Goa Gil talks about trance-dancing

Toxic Amygdala

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very juvenile display I must say.

You're talking about one of the pioneers who DJ'd in Goa back in the day when the Goa as is widely known didn't even exist,

but was music made from all kinds of sounds taken from different generes and pieces of tape cut and taped back together into something different and DJ'd at parties...it was years later

that the artists you mention ended up getting influenced by that and the vibe at those parties to make it sound what it ended up being known as "Goa Trance".

To say "he just eat shit" and is a "traitor of Goa" is very disrespectful and shows how clueless and immature you are.

PS If anything is shit and waste of my time and money, it is the Goatronika comp you compiled.

Talk about an utter rubbish of a wannabe CD that bring zero innovation to the table, yet somehow gets hyped all over the net.

Yep maybe he is a DJ (but i heard what is he from some of first artists) but i dont want respect him and he goes off with his brain.

Just one good track he made and its The Amma.

I have not pushed you to give buy my CD and if you can make better do it. I done my best.

Where do you get this crap? GG fans are not "junkies".

See those Mexican and Indian dark labels; funs and artists of them. They all are crazy for Goa Gil and they thinks he is some goddness :rolleyes:

To much hatred, killing and pain in their music IMO

See those Mexican and Indian dark labels; funs and artists of them. They all are crazy for Goa Gil and they thinks he is some goddness :rolleyes:

To much hatred, killing and pain in their music IMO

Russians love him as well. He is almost resident in Moscow.

His speech is pretty positive and samples from it can be used in goa trance tracks :)) I have strong feeling it was used already.

Funny talk... and yeah a pretty positive one (@imba about the hatred, you are spreading quite a bit in this thread already not goa gil or dark psy :P)!

And I don't hear any (controversial guru stuff) in their, basically it's just about global unity of the trance experience, which I believe to have experienced as well (well just try to psy-parties "all around" the world and it's easy to feel the connection), and he talk about music as a way for seemingly different cultures to interact, which is a notion I could join as well...

You're talking about one of the pioneers who DJ'd in Goa back in the day when the Goa as is widely known didn't even exist,

but was music made from all kinds of sounds taken from different generes and pieces of tape cut and taped back together into something different and DJ'd at parties...it was years later

that the artists you mention ended up getting influenced by that and the vibe at those parties to make it sound what it ended up being known as "Goa Trance".

To say "he just eat shit" and is a "traitor of Goa" is very disrespectful and shows how clueless and immature you are.

PS If anything is shit and waste of my time and money, it is the Goatronika comp you compiled.

Talk about an utter rubbish of a wannabe CD that bring zero innovation to the table, yet somehow gets hyped all over the net.

+1

Your journey, your last hope, it can begin

These passing dreams were real, not fantasy

There are more things than we know

Come take my hand

Searching for the talisman you'll find it

On another plane far from all time

Maybe you wonder while you see the same faces everywhere

You can find yourself in it

'cause you're a part

I'm another 

Strange my feelings

Where I am here

For a short time

I remember I had been here

:) The lyrics are by Blind Guardian, power metal band from Germany ;) Sometimes it's better to introduce off-topic than to speak pointless stuff  :ph34r:

To be honest if you ask me: where's psychedelia nowadays? I would say 100% sure, it's on dark.

Worth raiding Wildthings Records and Parvati Records catalog, might change your mind. Bom Shanka perhaps too.

Wait, is this draeke or something?

what was that supposed to mean exactly ?

If anything I suppose I am entitled not to like darkpsy am I? I save some stuff out of darkpsy such as the old xenomorph stuff, magus, toi doi, parasense-paranoic sensations, xp voodoo, some ocelot and most of dark forest psy. I just don't like russian metallic garbage sounding darkpsy (russian is just the place they produce most of it i think).

