Trentemoller - Into the Great Wide Yonder

Anakoluth

‘Into The Great Wide Yonder’ is the second album of Anders Trentemøller and the follow up of the highly succesful ‘The Last Resort’ (2006).

Just like his debut, which struck a chord with new audiences all around the world, ‘Into The Great Wide Yonder’ is a truly remarkable album, offering as much depth and soul as it’s predecessor, yet sounding ultimately fresh and different.

Above all, the ten tracks show an artist that’s willing to take risks, find in- spiration in new places and move beyond the sound of his previous album. Trentemøller: ‘Of course I didn’t want to make the same record twice. So the album is for me a logic development from ’The Last Resort’’. Instead he just started to collect new ideas, without thinking too much about the direction the music would take him: ‘The only thing I knew was that I’d want the music to sound more organic and analog.’

http://www.conzoom.com/user/index.php?page=show_album&id=995&rid=13

:wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Well. I'm baffled that this doesn't get more attention. But it's ok, I've always been the ugly kid at school :D

Anyway, I've just come home with this record in my bag. I'll wait another 3 days til the exams are over to listen to it properly.

:)

Might be worth checking out. I like the last resort although The Trentemøller Chronicles was pretty cheesy :unsure:

Last resort is great, I'm a bit curious about this new album.

So Anakoluth, I'll wait for your comments on this release Posted Image

I've listened through this once and my first impression is that this album is not really an improvement from Last Resort, more of a continuation on the same level. More listens required though.

I really, really like this. It is at time compltely different than The Last Resort, Trentemoller is showing lots of courage with this record. The singing is very beautiful in my opinion, and never cheesy at all. All in all it's very subtle, emotional and organic sounding electronic music, carefully crafted with attention to the detail. It's not better or worse than The Last Resort...it's something else. And that's what a good second album is for me: Evolutio without loosing the sound of the artist, which still is very present here. Last but not least, the artwork is pretty decent too!