Carbon Based Lifeforms - Interloper, out on May 3rd 2010

Squirsier

Hmmm... vocals? I don't know, that kinda scares me. But being the CBL fanboy that I am, I preordered it anyway! :)

Like Erratic Patterns maybe? I didn't really hear too many vocals in the samples on their.

Some of these tracks seem to be new versions / remakes of tracks from the first album. Um Central Plain? As opposed to Central Plains? The vocals thing scares me too. I hope they don't go too far with it. I would be very interested to hear that album that got canceled a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

God damn dust cloud, stupid icelandic volcano delaying my packages from europe :angry: :angry: :angry:

:( no volcano should be able delay such an important parcel, what's up with this mad world??!??! :wacko:

I'm not totally convinced (yet!), we'll see.

The second half, however, is magnificent!

+1

Sometimes a little too much vocals on some tracks...

Second part is super good though indeed! :)

I don't understand how people say there's too much singing in it. I barely notice it.

I guess the right amount would be none :D I actually enjoy the tracks with singing..

i find it odd that the back of the digipak starts at track 24. hydroponic garden had 11 tracks, and so did world of sleepers. thus making 22 tracks so far, which means interloper should have started at track 23.

i find it odd that the back of the digipak starts at track 24. hydroponic garden had 11 tracks, and so did world of sleepers. thus making 22 tracks so far, which means interloper should have started at track 23.

You're forgetting Mechanism, the hidden track after Betula Pendula.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know about you guys, but I'm highly dissapointed

Yes, it seems they softened out. Can happen to anyone, even Solar Fields' Movements album suffers by the same problem. Soft albums are good, but there's already too much of them. We've got Enya and Yanni for that. CBL's time is too valuable to waste.

The reason why I listen to the music I listen, is also because it sounds like not from this world. But this mellow music sounds very much like from this world. It could represent Earth on solar system convention.

Yes, it seems they softened out. Can happen to anyone, even Solar Fields' Movements album suffers by the same problem. Soft albums are good, but there's already too much of them. We've got Enya and Yanni for that. CBL's time is too valuable to waste.

The reason why I listen to the music I listen, is also because it sounds like not from this world. But this mellow music sounds very much like from this world. It could represent Earth on solar system convention.

If the music is in this world, or in your perception of things, then how can it be from another world or even sound like it's from an other world, aren't all things we experience from the world we live in, however peculiar?

If the music is in this world, or in your perception of things, then how can it be from another world or even sound like it's from an other world, aren't all things we experience from the world we live in, however peculiar?

It's a metaphor. Sci-fi film directors perhaps can't imagine alien, otherworldly or future music, but psychedelic composers do that commonly with ease.

It has to do with many things, but most of all with musical keys, that convey specific feelings and states of consciousness.

Although I'm interested in things like string theory, here I rather meant the relative otherworldliness or alienness that people of different cultures or personalities may feel to each other. As an embodiment of weirdness myself I live for the pleasant strangeness.

The point is, that the new CBL album is less fascinating and complex, and more warm and fuzzy than some of us expected.

The point is, that the new CBL album is less fascinating and complex, and more warm and fuzzy than some of us expected.

Don't expect. If you don't like something, then don't listen to it. I like the new direction, it was time for something a bit different :)