Which "Classic Album" should be re-released?

@reyu

Hence there has been a lot of talking about re-releases, limited editions etc. lately on the forum, I would like to know which album YOU would like to see re-released. In every record collection there is always missing a thing or two.

Here are some of my suggestions:

BPC : Blue Planet

Man with no name: Moment of truth/Teleportation

Koxbox: Forever after (this one has been re-released already in '99 by Matsuri, a long time ago...)

So bring it on people! :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleiadians - I.F.O.

Etnica - The Juggeling Alchemists Under The Black Light

Lotus Omega - Recycle Bin

Hunab-Ku - Magik Universe

VA - Accidental Occidentalism

To name a few.

What he said :ph34r:

I'd say IFO and Feeling Weird, but since I've paid silly sums of money for both I'd actually be a bit pissed off. So I'll say Avangaro instead.

I'd say IFO and Feeling Weird, but since I've paid silly sums of money for both I'd actually be a bit pissed off. So I'll say Avangaro instead.

The original albums usually keep their value...so no reason to be pissed ;)

Great guys, some I know, some I don't. I'm gonna try to find some more about those unknown(for me!) masterpieces.

KEEP'M COMING!! :)

The original albums usually keep their value...so no reason to be pissed ;)

I very much agree with this notion. There's nothing like reading 1997 in the cover somewhere rather than 2010. They're the rare copies, so you'd lose nothing if it got re-released.

I very much agree with this notion. There's nothing like reading 1997 in the cover somewhere rather than 2010. They're the rare copies, so you'd lose nothing if it got re-released.

Just fresh design and better mastering. Technology is miracle today :lol:

I guess I was lucky with those as I got them pretty cheap. If I remember right, Feeling Weird was only $5 on amazon (substance version) and is still not more the $15 :ph34r:

Some albums mentioned here are still easily available at a decent price. :)

Don't know what I'd like to see re-released.. Limited editions maybe, stuff that's handed to a few people.

Just paraphrasing others before me:

Miranda - Phenomena

Pleiadians - I.F.O.

VA - Accidental Occidentalism

Bodh Gaya - Ayahuasca

I would actually want re-mastering on most, but leave the art alone imo. :)

Not easy but possible for some releases.

Miranda is on internet not so someone can contact it for Phenomena rerelease :)

Some albums mentioned here are still easily available at a decent price. :)

It would be very helpful which albums you've pointed out here and where to get them cheap! :rolleyes:

I also noticed at discogs that you can find reasonably priced albums but I'm reluctant to buy them because of the state they're in(artwork+cd).

Example Album x you can get for 20 euro(= reasonable) and at the same time other copies 40-50 euro or even more. :unsure:

Maybe I shoud give it a try and see for myself but somehow I don't trust it.

Don't know what I'd like to see re-released.. Limited editions maybe, stuff that's handed to a few people.

aahhh the happy few...where are they and are they sharing? ;)

Well the topic title was "Classic albums" so one has to agree on what is a classic or not. Accidental Occidentalism is just a compilation not album; we haven't seen compilations being re-released, only a mix by Goa Gil which the original isn't a rarity after all.

Chances that most of these albums will be re-released are extremely remote IMO. Remember some time ago there was a rumour Avatar bought the Dragonfly rights? Doesn't seem to have been true. The biggest hope is still always Avatar though; DAT records mission is to release "the unreleased", so at best it will release a "classic" plus a second CD with unreleased. We already saw it happening with BPC. Suntrip released Transdimensional, arguably the most overpriced one back then, but that was only a one time incidence because artist RA works with Suntrip too.

Don't want to sound negative but can't imagine anyone in these times venturing up into setting a label purely to release overpriced sought after albums. The licensing headache and the costs far outweigh potential sales.

BTW: speaking of (for a change :lol:) of I.F.O. it has been made available digitally. Still, the legality seems unclear according to discogs history.

It would be very helpful which albums you've pointed out here and where to get them cheap! :rolleyes:

I also noticed at discogs that you can find reasonably priced albums but I'm reluctant to buy them because of the state they're in(artwork+cd).

Example Album x you can get for 20 euro(= reasonable) and at the same time other copies 40-50 euro or even more. :unsure:

Miranda - Phenomena: 20€.