About Gil interview, I listened to it and i don't think the message he spreads is wrong, i just wish he would do it with suntrip records music and the similar. I think the impact or the vibe generated at these parties would be much better. i wonder if we should send him some promotional stuff so that he would be able to hear the difference with the dark music he plays. he must remember how it was back in the 90s. But some points he touched are true like when he says that the global knowledge has incredibly mutated, evolved if you wish and with so many forums and websites people are surely more aware of what is out there and also what was out back then. And another thing he siad is true, we are all the same everywhere in the world. We want to have a good time at the parties and have a good life generally.

Great post visine. Personaly, i don't listen nowdays darkpsy or Goa Gils outputs but when someone say that he's traitor of goa(trance) and eats shit, thats very rude and immature, especially when we're talking about someone who was involved in procreation of EBM and goa trance scene (in India & in Europe). No offense Imba, but you were 1 year old when one Goa Gil and other great guys and musicians (Raja Ram, Union Jack guys and so on...) played first goa trance tunes - here is a video just for you ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqK-m7ocK2E

So, don't be rude and arrogant ;)

Hi,

I love the hypocrisy and contradiction.

Regards,

Great post visine. Personaly, i don't listen nowdays darkpsy or Goa Gils outputs but when someone say that he's traitor of goa(trance) and eats shit, thats very rude and immature, especially when we're talking about someone who was involved in procreation of EBM and goa trance scene (in India & in Europe). No offense Imba, but you were 1 year old when one Goa Gil and other great guys and musicians (Raja Ram, Union Jack guys and so on...) played first goa trance tunes - here is a video just for you ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqK-m7ocK2E

So, don't be rude and arrogant ;)

Maybe i mistake somewhere and yeah im still kid, 18 years old but i can say my opinon, cant i?

I was thought this is democracy...

visine told before how my CD is rubbish, so what now? I need to insult him? No way ;)

Hi,

I love the hypocrisy and contradiction.

Regards,

You of course failed to notice that the comment was directed at the music and the CD itself and not telling the person who compiled to "eat shit"...rather big difference in my opinion.

You of course failed to notice that the comment was directed at the music and the CD itself and not telling the person who compiled to "eat shit"...rather big difference in my opinion.

It makes no difference. It was still a very "immature" and "disrespectful" comment by you. And whatever you try to say, the last paragraph was an attack on a personal level, no matter how much you say it wasn't. If Imba hadn't compiled it, it had never been brought up. See? You also insulted the artists who participated on the compilation and that's nice and all. So clearly, you aren't the mature one here.

Imba, if you said that IM or Israeli full-on is shit, everybody would be supporting you now. Why? Because no one needs somebody else's opinion to realise that.

But saying that GG is shit is controversial - the guy DJed Goa to the world, then fullon (when it was good) and now dark. He is a nice man, he's respected by

al these vertents and who said he can't return to playing Goa again? IMO he's just waiting this neogoa stuff to mature a little more to start DJing it again.

And he's free to do so - to "abandon" dark and return to Goa.

Opinioning like you did, rudely, and at the same time releasing compilations like Goatronika (with a lot of tracks with titles suggesting peace and love)

is half way into oblivion...

Imba, if you said that IM or Israeli full-on is shit, everybody would be supporting you now. Why? Because no one needs somebody else's opinion to realise that.

But saying that GG is shit is controversial - the guy DJed Goa to the world, then fullon (when it was good) and now dark. He is a nice man, he's respected by

al these vertents and who said he can't return to playing Goa again? IMO he's just waiting this neogoa stuff to mature a little more to start DJing it again.

And he's free to do so - to "abandon" dark and return to Goa.

Opinioning like you did, rudely, and at the same time releasing compilations like Goatronika (with a lot of tracks with titles suggesting peace and love)

is half way into oblivion...

Goatronika and it's 'messages' don't relate to Imba's own opinions and views of the world in any way. I don't understand why you keep bringing up this compilation as it's not relevant here.

Some thinks about Goa Gil you should know about:

1) He's a pioneer and one of the godfathers of Goa. Before everyone Goa Gil was already in Goa (hence the name) and he was in the birth of the genre since day one.

