Koxbox 2010

PSY604

Guest nectarios

Thats bass is techno like

Well, its the midi file of a typical trance bassline, triggering an un-typical trance bassline :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nectarios

Un-typical trance bass that sounds like techno and funky house. Thats crap IMO :rolleyes:

If that sounds like funky house, then you have no idea what funky house is. Funky house has an awful lot of electric bass basslines, and funky note patterns. Not that clicky, chuggy thumping bass timbre.

I also don't think these tunes would not get any attention if the name Kox Box, was not on them, and this sounds like GMS? Its a lot deeper and more serious, have you people been keeping touch with what GMS have been doing for the last like, 10 years?

I know this is a fanatic Goa forum, but saying Sensient's bassline sounds like funky house and Kox Box's new tunes sound like GMS is naive, at best.

Peace out.

Yes, I think that the gentlemen aimlessly throwing around terminology like funky house and techno bass lines are a little out of their league here, or just haven't gotten around to listening enough music to corroborate their statements.

I agree with the non-enthusiastic comments though. I wouldn't like to draw any parallels with GMS and who-else-not, but I'm not into this new(er) Koxbox sound. I don't even mind great party music, but this in my ears doesn't qualify as something I would want to lose it to in a club. Sorry. I can understand how can somebody be down with this sound, I just don't like it. There are numerous examples of artists deemed as superb, and I still can't feel their output.

But then again what do I know? It's not like I am a danish psy trance scene veteran, with classic releases tucked under my belt.

Full-on or not, I don't find Koxbox's new releases to be nearly as cheesy as the crap some artists like Astrix put out. I, personally, am just happy that Koxbox is still present in the scene.

But then again what do I know? It's not like I am a danish psy trance scene veteran, with classic releases tucked under my belt.

Well you dont have to be danish or a psy trance veteran to hear that this has a lot of references to full-on and Ibiza cheese and less psychedelic trance (chock I said it. No I dont find this much psychedelic). Of course this is according to my personal opinion and taste.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't find these samples very innovating in a sense of sound exploration, it's just too leveled at one certain height and it's not moving. It has some minor peak points and they sound very energetic, but the track isn't evolving into something else (at least that's what I heard in the first preview). However,  I don't see what's the problem with the bass line. It is predictable but which track doesn't have a flat bass line parts at some point? It's hard to make different bass lines in one track because it ruins the continuity of the track for the dancers. And this music is Dance music after all. Actually, the thing which bothers me are those swordish effects that sound like cutting (or something like that), and these cheesy echoed voices which should represent what? I don't know, this sounds nice but it's nothing astonishing.

Well you dont have to be danish or a psy trance veteran to hear that this has a lot of references to full-on and Ibiza cheese and less psychedelic trance (chock I said it. No I dont find this much psychedelic).  Of course this is according to my personal opinion and taste.

Ahem, and about "your personal" taste... Let me just use one quote: "How dare you to insult an artist in this manner?" :) Remember these words that you said about my approximately same reaction on Disco Hooligans' Trance Africa Express remix which I considered to be very simple and not so good??? I think you're having double standards here. You shouldn't involve your personal taste in judging other artists... At least you had that attitude about the remix contest. But never mind, it's been a while since that happened, I just wanted to remind you of your own words that you said back then... :lol:

I don't find these samples very innovating in a sense of sound exploration, it's just too leveled at one certain height and it's not moving. It has some minor peak points and they sound very energetic, but the track isn't evolving into something else (at least that's what I heard in the first preview). However,  I don't see what's the problem with the bass line. It is predictable but which track doesn't have a flat bass line parts at some point? It's hard to make different bass lines in one track because it ruins the continuity of the track for the dancers. And this music is Dance music after all. Actually, the thing which bothers me are those swordish effects that sound like cutting (or something like that), and these cheesy echoed voices which should represent what? I don't know, this sounds nice but it's nothing astonishing.

