And the Winner is!

Read the competition rules please. You can not distribute your remixes over peer to peer networks or to any pirate groups. And where are your respect for the original material? This will not be accepted. We made sure to tell you the rules from day one and if you did not accept them you should not have entered into the competition. Simple as that. There are clear legal rules involved in remix competitions and by entering a remix competition you accept those legal binding rules.

Then there's a member ranting about wanting to trade all the remixes. What a nice member and attitude ;) - irony!

The amount of bitching is really sad to see. We have learned one thing though. We wont have any other remix competitions including this community. Yes the artists are of course always welcome but it wont be announced here anymore. No offense to you Mars but this is just too much of a Kindergarten of jealousy and bad attitude.

It's really sad to see the disrespect of Disco Hooligans effort and fair winning track. As I wrote in the original post. The artist are more than welcome to get constructive feedback from us and get an explanation why they did not win - if they like to. So far no one wanted any feedback. I do not blame the artist in the above i wrote. They seem cool and seem to accept the fact they did not win. But other people here are extremely close minded and purists!

Some of your attitudes has got NOTHING to do with the Goa spirit!

Now flame me away :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... if people accept the rules... It is clear you should keep your rules as they were stated in the beginning... Which means... Release 3 tracks! If you don't accept your own rules, you can not expect that from others... Right?

well... if people accept the rules... It is clear you should keep your rules as they were stated in the beginning... Which means... Release 3 tracks! If you don't accept your own rules, you can not expect that from others... Right?

If you had any knowledge about remix competition you would know that there's always a clause for the competition to change it's rules. Many aspects can change and one is if there's not enough submitted remixes. 8 Remixes is simply not enough. Yes if we had felt that the some of the 8 submitted remixes, except for the winning remix, was living up to our expectations it would have been another story. But this is just how it is. They did not. No disrespect to anyone at all we do respect your skills and you as artists. I am just being honest letting you know where we are coming from.

And Anoebis I am sure you too always want the best of the best on your releases? or? And I am also sure you do not accept trading?

Anyways I dont really see there's any more to discuss. All we are saying is we do not accept people trading remixes on peer to peer networks including our original material except for what we has said we will allow in the first post.

And one last comment. I am pretty sure if it had been a "Goa" remix who won NO ONE would have said a word about 3 winning remixes. And no one would have complained ;) Just my observation in the posts where people complain. It's quite evident they are upset because it's not a "Goa" remix that won!

I respect winners but it seems changing rules are offended any artists that participate this competition. How i can see nobody isnt satisfied.

Isnt respect that artist recieve words like: "Thank you for joining this competition"...

Is understandly that we cannot release, i got that, but to upload on YouTube, ReverbNation, MySpace and other smiliar site is i dont know... wicked?

Changing the rules is same like that i made contract with someone, signed in for about 500 euro, and last day, they change conract for 100 euro. You made us ultimatum :)

I have nothing against you Kris, but we deserve some such as promotion for participating.

2 months spending just for experience? No way. I stoped all other tracks that i might finish to the summer to complete my album.

Madness :o:lol:

Edit: Nevermind Goa, Dark, Funky House or Full on, just an rules

You think that we care about your warnings ? Internet police cannot fight against mainstream music downloads, you think they care about underground techno scenes ?? Do you think that anyone will make only a fucking dollar by spreading a free remix ??

Whatever, it's not in your interest to prohibit the free distribution of these remixes in all cases...

I respect winners but it seems changing rules are offended any artists that participate this competition. How i can see nobody isnt satisfied.

Isnt respect that artist recieve words like: "Thank you for joining this competition"...

Is understandly that we cannot release, i got that, but to upload on YouTube, ReverbNation, MySpace and other smiliar site is i dont know... wicked?

Changing the rules is same like that i made contract with someone, signed in for about 500 euro, and last day, they change conract for 100 euro. You made us ultimatum :)

I have nothing against you Kris, but we deserve some such as promotion for participating.