MWNN - Moment of Truth: 20€

KoxBox - Forever After: 14€

Chakra & Edi Mis - The Promised Land: 20€

-> considering they are at least in NM condition, so you surely can find them for less. And these are discogs-prices, which are most of the time way too high. :D

Maybe I shoud give it a try and see for myself but somehow I don't trust it.

Of course you should do that! I really don't see any other option, since there aren't a lot of oldschool albums at e-shops (like Psyshop etc.) available. Discogs and ebay are your friends. ^^ Let's face it, I don't think most labels would re-release an album for only a handful (compared to the numbers of full on/darkpsy fans) of goa trance lovers.

Miranda - Phenomena: 20€.

MWNN - Moment of Truth: 20€

KoxBox - Forever After: 14€

Chakra & Edi Mis - The Promised Land: 20€

-> considering they are at least in NM condition, so you surely can find them for less. And these are discogs-prices, which are most of the time way too high. :D

I was doing some research too Djuna, now some of the ridiculously priced:

One man game: Total Trance 200 euro

Adrenalin Drum: X-perimental goa 120 euro

MWNN: Teleportation 70-80 euro

Hunab-Ku: Magic Universe not available

Lotus Omega: Recycle Bin 65-100 euro

info from Discogs

Let's face it, I don't think mt labels would re-release an album for only a handful (compared to the numbers of full on/darkpsy fans) of goa trance lovers.

I think there are fullon/darkpsy/prog freaks who like goa. We are talking about the originators here.

I've heard this statement over and over and it get's kinda tyring, no offense Djuna, really. All I can say is to check psyshop/saiko/beatspace and look for the reissues from the past years. Are these recordlabels stupid??

As I said before if now and then 1 or 2 classics are being re-released, which is NOT out of the ordinary, I'll be happy! :)

I never said that re-releasing a CD is something stupid, I said that it's probably less interesting for labels in a commercial point of view. You can't say that goa trance labels nowadays make tons of profit. But I wouldn't mind at all, of course.

And yes, some things are as expensive as new body parts. But that's something that is part of collecting - also to find the goodies at a low price (and of course the necessary bragging to someone who paid millions for the same stuff :D).

Well the topic title was "Classic albums" so one has to agree on what is a classic or not. Accidental Occidentalism is just a compilation not album; we haven't seen compilations being re-released, only a mix by Goa Gil which the original isn't a rarity after all.

Chances that most of these albums will be re-released are extremely remote IMO. Remember some time ago there was a rumour Avatar bought the Dragonfly rights? Doesn't seem to have been true. The biggest hope is still always Avatar though; DAT records mission is to release "the unreleased", so at best it will release a "classic" plus a second CD with unreleased. We already saw it happening with BPC. Suntrip released Transdimensional, arguably the most overpriced one back then, but that was only a one time incidence because artist RA works with Suntrip too.

Don't want to sound negative but can't imagine anyone in these times venturing up into setting a label purely to release overpriced sought after albums. The licensing headache and the costs far outweigh potential sales.

BTW: speaking of (for a change :lol:) of I.F.O. it has been made available digitally. Still, the legality seems unclear according to discogs history.

Actually the topic title is: Which "classic album" should be re-released?...according to YOU! I'm still waiting... :lol:

Wether it makes sense to you or the recordlabel is quite...well dare I say...off-topic :P

The biggest hope is still always Avatar though;

And Inpsyde to a lesser extent, though they don't seem to have reissued anything since 2005.

I never said that re-releasing a CD is something stupid, I said that it's probably less interesting for labels in a commercial point of view. You can't say that goa trance labels nowadays make tons of profit. But I wouldn't mind at all, of course.

Then I'm REALLY glad it's not about making tons of profit... :ph34r:

And yes, some things are as expensive as new body parts. But that's something that is part of collecting - also to find the goodies at a low price (and of course the necessary bragging to someone who paid millions for the same stuff

You're totally right...the hunt being better than the catch and all that. Don't get me wrong, I like to visit those little recordshops or websites and try to find that rare album... but to some extend(and the fact that I can't speak Finnish doesn't help either hence HUUTO.NET is a bloody Finnish site :lol: )