Ahem, and about "your personal" taste... Let me just use one quote: "How dare you to insult an artist in this manner?" :) Remember these words that you said about my approximately same reaction on Disco Hooligans' Trance Africa Express remix which I considered to be very simple and not so good??? I think you're having double standards here. You shouldn't involve your personal taste in judging other artists... At least you had that attitude about the remix contest. But never mind, it's been a while since that happened, I just wanted to remind you of your own words that you said back then... :lol:

Whatever dude. There's a huge difference between not thinking this music is any good and then to your direct insult against Disco Hooligans as an artist because i "dared" to make a non Neo-Goa artist the winner (remember all the whining from all of you neo-goa fans?). The whining and the petty jealousy and your reaction against the winner was the reason why I told you to respect Disco Hooligans and not insult him. It had NOTHING to do with if you liked the remix or not! Comprende? I never dissed Franke E. I only said his music is no longer psychedelic and sound like Ibiza Fullon!

And if I should not use my own personal taste to judge an artists music who's taste should I use? Yours?

Your attempt to slaughter me here failed. As you were ;)

Whatever dude. There's a huge difference between not thinking this music is any good and then to your direct insult against Disco Hooligans as an artist because i "dared" to make a non Neo-Goa artist the winner (remember all the whining from all of you neo-goa fans?). The whining and the petty jealousy and your reaction against the winner was the reason why I told you to respect Disco Hooligans and not insult him. It had NOTHING to do with if you liked the remix or not! Comprende? I never dissed Franke E. I only said his music is no longer psychedelic and sound like Ibiza Fullon!

And if I should not use my own personal taste to judge an artists music who's taste should I use? Yours?

Your attempt to slaughter me here failed. As you were ;)

I wasn't attempting on slaughtering anyone, I just remembered what you said when I read your post at this thread and it's true that you found my post insulting even if I didn't attack Disco Hooligans nor did I attack their producing qualities, I was attacking the track itself because it wasn't suiting my own taste and it wasn't a quality one. You didn't respect my opinion, and you found it as an insult to the artist. That's what I'm saying now that you're doing the same thing to KoxBox. If you don't like his new tracks, how can you judge why did he start to produce different sound? Did you talk to him and concluded that, or is it just the fact that he moved to Ibiza? You draw some silly conclusions here :)

P.S. Playing a victim is always a lame way of defending false arguments. So don't play victim anymore please, THAT is too cheesy ;)

I never dissed Franke E. I only said his music is no longer psychedelic and sound like Ibiza Fullon!

You don't think that constitutes "dissing"? Jeez.

You don't think that constitutes "dissing"? Jeez.

NO that's called to express your honest opinion about the music. If that's dissing then I have been dissed a 1000 times from people who have an opinion about my music. And guess what. It's OK to have an opinion. It's all about taste. That's not at all dissing. Dissing is when you involve the artist looks, person etc. and become PERSONAL in the debate regarding the artist music.

I wasn't attempting on slaughtering anyone, I just remembered what you said when I read your post at this thread and it's true that you found my post insulting even if I didn't attack Disco Hooligans nor did I attack their producing qualities, I was attacking the track itself because it wasn't suiting my own taste and it wasn't a quality one. You didn't respect my opinion, and you found it as an insult to the artist. That's what I'm saying now that you're doing the same thing to KoxBox. If you don't like his new tracks, how can you judge why did he start to produce different sound? Did you talk to him and concluded that, or is it just the fact that he moved to Ibiza? You draw some silly conclusions here :)

P.S. Playing a victim is always a lame way of defending false arguments. So don't play victim anymore please, THAT is too cheesy ;)

I never liked Cheese ;)

Come on now. I had many people crying like small girls in that debate. So I am sorry if I was stressed and misjudged your intention. If that's the case I apologize to you. There was so much bad mouthing in that debate regarding Disco Hooligans from people who felt insulted because it was not their favorite remix that won.

And now let's move on.