2 months spending just for experience? No way. I stoped all other tracks that i might finish to the summer to complete my album.

Madness :o:lol:

Where did I ever say you can not upload it to myspace etc.? I never said that! Please read what I wrote. All I say is you can not trade it via peer to peer networks or give it to pirate groups as you yourself suggested you want to do!

And you could easily contact me on facebook as you already did if you have questions ;)

And sorry but you guys have misunderstood the concept of a remix competition. A remix competition does not give you ownership of your remix. Even if you are hired to do a remix you will never get the legal rights to your remix. The original artist ALWAYS has the copyright.

And seriously when you enter into a competition there are never any insurance you will win. So the time you use is your own decision. You can hardly blame us that you spend 2 months.

Cheers

Kristian

We already thanked you for participating and I don't think we ever disrespected any of the participating artists.

l spread these tracks the most I can, for the respect to the work of the artists, and I won't apologize to you about that because that's what they wished for their music.

All my love.

You've entered a competition, you've automatically agreed to the rules by taking part of the contest, and now you want to break them? Why would you do that?!

A remix competition does not give you ownership of your remix. Even if you are hired to do a remix you will never get the legal rights to your remix. The original artist ALWAYS has the copyright.

Yes you have but most material are by ourselves.

That means i dont have any copyright to my works :lol:

We didnt broke rules - rules broke us :huh:

Yes you have but most material are by ourselves.

That means i dont have any copyright to my works :lol:

We didnt broke rules - rules broke us :huh:

As I explained to you on Facebook (and as you yourself suggested). If you remove our melodies (bass-line included) and the samples you are more than welcome to do whatever you like with the track.

Funny how you complain here but not to me in private ;)

3 months....not 2...

I believe Imba was referring to us, the Space Elves. 

Anyways, concerning the topic, I don't support fighting over things like these. I think everyone should just relax and accept the fact the competition is over, one of the submitted tracks has won and now we should try to focus on other things. Creating this remix was not an easy job, and it was one excellent experience. Thanks to this remix, I made a new friendship with Christophe aka Somnesia, which is far more important than competing against other artists. I believe that our track deserves to be heard and played at parties, and for that reason, I will always keep it in my CD case when playing my DJ sets. 

And also, if anyone wants to spread the track over the internet, you don't have to keep anyone noted about that. It's your own private thingie. I know what is Kris saying, it's not nice to break the rules of the competition. However, I also think that artists should have been allowed to publish these remixes, but if the original artist doesn't want that, then I think we should respect that decision. Everyone has his reasons and needs, so let's just calm down and enjoy these other wonderful remixes :ph34r:

You've entered a competition, you've automatically agreed to the rules by taking part of the contest, and now you want to break them? Why would you do that?!

I haven't entered this competition, so I don't agree to the rules.

And Anoebis I am sure you too always want the best of the best on your releases? or? And I am also sure you do not accept trading?

I agree 100% about this... I always want the best

But I would never make the promise to release 3 tracks if I am not sure it will happen... (it's a matter of honor... if you can't keep your promises, don't promise anything and nobody will be dissapointed)

I'm surprised you didn't like the remixes enough to choose 3, as some of them have very good quality for sure.

About the trading... there is nothing you can do about it... i don't like to see our releases on P2P, but what does my opinion change? Nothing...

I agree 100% about this... I always want the best

But I would never make the promise to release 3 tracks if I am not sure it will happen... (it's a matter of honor... if you can't keep your promises, don't promise anything and nobody will be dissapointed)

I'm surprised you didn't like the remixes enough to choose 3, as some of them have very good quality for sure.

About the trading... there is nothing you can do about it... i don't like to see our releases on P2P, but what does my opinion change? Nothing...

