Psy In Surround

joytron

Any releases in 5.1 surround sound, and if not why is this technology not utilized more often? It seems surround sound would only compliment the genre. Would you pay more for an album released this way?

Any releases in 5.1 surround sound, and if not why is this technology not utilized more often? It seems surround sound would only compliment the genre. Would you pay more for an album released this way?

Nystagmus plays in 5.1 http://www.discogs.com/artist/Nystagmus .... can't remember if he actually released any of his albums in surround tho.

m.

There were a party in Hungary on 2010.04.17 @ Budapest/Hármashatárhegy which were in 3d surround.

Djs were:

- Skarma

- Erix

- Oleg vs Toge

- 3DJ live - Snag, The Sunshepherd

- Aurafood live

- Y-east live

- Czellux

- Nova Vision

- Tebron

but here the sound system were 3d not the track. The guys made it in 4 years of hard word, they made some modules and a 6.0 16 Kw sound system which can make 3d surround but only in closed areas.

system

and the flyers:

Flyer outside

Flyer inside

Nystagums actually produces in 5.1. Had a chance to chat w/ him at a festy last summer, he was explaining about effects interacting w/ each other in a 3d space. Then he got off into mixing in 7.1 and 10.2 with much enthusiasm, and my eyes glazed over.

Nice guy, knows his shit

m.

I don't even have the capability to listen in 5.1.

I do have this idea, which I've sort of started on, for two new psychill albums (kind of like my last one) that are written and mixed in a quadraphonic arrangement, but can be played individually and still sound complete. So you could have one album or the other, or for a special experience set up two stereos in a quadraphonic arrangement. And then I could also do a 5.1 mix of the two albums since that would be too much work for most people.

I don't even have the capability to listen in 5.1.

I do have this idea, which I've sort of started on, for two new psychill albums (kind of like my last one) that are written and mixed in a quadraphonic arrangement, but can be played individually and still sound complete. So you could have one album or the other, or for a special experience set up two stereos in a quadraphonic arrangement. And then I could also do a 5.1 mix of the two albums since that would be too much work for most people.

Yeah that would be really interesting to hear, i think the surround sound would really lend itself well to a psybient release.