2) Goa Gil was always about power and aggressive beats. If you don't believe me check out his older mixes. Forest Of The Saints contains some of the darker and intense tracks of the era (1998). Gil always prefered the hard dark-ish Goa from the mellow ones which leads to...

3) It's not a suprise for everyone who followed Gil over the years that he ended up to darkpsy. Gil didn't wake up one day and said that he will play darkpsy. He began with goa, moved to darker stuff like Talamasca, then to early dark psytrance like Neuromotor and Parasense and slowly to pure darkpsy stuff. If you don't believe me then check his old charts in his page.

Gil didn't abandon Goa, he slowly moved to another genre. What's wrong with that?

4) Darkpsy artists and listeners treat him like a God (do they really?) in the same way Goa artists treat Simon and AP like Gods too. Gil was there when darkpsy first emerged, so yes he's a grandfather of darkpsy as well and get respect for that.

5) He's an excellent producer as well and here's why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXeL2gwqGU

Thats track is copy of Kindzadza style.

However, i dont like him really. And one day, when he start mixing neo goa i will love to sets and will tell you my opinion after.

Trust me i really love dark psy: Cosmo, Kindzadza, Psykovsky, Akes, Jesus Raves, Highko, Zolod (RIP) and others but just dont like Gil. And yes The Nommos have good tracks but dont like them a lot.

Here is one my dark psy track on 175 BPM: Imba vs Zombie Scream - Freaks on Acid :unsure:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bswhif

From the start of 2009 is the track, i just wanted to try dark but not big success.

Im junkie :lol:

Darkpsy artists and listeners treat him like a God (do they really?) in the same way Goa artists treat Simon and AP like Gods too.

You mean people treat these artists like gods? I know I dont treat them as gods and never would! See this is the essence why this scene has gone wrong (IMO). No one treated anyone as gods in the good old days. It was not about the people behind the music but the music itself.

By the way Gil did play quite melodic goa-trance for quite a while back in the days. I have many of his tapes he gave to me in London and they are far from being dark. On another note the guy got no Dj skill at all - One train wreck mix after another killing the flow and making it impossible to get into a state of trance ;)

Before some time, I have heard that Gil isnt good DJ and less producer from few respected artists who know him.

I dont know that because i never been on his party, but i dont think that they lie...

Your journey, your last hope, it can begin

These passing dreams were real, not fantasy

There are more things than we know

Come take my hand

Searching for the talisman you'll find it

On another plane far from all time

Maybe you wonder while you see the same faces everywhere

You can find yourself in it

'cause you're a part

I'm another 

Strange my feelings

Where I am here

For a short time

I remember I had been here

:) The lyrics are by Blind Guardian, power metal band from Germany ;) Sometimes it's better to introduce off-topic than to speak pointless stuff  :ph34r:

AWESOME!! :)

Goatronika and it's 'messages' don't relate to Imba's own opinions and views of the world in any way. I don't understand why you keep bringing up this compilation as it's not relevant here.

Have you thought that perhaps for other people it indeed is? In ways unknown to you? So stop behaving with superiority.

When I mention oblivion, it's Imba career - remember that Jean Borelli, of Orion fame, destroyed his good reputation, and bookings, with rude remarks some years ago.

As for GG being a disaster when mixing, it's quite funny: he can't beatmatch and his transitions are quite a wreck. ANYWAY, there are a lot of people - like me - who loves

his style. He is one of the last that gives a human touch to mixing. Perfection sometimes is boring, and honestly I think that GG doesn't want to improve his skills.

AND there's the fact the he is one of the most booked artists in the psy scene, a clear signal that he means a good party.

However, I think that GG style of dark is getting tiresome. He's been playing dark for almost 10 years now, and his 150+ bpm selection is not so attractive anymore.

IMO, he will change soon. My bet is that he will return to Goa. Or to techno - which, currently, is more psychedelic than trance itself.