I did not at one point disrespect og insult KoxBox. Again and I repeat. I said I do not like his new music and think it's far from being psychedelic and sound more like Ibiza Fullon. Where on earth is that to insult Frank E? I talk about his MUSIC - NOT his person!!!! And yes as I wrote much earlier in this debate. I did speak to Frank and he told me his new music would show the community what's real psychedelic and not full-on. And then he present us with full-on basslines ;) You forget I know him very well for years and know his taste which I seriously doubt changed into fullon - and next time I speak to him you can also be sure I will tell him what I think about his music... Just as he also tell me what he think about my music. That's called honesty between artists and something we have always done when listening to each others music ;)

Why is it that you do not find it wrong that other people in this debate has the same opinion as I have? Could it be because:

1. I am an artist (we all know some people dont like artists to have an opinion)

2. Because it's me (who dare to speak his mind) and you as some other petty people here have a grudge against me.

pick your choice.

And no I do not feel like a victim so stop that pathetic low blow. I could actually not care one bit what you, a person i got NO relations to, think I should do or not do or how I should behave. But when you try to silence me for having an opinion no matter if it's about music or anything else. That's where I draw the line and politely tell you to mind your own business! Debate with me as you do with other people. Don't ridicule me thanks!

would show the community what's real psychedelic and not full-on. And then he present us with full-on basslines

Just because a track has a full on bassline doesn't mean it can't be psychedelic!

I mean come one now we don't live in 2004!

I can name you 1000 tracks with full on bass that are 100% psychedelic to the bone.

What the bass has to do with anything? As long it's not annoying (high notes, way too loud etc.) then what's the problem?

Just because a track has a full on bassline doesn't mean it can't be psychedelic!

I mean come one now we don't live in 2004!

I can name you 1000 tracks with full on bass that are 100% psychedelic to the bone.

What the bass has to do with anything? As long it's not annoying (high notes, way too loud etc.) then what's the problem?

That is your opinion and taste and peace with that :)

I find his new basslines damn annoying, stereotype and according to my taste and opinion they sound a lot like any other fullon bassline out there. daa daa daa daa (I dont know how to express it better). Such basslines simply ruin the music for me no matter how psychedelic or good the rest is (I am not that into the rest on his new tracks anyway - again IMO). There's simply no creativity in those basslines.

But again as I have said many times. It's a matter of taste so if you like these basslines I have no problem with it and expect you to have no problem with my opinion too ;)

That is your opinion and taste and peace with that :)

I find his new basslines damn annoying, stereotype and according to my taste and opinion they sound a lot like any other fullon bassline out there. daa daa daa daa (I dont know how to express it better). Such basslines simply ruin the music for me no matter how psychedelic or good the rest is (I am not that into the rest on his new tracks anyway - again IMO). There's simply no creativity in those basslines.

But again as I have said many times. It's a matter of taste so if you like these basslines I have no problem with it and expect you to have no problem with my opinion too ;)

Do you dislike full on basslines specifically or all 16-notes basslines?

Do you dislike full on basslines specifically or all 16-notes basslines?

I dislike full on basslines in genereal. Never liked them at all. It's about TASTE. OK? Beside those it's hard to say. It vary from track to track. Fact is I did not like the new KoxBox basslines. They remind me of fullon and sound just as bad to me. That's my opinion and a valid opinion just as your valid opinion is that you liked them ;)

And I dont think I have to keep repeating myself any longer. I know you got my point and hopefully you respect my opinion enough to restrain yourself from going on and on about my personal taste ;)

I dislike full on basslines in genereal. Never liked them at all. It's about TASTE. OK? Beside those it's hard to say. It vary from track to track. Fact is I did not like the new KoxBox basslines. They remind me of fullon and sound just as bad to me. That's my opinion and a valid opinion just as your valid opinion is that you liked them ;)

And I dont think I have to keep repeating myself any longer. I know you got my point and hopefully you respect my opinion enough to restrain yourself from going on and on about my personal taste ;)

What the hell? :unsure:

Relax man... I just asked you a question.

What the hell? :unsure:

Relax man... I just asked you a question.

Sorry mate if I misunderstood you. I am just tired of always having to stand corrected here for having an opinion. It's getting old and worn out.

Anyway have a great night.

I'm out of here.