught doing drugs at raves/parties. That dried up things quite a bit.

It's not as big anymore. They passed a law that they'd fine the DJs something like $300,000 if anyone caught doing drugs at raves/parties. That dried up things quite a bit.

:o

Belgium had quite a reputation for making jumpstyle, there was a moment where you heard jumpstyle EVERYWHERE, in clubs, at parties, even on daytime radio. Sadly though the trend kindof died out and kids are back to r&b, Lady Gaga and other crap. Not saying I'm a big jumpstyle fan, but it was nice to see some electronic music take over the mainstream scene for a while :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yzcfqRDct4&feature=related

still one of my favorite tunes ;)

Belgium had quite a reputation for making jumpstyle, there was a moment where you heard jumpstyle EVERYWHERE, in clubs, at parties, even on daytime radio. Sadly though the trend kindof died out and kids are back to r&b, Lady Gaga and other crap. Not saying I'm a big jumpstyle fan, but it was nice to see some electronic music take over the mainstream scene for a while :)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yzcfqRDct4&feature=related

still one of my favorite tunes ;)

So cheesy..

You know from one hand it's sad to can't find a place where djs play the music you enjoy, but from the other hand maybe the fact that psytrance is still underground keeps it alive.

I mean we all know what happened when psytrance went mainstream. Skazi, Dali, Hypersonic happened.

I perfect example is what happened here in greece some years ago with uplifting trance, which was an ultracheesy version of nithzonot.

Everyone was listening to it and I mean EVERYONE, but the 99% of them didn't care about the music. It was only a trend, now it's dead and only a few hundreds still listening to it. (Which is normal tbh cause it's super crap).

I definitely don't want to see psytrance becoming a trend (although I find too difficult for that to happen since psytrance is more crazy and ''difficult'' for mainstream audiences).

Thanks for replies guys. So that is the money that take over the world then, not a surprise. But I don`t say that we have a lot of pop music in clubs or something, I mean that we have the same music in clubs that we had 5 or 8 years ago. Breaks, DnB, Trance, House...I mean, it`s like 5 years gone and the music genres are still the same. Of course there are some new styles coming up, like techno-trance, psybreaks, synth-rock, all this mixed up stuff, but at the end it is the same genre - techno, breaks and rock, that`s it. No new musical genres anymore? I understand that it is a bit difficult to make like, from the ground, a new electronic music genre that will rule the world and everything, but maybe somewhere is happening something?

So cheesy..

OH LAWDS that was terrible.

lol I'm not saying it's NOT cheezy, just that I prefer it by far to the hoards of american r&b/ dance crossproductions that are everywhere these days (Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, etc). I mean fuck, even compared to the new IM and Yahel albums this is like underground lol

Thanks for replies guys. So that is the money that take over the world then, not a surprise. But I don`t say that we have a lot of pop music in clubs or something, I mean that we have the same music in clubs that we had 5 or 8 years ago. Breaks, DnB, Trance, House...I mean, it`s like 5 years gone and the music genres are still the same. Of course there are some new styles coming up, like techno-trance, psybreaks, synth-rock, all this mixed up stuff, but at the end it is the same genre - techno, breaks and rock, that`s it. No new musical genres anymore? I understand that it is a bit difficult to make like, from the ground, a new electronic music genre that will rule the world and everything, but maybe somewhere is happening something?

ok I get what you're saying, I'm kindof feeling the same way. I don't think there has been any really new inovation in the electronic music scene in the last 5 years except for dubstep (which is probably the reason why dubstep is taking over more and more of the underground electronic music scene all over the world).

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6X8pu5_nog&feature=related

even Hitler is starting to notice lol

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Kuva29Yyg

Wow some law...still I'm sure its better than the scene here.