Darkpsy recomendations

Darkarbiter

So, clearly since we haven't had a darkpsy thread in a while we need a new one. So anyway, I'd like some darkpsy recomendations and here's a list of albums I like:

! next to stuff in particular

Aku Aku-The ceremony

Attoya-Based on True events!

Baphomet Engine-Baphomet Engine

Baphomet Engine-Baphomet Engine 2!

Cybernetika-Atropos

Cybenetika-Nanosphere

Dark soho albums (although they're really more psy tekk)!

Derango-Tumult!

Electrypnose-Le Tireur Des Ficelles

Entropy-Purple people but not the third album

Furious-Uncanny Beats!

Furious-Supremecy!

Far East Ghost-Welcome to Psychedelic Hell!

Far East Ghost-Emperor

Gorump Peyya-Changes

Horror Place-Time Travel

Isentropic-Heavens gonna burn your eyes

Iron Madness-Slaughter Shiver

Para Halu-The world of peace

Para Halu-The future sound of Para Halu!

Penta-Funraiser, gonna have to check out the first album some day but the later stuff wasn't quite so good although reasonable

Psychoz-Pschotic epiphanies (the first album wasn't very strong)

Psykovsky-The Budet

Psykovsky-Debut!

Silent Horror-Nemesis

The Nommos-Primal Meltdown

Wooden Monsters-Warriors of the acid forest!

Xyla-Esoterica

Xenomorph stuff!

Compilations:

Multiple personalities series

Beauty and the beast!

The Invisible hand

Kali Yuga

Double Trouble!

So anyway, can anyone recommend some stuff? I don't mind hard and abstract so long as it's atmospheric(in fact some of the really hard facemelting booming bass stuff is quite meditative), the warriors of the acid forest album in particular being a good example of some nice sortof avant garde stuff. The sortof slow horror stuff is also good, but yeh, you can probably see what I like from that list, so recomendations please? The industrial stuff is always good too.

On discogs it had an average rating of 2 (one 3 one 1). Wtf. It's the perfect example of the harder psy that actually makes sense. Especially on the second half.

Tell me about it.

It's a fantastic album, a perfect example of classic darkpsy. The Curse Of The Black Goat is one of the trippiest tracks ever made IMO.

Tell me about it.

It's a fantastic album, a perfect example of classic darkpsy. The Curse Of The Black Goat is one of the trippiest tracks ever made IMO.

Yep, the last track (and many others, not so much the 2nd and third though although they're still pretty good) was absolutely amazing too. So much powerful stuff. Makes me truely believe in darkpsy.

p.s. bump

Cybernetika-Atropos

...isn't this DnB? :huh:

Multiple personalities series

I HAD to get my hands on Multiple Personalities 3 after you told me how good it was. Holy christ, the energy here is enough to kill a yak. I'd love some more mega-pounding hardcore shit like this that makes you wonder if your brain is going to melt.

I also like VA - Hard Times, especially the track Impaktronet - Modulation. That track literally feels like my brain is in a blender.

If you want fresh music from this year you could check out V.A Jupider Toadstool on Quantum frog records or the Multi Evil album on No Comment Records.

Another general recommendation - C.P.C project

If you want fresh music from this year you could check out V.A Jupider Toadstool on Quantum frog records or the Multi Evil album on No Comment Records.

Another general recommendation - C.P.C project

Hell yeah!!! Jupiter Toadstool is awesome, so is Multi Evil debut. Another this year goodies:

Comps:

Darkpsy - Optoplanar, Organ Splitter, Pleiadian Connection, Freaks United (!!!)

Forest - For The Freaks, Parvatrip, Brainzcrew, Boom Shiva Freaks, Somatic Frenzy, Urban Forest

Night Fullon - June, Highway To Eternity, Fantasy Drops

Albums:

Insector "Rebirth" (very fast)

Zen Mind and Terratech "Ethereal Lifeforms"

Venom Sense and Insector "Hyperstatic Experience"

Septagram - Power Cell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXqmwUK9INY

While not all of Septagram's stuff is that good, this one is such a killer track. Man, I seriously love it. The groove is so relentless, it constantly builds up energy, and from 5:00 onwards it's pure darkpsy perfection, at least imo. The sounds at the end of the track send chills down my spine everytime I listen to it.

Other than that, what about the likes of Highko, Samadhi, Fungus Funk, -Z- (Alpha and Antagon), Dragon?

Septagram - Power Cell

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXqmwUK9INY

While not all of Septagram's stuff is that good, this one is such a killer track. Man, I seriously love it. The groove is so relentless, it constantly builds up energy, and from 5:00 onwards it's pure darkpsy perfection, at least imo. The sounds at the end of the track send chills down my spine everytime I listen to it.

Other than that, what about the likes of Highko, Samadhi, Fungus Funk, -Z- (Alpha and Antagon), Dragon?

That is a good track indeed, I'll check out some of the artists mentioned by you and muzi

That is a good track indeed, I'll check out some of the artists mentioned by you and muzi

Yah, glad you liked it. To make sure you listen to the "correct" tracks (the ones I had in mind when recommending the artists), I'll post a few here, starting with Samadhi's "Zero Gravity". Be sure to turn up the volume :)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nCxHJYyo8g

Again, I really like tracks with a distinct techy, cold and spacy atmosphere!

Next up, -Z- (Alpha and Antagon), "Hungarian Folk Freak" from their 2009 album, REVO.

To me, a lot - if not most - of darkpsy is not that appealing, as it often sounds like it is made without concept, proper track structure and building, just a bunch of noises layered over a hard, fast bassline. That's not the case with -Z-!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEul3hy3ZpE

Check out Antagon as solo artist as well.

Highko - Sonic Bombardment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO0KqvPuGMU

Too bad that the quality of the video is not that good. Listen to this one in good quality and corresponding volume (loud) and it will move you out of your seat and do the Michael Flatley.

While Dragon may not be "real" Darkpsy, I think you should take a listen, as Penta or Cybernetika wouldn't qualify as "true" darkpsy, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgxGtM9glEE

Damn, I'd love to have the first sounds as my doorbell sound.