Heavy rhythm goa-/psytrace

0daybrain

I don't know the track you mention, but if you're after psytrance with more interesting percussion than a simple house beat then check out this (and a lot of other Nommos stuff).

• 3 weeks later...

ah comeon! boring beats and rhythms ever have been goa/psy's most hard critique.

there must be other good examples ....

i dunno but double dragon - dice has a groovy type of rhythm ... the track is totally aligned on it.

shiva chandra - splud

pots - mind modulator and candy from the strange side(totally repetives but beats sound nice on good setup or headphones)

any new examples?

Haltya - Twisturbed Fok 'n Manmal

and Finnish psy in general might fit your bill. Also, most of dark psy is based on rhythms (rather than melodies) so I don't agree with your statement that "boring beats and rhythms ever have been goa/psy's most hard critique."

My link

I don't agree with your statement that "boring beats and rhythms ever have been goa/psy's most hard critique."

maybe it's rather simple than boring beats and rhythms. but what other goa/psy critique have you heard so far?

I'm not sure if this is the kind of music you're looking for, but I always thought of every Wildthings Records act to heavily emphasize rhythm, with lots of percussion and unmatched moody atmosphere, very, very psychedelic. E.V.P (Alex Diplock) and RealityGrid (Alex Diplock, used to be a duo with Leon Kane (Avalon), but Avalon is now solo at Nano Records), as well as Archaic and Error Corrective.

Examples: RealityGrid - Holopod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWDEbWHI6Vo

E.V.P - Copy This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsQIZcyQs8

Saw E.V.P twice live and I've never seen a crowd so energized by the relentless heavy, yet psychedelic rhythms and sounds. Btw I like how he constantly moves and dances behind his stuff on the stage. Be sure to check out tracks by Error Corrective and Archaic, too. Another recommendation would be Penta, especially his "Horn Please" and "Portuguese Abduction" albums, with tracks like "Olympia", "Time Jump", "Here We Come" and "Andes"(!). You should be able to find all of them on youtube. But hey...maybe I completely missed your taste.

Gah, finally somebody has put this on YouTube. I love the demented kick drum pattern that starts around the three minute mark (and everything else - probably my fave track of 2009).

I'm not sure if this is the kind of music you're looking for, but I always thought of every Wildthings Records act to heavily emphasize rhythm, with lots of percussion and unmatched moody atmosphere, very, very psychedelic. E.V.P (Alex Diplock) and RealityGrid (Alex Diplock, used to be a duo with Leon Kane (Avalon), but Avalon is now solo at Nano Records), as well as Archaic and Error Corrective.

Word. Anything in Wildthings or Bom Shanka drive crowds crazy in the UK for good reason. Psymmetrix is up there with EVP and RG in my opinion, and Neutral Motion and Synthetik Chaos are well worth a mention.