Koxbox 2010

PSY604

Why is it that you do not find it wrong that other people in this debate has the same opinion as I have? Could it be because:

1. I am an artist (we all know some people dont like artists to have an opinion)

2. Because it's me (who dare to speak his mind) and you as some other petty people here have a grudge against me.

pick your choice.

I pick choice number three, which is: Your personal taste does not necessarily mean that you're right and since the majority of people here concluded that you're speaking a little bit too harsh of KoxBox's new sound (read the posts again if you disagree) I think that you should reconsider your claim. Not because you need to adjust to the majority of members here, but because maybe you're having prejudices about his sound. I know that the bassline is a little too generic for everyone's taste, but excuse me, as an artist, you said that you produce house music too, besides psy trance.  House music, which mostly isn't psychedelic at all, is what you create, and yet you don't hear anyone here saying that you're doing it because you moved to Ibiza and you were under influence of some gay cocoon bar or something like that. You get my point? :)

Artist has his own choice of producing something, and if he feels like producing full-on psychedelic style it's his own choice. You may judge him personally or as an artist, but don't expect that everyone will share your opinion or even that everyone will respect your opinion. If you have a right to express your opinion, we have a right to deny it. It's called democracy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pick choice number three, which is: Your personal taste does not necessarily mean that you're right and since the majority of people here concluded that you're speaking a little bit too harsh of KoxBox's new sound (read the posts again if you disagree) I think that you should reconsider your claim. Not because you need to adjust to the majority of members here, but because maybe you're having prejudices about his sound. I know that the bassline is a little too generic for everyone's taste, but excuse me, as an artist, you said that you produce house music too, besides psy trance.  House music, which mostly isn't psychedelic at all, is what you create, and yet you don't hear anyone here saying that you're doing it because you moved to Ibiza and you were under influence of some gay cocoon bar or something like that. You get my point? :)

Artist has his own choice of producing something, and if he feels like producing full-on psychedelic style it's his own choice. You may judge him personally or as an artist, but don't expect that everyone will share your opinion or even that everyone will respect your opinion. If you have a right to express your opinion, we have a right to deny it. It's called democracy.

The only one that does not respect others opinion is YOU dude. You are the only one that keep going on and on about my opinion being wrong and it's very clear you have got no respect for my opinion at all. All you want is to pick a fight. But I wont satisfy your sick need to stir up a fight. Seriously I dont want to waste one more minute on you. People like you are not worth it! So please go on and also become personal. I am counting the minutes before that happens. I am used to it here!

Bye tosser!

So please go on and also become personal. I am counting the minutes before that happens.

Bye tosser!

So, how many minutes passed between you writing those two lines?

I wont satisfy your sick need to stir up a fight. Seriously I dont want to waste one more minute on you. People like you are not worth it!  So please go on and also become personal. I am counting the minutes before that happens. I am used to it here!

Bye tosser!

Wow, well you know, people on this forum can actually READ. If they see anywhere on this site that I was going personal against you, then they can judge me. But the only one who is being personal here is YOU pal, with that attitude of yours. You can't stand that there is someone in this world who has a different opinion about what YOU think, and when you see that someone is speaking against your arrogant attitude, you become personal on them. Just read your own text quoted right here. I'm not worth of your time, which means what? You're God? And I'm just a tosser? Well, if you feel like that about almost everyone on this forum, why don't you just leave the forum and enjoy your brilliant godlike life? As far as I see, the only guy who keeps getting in long discussions is YOU. And yet you keep repeating that you're the omnitolerant one. I didn't fight with anyone on this forum since I got here, and these members know that better than you. If you feel like I'm here just to fight you, then it's your own problem that you can't stand other people who actually have their own views. I'm not sick, don't worry, I don't have any need to be a pain in the ass to anyone. Maybe you should read some posts twice before you reply, because obviously you make bad judgements about people's views expressed through thread posts. 

Bye to you too. 

P.S. You don't need to reply to this post, I think there is no need to continue this silly discussion, you were against KoxBox's new sound, I was partly neutral and partly against it so let's just stop this whole "personal" thing accusation please. 

Peace, out.

You know, you guys don't have to analyze every minute detail about this music. I mean, this is a discussion board and all, but most of you are chopping and dicing at what sounds better than what. But really, shouldn't we be making more positive statements about these things instead of addressing every single flaw in a negative ambiance? C'mon, think about this. Tell me what you LIKE about Koxbox's new material instead of what you dislike, please...

And Thank You for your insight ArronaX!

• 4 weeks later...

Let's get back speaking about the music before we chop each others heads off...shall we?

I've mentioned earlier I saw Koxbox live in october 2009 and I was blown away, I've danced like never before and the crowd was going wild. I had heard of Koxbox before, bought the U-Turn album which isn't that bad as some of you claim imo, but I hadn't heard much of his older stuff from way back. It was that concert that made me buy Dragon Tales and The Great Unknown as it was an old school set mixed with some newer material...I guess: when I'm dancing I don't think about what song is playing...It was funky, the basslines were all over the place and it was rrreaAAaly

psychedelic.

I was wondering if anybody here was there with me last year in Hasselt (Ethias Arena) and had that same experience or the opposite for all I care.

Koxbox played with AP and SYNsun.

Now the music:

1. not bad you can definitly hear the Koxbox approach

2. very cheesy baseline indeed, I'm starting to think he did this on purpose...prankster...give us the actual baseline Frank'e common!!!

3. The promo tracks aren't that bad, two of them came from the U-turn album.

I hope there is gonna be a release soon. Koxbox 's music is made to put the dancefloor into a manic frenzy trust me...I know!