As I wrote any Remix competition (have you ever done one or participated in one? - I have and have made competitions before too!) reserve the right to change the rules in case of unexpected changes such as too few remixes coming in. When reading your and a few other members complaints its as if we deliberate are out to disrespect the artist or out to cheat them. I am a bit disappointed you choose to see things this way and I can't help thinking there would have been no complaints if it had been a "Goa" remix who won.

Of course taste is taste but I simply do not agree with your opinion that those remixes had what we were looking for (again no disrespect just our honest opinion - speaking both for Jean's and my own behalf). We never said this was a "Goa" trance only competition. We actually stated we accepted more styles. It's a misunderstanding on your behalf if you think that just because it's a old-school Goa track, only Goa remixes was welcome.

I respect your choice, but in my opinion, at least some of the other remixes were good enough to be released (and now I am only talking about the goa-versions)... and it's weird to see you don't think there are not enough "good" tracks for a 3 tracks-release while there actually is...

A mixed release (one goa version, 1 disco Hooligan and 1 other) would have been more logic imo

But ok, enough bla bla from my side, I don't want to put energy in this dispute :)

I respect your choice, but in my opinion, at least some of the other remixes were good enough to be released (and now I am only talking about the goa-versions)... and it's weird to see you don't think there are not enough "good" tracks for a 3 tracks-release while there actually is...

A mixed release (one goa version, 1 disco Hooligan and 1 other) would have been more logic imo

But ok, enough bla bla from my side, I don't want to put energy in this dispute :)

I think your opinion is colored from your own taste and failing to wanting to understand what I am saying and respecting our decision and opinion. You and I have a very different taste when it come to music. I for one do not share the taste of most of your releases. That just taste and nothing personal at all. We just dont share taste. Maybe we did in the old days but not today. Ce la vie and not a problem :) I respect you for what you do as a professional. Please respect our decision instead of keeping questioning our opinion. And I do think this debate has reached it's end. We will release the winning remix and hope and trust the participating artists to not trade the remixes beyond what we already said they could.

I didn't participate on this so I don't really care, but I agree with Anoebis. If you guys said 3 tracks are to be released, you have to do exactly that. End of story. No excuses, no exceptions. Otherwise there's no contract and the artists can certainly do whatever they please with those tunes. Even more considering the minuscule amount of remix material provided (just had a look at the remix pack), the original tune being a mere citation in most of those remixes.

I have some of those and they are fantastic, hope the rest come to light at some point.

Trance Africa Express is one of the best Goa Trance tracks...! And it belongs in our hearts in our Goa Hearts and all these people that downloaded are Goa People..!!

You have to know that only Goa People love Sheyba cause Sheyba is Goa! and now ... we learn that Sheyba doesn't love Goa people and you even say that you don't like Goa music... :s

How is this possible???? i am so depressed that you forget your roots...

Trance Africa Express is one of the best Goa Trance tracks...! And it belongs in our hearts in our Goa Hearts and all these people that downloaded are Goa People..!!

You have to know that only Goa People love Sheyba cause Sheyba is Goa! and now ... we learn that Sheyba doesn't love Goa people and you even say that you don't like Goa music... :s

How is this possible???? i am so depressed that you forget your roots...

Forgot my roots? Give me a break. What do you people know about Goa-trance roots? It's hardly in spirit of the roots of the Goa scene to be jealous, nitpicking and complaining because one of your favorite remixes did not win. On the contrary the spirit is to accept things as they are and also to welcome diversity which is hardly what some of you so called "openminded" people accept these days. So please do not speak to me about forgetting my roots.

Sorry but this is getting totally stupid and the amount of bitching is never ending! END OF STORY!!! I am really done here with this debate. keep bitching and being sour grapes! It wont change a thing. It was not a so-called Goa track who won and so what!

Last comment and feel free to reply HONEST:

None of you who keep complaining would complain and use the excuse of the change in competition rules - none of you complained when it was announced that the rules had changed - IF one of your favorite remixes (read: ONLY GOA) had won. Be honest ;)