Seriously, the prices are killing me.

Penzoline

There's always the Creative Commons option. There are plenty of great old school albums that probably won't be re-released by Avatar, Suntrip, or DAT. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be heard. With so many old school fanatics around I know a lot of people are in contact with the artists... so make it happen; I'm sure at least a few would be amenable to the idea, much as OOOD and Elysium have been so far.

sometimes i feel many rare releases is good kept rare.

nothing wrong if we don't get to hear all the music. there are so many other releases.

but for lots of collectors having a rare record it makes them feel better for all the time, money and life they've spent/wasted in music. :lol:

There's always the Creative Commons option. There are plenty of great old school albums that probably won't be re-released by Avatar, Suntrip, or DAT. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be heard. With so many old school fanatics around I know a lot of people are in contact with the artists... so make it happen; I'm sure at least a few would be amenable to the idea, much as OOOD and Elysium have been so far.

Great idea Basilisk. I really think this is good for old school artists to be able to re-emurge from obscurity, get them to play live again, etc. This is what Suntrip and some other organisers are doing quite succesfully BTW, inviting old school artists to their parties. If the artists can see for themselves they are still relevant in this day and age maybe they will consider reissueing their older stuff...Let's hope for the best. Personally, I think a lot more reissues are gonna come our way...which is GOOD! :rolleyes:

Great idea Basilisk. I really think this is good for old school artists to be able to re-emurge from obscurity, get them to play live again, etc. This is what Suntrip and some other organisers are doing quite succesfully BTW, inviting old school artists to their parties.

Who are these organizers? I haven't heard from any of them :)

well some organizers in Israel invite oldschool artist from overseas somtimes... like juan vedera, ubar tmar, Etnica...

+1 on that.

Lots of oldschool going on in Israel.

Unfortunately, no new school. Organizers should book more (which is currently 0) new school artists. I've done some "lobbying", for my own artists from Cronomi and other artists, with no success.

reyu - pointless I meant of course from a business point of view. Like Basilisk said, a good option would be to just release it as CC for free, and if they want money then a digital download would also be ok.

Penzoline: I've found many classics from huuto.net, and cheap as well. For example my copy of Juggeling Alchemists cost me 10 euros. People don't know what they are selling there.

So search for some oldschool artists or labels there now and again, maybe you'll find something :)

Everywhere I look, everything has been bought already. Hardly any stores(All three of them) carry old stuff anymore and then you go look at used one's, and they go at extremely ridiculous prices. Finally I have some money so I could buy something, I don't own a single pre-2000 release, apart from DATRec releases, but the ludicrous prices are just too much. Why couldn't the labels have print more copies? Or why can't some labels re-release stuff? Avatar is at least putting some old one's back, but slowwwly. Case to the point, I'm not paying 30euros for a CD when I could get 3 new one's with the same amount.

It also didn't help as I finally got myself a paypal account, it takes money to transfer from bank account there, a certain release went out of stock at saiko as I was waiting for my money. Really, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HeadToWallHeadToWallHeadToWallHeadToWall

Gah, I just needed to vent.

Dude, it's not that hard. Go dig through some used records stores.

The last "goa" album I found was Eat Static - B-World for 1.50 Euros.

To me it's kind of crap anyway (and I like Eat Static). Want it? I'd do a trade.