6. 5 Pointed Star (6:12)
7. Goose Beat (6:19)
8. Prayer Of The Big Band (4:42)
9. Growhouse (5:21)
10. Orion (5:02)
11. Mushroom Soup (5:43)
12. Pouncer (5:52)
13. Teachings Of Old (6:10)

I love artists where you don't have to think about the quality of the release, these artists inherits such a skill in artistic production of music, so even if they come up with something radically different than anything they've released before, you know that you can shove it into your cd player and be sure that if you don't like it at first glance, it's not the music doing anything wrong, it's you not understanding what the artist has accomplished.

One of the these artists is Swedish based music producer Simon Heath, aka Krusseldorf or maybe more known to some under his alias Atrium Carceri. Simon is one of those artists that possesses tremendous production and composition skills, even when he is using sounds that may not appeal to ones own taste, these sounds are so cleverly put together that it's impossible not to like it. I repeatedly find myself engulfed by the composition, totally missing the music experience as a whole.

The first release under his alias Krusseldorf was 'Smokers Lounge'. Smokers Lounge was a fresh breeze when it hit the market, it was a release where new ways of producing was tried out, new ideas implemented, the outcome was a strong album with some magnificent pieces of music as in tracks as Glugg and Death Notes. What Simon did was to keep and stay true to the essence of these remarkable tracks, fuse it with a more overall positive vibe, reducing the complexity of the tracks for a more laid back and enjoyable listening experience. In my opinion, this is much better suited for a ”smokers lounge” than the previous album. As a whole the music is very soft, with slow groovy and dubby basslines, often accompanied by light and intricately composed melodies. This is a reoccurring feature of the music, being very light or airy in atmosphere, almost sweeping through your mind unnoticed. Even so, having a very light atmosphere the feel of the music ranges from joy, to a sometimes more gloomy approach. There are elements of lounge, ambient, downtempo, psychill, IDM, Dub and even some flashes of neo classical. It's a great mix, and it's done so well that everything seems to blend into a new cohesive genre, we may call it “x-tra everything”! Bohemian Groove is a seamless ride from start to finish, a polished ride through the art of musical creation, a perfect mix between complexity and simplicity, melody and composition, melancholy and joy. Simon might actually have managed to achieve the deed of creating an album in the spirit of the “middle way”. Because that is exactly where Bohemian Groove puts you, in the middle, there are no extremes, no absolute values, positive or negative, just a continuous curve with a modest amplitude, yin and yang.

Simon is an artist in the true sense of the word. You can literally hear and feel the love for the creations process in this album. There is no doubt about it. The music flows with ease through your mind, just in the same way as everyday experience does. Summer is knocking at the door here in the northern hemisphere, and I can see no better way to celebrate it than giving this musical treat a spin in your cd player, or a decoding in your ipod.

This review was originally written for and published at Chillbase.org Head over to read more reviews, download free releases and more!

I really appreciate your reviews; usually the very super descriptive track-by-track ones turn me off - and only make sense to me anyway after I've listened enough to the album myself.

Professionally done, thanks dude!

I really appreciate your reviews; usually the very super descriptive track-by-track ones turn me off - and only make sense to me anyway after I've listened enough to the album myself.

Professionally done, thanks dude!

Thx, always nice to get positive feedback. :) The album is really great!

Cheers!

• 5 months later...

One of a couple great chillout releases during 2010 (Galaxy, Psyfactor...). This album holds a very high standard all throughout, more emotional in-your-face than relaxed, but the talent behind it is undeniable. The first track is a classic in my book.

One of a couple great chillout releases during 2010 (Galaxy, Psyfactor...). This album holds a very high standard all throughout, more emotional in-your-face than relaxed, but the talent behind it is undeniable. The first track is a classic in my book.

Which are those albums from Galaxy and Psyfactor? I'd be very interested in checking them out! Thanks :)

edit: sry of course I can check discogs....anyways... _S:S