And the Winner is!

We are happy to announce that we have found the Winner of the Sheyba - Trance Africa Express Remix Competition

The Winner is:

DISCO HOOLIGANS

Link to the remix

They have been notified by email today.

We (Jean Borelli and Kristian Thinning Andersen) would like to thank everyone who participated in the competition. Your remixes had great ideas! It was a pleasure to listen to your tunes.

Further info regarding the release date etc. will be made public as soon as all details has been agreed.

PS! The participating artists who would like feedback regarding their remixes are welcome to contact me. Furthermore you are welcome to upload your remix for people to listen to as long as you do not make it available for download.

Important Information: I have been asked by some participating artists if they can release their remixes on other labels. To this I have to say no. The rules was very clear and fully published (also in the remix package) and every remix competition is like this. You participate with your remix and if you do not win you use it as an experience. The original artist always hold the copyright to the original material: unique melodies and samples (if created by the artist) etc. As written above you are welcome to upload the remixes as long as it's not made available for download to a wide audience. We are furthermore bending the original rules and allowing you to play and trade your remixes in a limited way to other Djs (and friends).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the winner!

But I thought there would be 3 winners.

The best 3 remixes will be released on all major shops in digital format (Beatport, iTunes etc) on the scheduled Sheyba “Trance Africa Express Remixed E.P” alongside a new 2010 Sheyba remix.

Congrats to the winner!

But I thought there would be 3 winners.

The best 3 remixes will be released on all major shops in digital format (Beatport, iTunes etc) on the scheduled Sheyba “Trance Africa Express Remixed E.P” alongside a new 2010 Sheyba remix.

As mentioned in the other topic about the remix competition we only received 8 remixes so there we simply not enough to decide from when it came down to variation in genre (all remixes were basically the same genre) as we are aiming at releasing a variated remix package. So we decided to reduce it to one winner.

This is Goa boycott :lol:

No it is in our opinion and taste the best remix of the ones we received (no offense as it's of course all about taste here). We do not focus on "the right genre" within the ones we originally were looking for. We focus on ideas, uniqueness and overall production quality too.

what a lame remix

what a lame comment!

I am sorry but the amount of bitching we already received is amazing! So much for open minds in the "Goa" community because it's not a "Goa" remix who won. What about being happy for those who won fair and square instead of this "sour grapes" attitude?

Congratulations to the winner! It's a good remix. We, the Space Elves, will upload the remix for listening since we spent a lot of time with Somnesia in creating the track. It would be a shame to leave it just for ourselves. :)

Once again, congratulations to Disco Hooligans (something was telling me that they will win) and of course, best wishes with the release!

The DH remix is indeed quite cool, not my style but it has tight sound and good groove! Like Arronax, I was quite sure this one was going to win, since I had the impression that the Elysium guys weren't exactly looking for "(Old/Newschool) Goa" (in the way most of the Psynewsers would use that word).

The DH remix is indeed quite cool, not my style but it has tight sound and good groove! Like Arronax, I was quite sure this one was going to win, since I had the impression that the Elysium guys weren't exactly looking for "(Old/Newschool) Goa" (in the way most of the Psynewsers would use that word).

We really did not have any ideas until we heard the remixes. It could just as easily have been a "old school/new school" remix who won. We just honestly felt the Disco Hooligans Remix was the best. It's really as simple as that.

I am sorry but the amount of bitching we already received is amazing! So much for open minds in the "Goa" community because it's not a "Goa" remix who won. What about being happy for those who won fair and square instead of this "sour grapes" attitude?

You know how things are here. Besides, it's a track considered as a classic goa track, Goa remixes is what would be expected.

You know how things are here. Besides, it's a track considered as a classic goa track, Goa remixes is what would be expected.

The remix competition was not only limited to psynews users and artists and who ever said an old-school track has to be remixed within the same genre? :)

The remix competition was not only limited to psynews users and artists and who ever said an old-school track has to be remixed within the same genre? :)

I only said it's something that one would expect. Hence the amount of Goa remixes, that's all.

The remix was good tho.

Here is the remix Trance Africa Express done by Somnesia & Space Elves.

Remix w&p by Christophe Grossel (Somnesia), Mirza Aljić & Nikola Petrović (members of Space Elves)

http://www.reverbnat...ow/song_4068114

edit: It seems that the reverbnation server did not upload the whole track. I will upload the track on myspace too.

edit No.2 : OK, the track is now ready for listening @ http://www.myspace.com/arronax. The description says "Arronax - Trance Africa Express", because myspace is stupid :ph34r: But nevermind, I noted who participated in the remix here.

Hello Guys...! Here is the Remix from Radical Distortion!

It's a 3 month work in the studio:) It is pure Goa Trance as it deserves to be for such a great track as Trance Africa Express :D

You can listen the remix by streaming directly from Radical Distoriton site : http://radicaldistortion.com

Let's hear your comments ppl...!

Commercial purpose means "goa-forbidden".

Congratulations to Disco Hooligans for their work, not the more original for me, but quite good by the way.

We aren't making mainstream music, we do not follow charts or bullshits like that so I hope you just realize that the other remixes are going to be downloaded anyway.

Personnaly I will spread these tracks the most I can, for the respect to the work of the artists, and I won't apologize to you about that because that's what they wished for their music.

All my love.