Do you have IFO?

Penzoline

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own the physical copy of Pleiadians - I.F.O.

• Yes. (Nova Tekk)
    • Yes. (Dragonfly Records)
    • No. (Sadface)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but according to the songs I have or heard, it's a bit overrated imho. For the same money I can buy more albums that are as good as IFO or even better.

But oh well, you can say that about a lot of albums. :)

I downloaded it from itunes like a bunch of other classics because I just can't wait for the re-release. :)

Pleiadians - Identified Flying Object is, hands down, the heavyweight champion in all classes IMHO!!!

I will never get tired of those tracks. So complex in its structure.. i constantly discover new things

in those amazing tracks.

(I hope that draeke & DAT records will release: I.F.O. Live (DAT, 1997) in the near future, since i have: Asterope (Live Mix) from that recording.. and it is a killer)

light&smiles

Daemon

Yes. Bought it off LuBu for a relatively ridiculous sum of money. It's good, but it's not one of my favourites by a long shot. Maybe it's just that so many of the new-school artists are trying too hard to sound like Pleiadians, but to me it's just nowhere near as interesting as a lot of other stuff that came out back then.

When I asked Suntrip about the re-release of Transdimensional Anoebis said IFO will probably be re-released in the future...

Were that just his thoughts about the matter or does he know more than us. Maybe DAT or Suntrip is considering this already...are you guys?

Offcourse there is always Avatar or Inpsyde to re-release the bloody thing someday...a luta continua :unsure:

It is in my to do list. As masen told you , it is in my plans to have a double cd released, ifo + ifo live.

Both deserves to be out at some point: so just keep on following because i will do everything in my power to make it happen... : ). And so there wil not be no more sad faces around !

PS: do u know there were at least 5000 copies sold of the dragonfly pressing? but still i see many people don't have one..

It is in my to do list. As masen told you , it is in my plans to have a double cd released, ifo + ifo live.

Both deserves to be out at some point: so just keep on following because i will do everything in my power to make it happen... : ). And so there wil not be no more sad faces around !

:D

PS: do u know there were at least 5000 copies sold of the dragonfly pressing? but still i see many people don't have one..

Yeah and I think that's the crazy part in all of this.

Way to go Draeke!!! :rolleyes:

This is going to be a collectors item, even those who have IFO or gonna buy this because of the live mixes as a bonus...NO???

I have the Nova Tekk version. I used to have the Dragonfly release as well, but then I sold it a few years back - not for some overblown discogs price, but it wasn't cheap either...

I decided to keep the Nova Tekk version due to the amazing, enhanced graphics on the cover art.

It is still one of the only psy trance orientated CD I'd never sell, along with "Tetrahedron", Trippy Future Garden", "Family Of Light" and maybe even "Geomantik".

I guess it has an enduring, everlasting quality. I can count on my fingers the albums I can listen to for more than a decade after their original release and still be as impressed. Maybe only Speedy J, Surgeon, Cosmosis and early U.R. stuff belong in that privileged category of evergreen artists B)

Can't beleive that the majority of the voters here don't have it.

I had both once, I sold the Novatekk and kept the Dragonfly. It's far from a favourite, I keep it for historical reasons.

Same here. Is an instant classic. I've owned the Dragonfly version since it was released.

Same here. Is an instant classic. I've owned the Dragonfly version since it was released.

There are us who got into the scene super late, like me. And paying 40e+ for a CD is toooo much.

By the way what do you mean by *retired trancer as of 2010*, DP?

• 2 weeks later...

There are us who got into the scene super late, like me. And paying 40e+ for a CD is toooo much.

That really depends on the quality and availability of the given CD. There are loads of people willing to pay much more than €40 for a CD.

By the way what do you mean by *retired trancer as of 2010*, DP?

I'm retired. Used to be much more active.