Starwars I & II "reviews"

PRS

This is gold:

@hollywood:

stop wiping your but with my screen already!

Starwars I was probably the highest point in the Hollywood crappile, but I'm fearing we're going in that direction again/still. With films like 2012, Sherlock Holmes, etc..

I'm gonna get shot for this, but I even think the Dark Knight was a pile of donkeydumpings thought- and plotwise. Don't talk to me about that before you've seen the review(s) though! Then tell me the Dark Knight was still as good if you go and look at it that critically.

We DID get some good movies in 2009 though, so I'm not complaining. I'm not. You should see me complaining.

I agree about The Dark Knight. I thought it was a good movie, but I haven't been able to understand all the worship and hyperbole around it since it came out.

+1

hahaha nice channel!

im watching his avatar review , what a big laugh!

EDIT : Check out the "Disney tm Eyes" LOLLLLLLLLLLL , i will sure keep following his videos :D

EDIT2 : Na'Vi = Naive LOLOLOLLLL

:lol:

I agree about The Dark Knight. I thought it was a good movie, but I haven't been able to understand all the worship and hyperbole around it since it came out.

Yeah, I feel similarly. Sure it was pretty good but I wasn't really tempted to watch it again or buy the DVD

I boycotted seeing The Dark Knight at the time. I'm too stubborn and felt strongly opposed to all the hoopla surrounding Heath Ledger and it being his last movie before his death etc. There was so much hype and publicity over it, especially here in Australia as this was his homeland. I've got nothing against Ledger personally and he was apparently a nice guy, but everyone dies and there are plenty of people out there that have passed on who have lead more meaningful and honourable lives than a freakin' celebrity. I'm pretty neurotic (probably jealous) in this area and celebrity culture makes me cringe. Vicarious living freaks who follow them that have not the strength to try and stand up themselves so they bow to something with often no distinctly honourable qualities. To this day I've not seen the damn thing and I'm not in any hurry to either, it' still undeservingly #1 on IMDB I believe.

Confession: Sometimes when I'm browsing the news I read about celebrities. Posted Image Now does anyone have a gun to put me out of my misery. Posted Image

To stay relatively on topic I watched the Star Wars prequels recently. Despite the semi-butchering of the universe etc I still enjoy some moments in them because it is at least based in that universe.

I only watched the first 5 minutes but it is already gold. Thanks for the recommendation!

"In this video that I made for educational purposes" :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Part 3 has both the best and worst moments of the prequels, but overall is much better IMO than part 1 and part 2. Part 2 does have cool CGI stuff and battles.

"Anakin, you're breaking my hart!"

The originals are obviously far too great to compare.

The 'cantina scene' from Star Wars (where they meet Han Solo) is so cool and funny. It is absolute cult.

The idea of a bar where all kinds of weird aliens meet and discuss shady deals etc.. it's simply the coolest setting imaginable.

Also love the alien band with their funny tunes (by John Williams).

I cannot imagine anything cooler than being there and hanging out with these twisted aliens (even though they are dangerous). :D

I miss stuff like that in newer Sci-Fi movies. You can't create such an atmosphere with only shiny computer graphics.

I hope someday they will make a big sci fi movie again with a universe as rich as star wars, less CGI and more real sets, puppets and masks. :D

lol yeah but like everyone agreed at the time that Starwars I and II (but especially the 1st) was crap so I don't really see why this "review" is such a revelation?

Now if I saw a similar review on, say, Lord of the Rings now THAT would be impressive ;)

• 5 months later...

lol yeah but like everyone agreed at the time that Starwars I and II (but especially the 1st) was crap so I don't really see why this "review" is such a revelation?

Now if I saw a similar review on, say, Lord of the Rings now THAT would be impressive ;)

Yeah but the problem here is LOTR movies were actually good..