Penzoline

Sky Technology - Time And Space EP

UndergroundAlienFactory

Posted Image

01. Sky Technology - Ancient Race 8:18

02. Sky Technology - Namashivaya 7:21

03. Sky Technology - Something Wonderful 9:48

04. Sky Technology - At The End of Time 8:04

We are gifted by UAF once more with a free EP from a new school artist. This time it's Sky Technology. If you've heard his track on Goatronika, you basically know what to expect. His style is ultra melodic with really incredible crystal sounding melodies and effects.

Ancient Race

Holy shit. You get super trippy pitched rattling sounds everywhere from the very beginning. 0:17 a deep bassline with kick arrives. 0:20 grand soundscape arrives and we're onto the journey that is Ancient Race. Extremely sweet crystal-like melodies and effects take us along and 1:20 reveals the main melody - and it is beautiful. 1:45 takes it even more of a higher, spiritual level as the rattling gets it full gear on and we start spiraling towards the center of the universe. 2:44 gets us a breakpoint which provokes the atmosphere that is held in this track even more and prepares for the ultimate super melodic climax at 3:30. Holy shit. You probably remember how it felt the first time listening to Filteria, it was crazy ultra fast and everywhere - Adrenaline junkies galore. Well Sky Technology manages to do the same exact feeling here in my opinion. It's everywhere, it's interesting, it's fast, it's spiraling, it's like a never-ending fractal. 4:37 another breakpoint and 5:04 lifts it up again. We yet again start speeding up towards the center of the universe. 5:30 arrives and, yet again, holy shit. 6:23 a breakpoint that once again shows the beauty of the rattle. 6:49 and the final climax is here and it's incredible, mindbending spiral to the depths of your existence. This track is mindblowing, literally. It's super trippy, colourful, uplifting and adrenaline filled. Gold. A masterpiece. And yes, I actually compared Sky Technology to Filteria.

Namashivaya

We start of with a mysterious atmosphere and we hear "om shivayah". Not long and we get a dark and a bit rattling bassline. Melodies ensue, and they are still made with the crazy style Sky Technology has. 1:13 brings us this very cheese-nitzo like part, odd choice for having a cheesy section for the melody. The melody gets better later on and doesn't stay very cheesy for long at all. This track is like they advertised on the release thread, nitzogoa a'la V/A - Nitzhogoa. This track, unlike Ancient Race, focuses on more creating a moody atmosphere and that's where it succeeds. Imagine walking through an Indian forest at night and finding an ancient temple. This is what would be playing the background.

Something Wonderful

"My god, it's full of stars". This track is like a mix of the previous two tracks. It's fast like Ancient Race but keeps a darker, trippy and more magical tone throughout the track like Namashivaya. An intense trip and must be listened with care. The crystal and mysterious atmosphere is great. Melodies work too. Yet another good track.

At The End Of Time

Imagine the uptempo Sky Technology style as more downtempo. The End Of Time is pretty much that. Same melancholic, trippy and grand sounds take you through The End Of Time. The unique sound is so out there, never heard anything like this before and I love it. This is definitely a sight to see.

And there you have it, Sky Technology's debut in a free EP form. Grab it, you won't lose anything and will only gain some of the best new school goa(with a bit of nitzhogoa) you've heard. You'll also get the biggest surprise of 2010 here, Ancient Race. It's gold, pure gold.

Get it here

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/sky-technology-time-space/

UndergroundAlienFactory

http://www.uafrecords.tk/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing EP. I can't wait for a full album, though I suppose I'll have to :P

This is some of the best goa I've ever heard. Ancient Race is easily a "track of the year" candidate. In fact, I think it's one of the best goa tracks of all time, and I don't say things like that unless I really believe it :) Even more amazing that it's a free download. :)

Amazing EP. I can't wait for a full album, though I suppose I'll have to :P

This is some of the best goa I've ever heard. Ancient Race is easily a "track of the year" candidate. In fact, I think it's one of the best goa tracks of all time, and I don't say things like that unless I really believe it :) Even more amazing that it's a free download. :)

Yes, you can because album is on the way! :)

Dimitry told me that have some tracks so far but one is finished and i have it. Can say that is pretty good, also you can check demo on his MySpace profile:

http://www.myspace.com/skytechnology100000

That track is Lost Worlds. And soon more tracks from him coming on free compilations and one CD compilation.

Also i know that he works now on his first compilation where should be just ukrainian artists. Be prepared for MADNESS :lol:

• 5 months later...

Gah. The fact that this is mastered like most UAF releases is really a shame. The volume level is around +30% less when compared to just about everything else. I have heard the Reactor Of Life on that radio mix and the mastering on that is just so much better, really bringing much more out of the sounds Sky uses.

Problem is that UAF dont have money for professional mastering, and mastering is gift from our friends.

By the way im not guilty for this mastering, because Dimitriy paid to guy from his city for mastering ;)

Yeah I can understand that, it's still a shame. Great music needs great mastering! Ancient Race is such a tune. :)