Goa Gil talks about trance-dancing

Toxic Amygdala

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goa Gil 'abandoned' Goa for darkpsy.

Most psynewers* love Goa, but hate darkpsy so...

Like with everything else in life, there's darkpsy and darkpsy.

At first I really didn't like it, but it matured after sometime and now there are some real fantastic tracks around.

I learnt to love Elecrypnose, Ocelot, Mubali. To be honest if you ask me: where's psychedelia nowadays? I would

say 100% sure, it's on dark.

But again, there's this 170 bpms lunatic stuff people call dark. And there's Mubali real hypnotic 147 bpms that

are a lesson on hypnose.

So, please speak for yourself, not for the rest of us.

Goa gil moved from spirituality to flat out acid trips. :/

And as far as darkpsy goes, there is undoubtedly good stuff in the dark sector too, but most of it is like full-on - cookie cutter crap. And personally, it gets far too fast repetitive and annoying to my ears.

We need more darkpsy like Crazy Astronaut. At least I think this is a form of darkpsy.

But yeah, the fact is, psynews is a safe heaven for those who enjoy, mostly, Goa. (Thank god, I rather not join isra.)

Goa gil moved from spirituality to flat out acid trips. :/

And as far as darkpsy goes, there is undoubtedly good stuff in the dark sector too, but most of it is like full-on - cookie cutter crap. And personally, it gets far too fast repetitive and annoying to my ears.

We need more darkpsy like Crazy Astronaut. At least I think this is a form of darkpsy.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_wOhofTIE

But yeah, the fact is, psynews is a safe heaven for those who enjoy, mostly, Goa. (Thank god, I rather not join isra.)

Darkpsy seems to be pretty well respected here.

It's not a safe haven if you like full on however.

Besides, it's usually several of the oldschool lovers who like darkpsy as well... it's not like there aren't plenty of goa topics.

As i said in some topic before, he just eat shit and he is also traitor of Goa. Some people things he made Goa hahaha thats bullshit... Goa is made by great artists such as Harel Prusky, Avi Nissim, Lior Perlmutter, Martin Freeland, Simon Posford, Raja Ram, Graham Wood, Martin Glover, Stephane Holweck, Nick Taylor, Edi Mis, Tsuyoshi Suzuki, Nicholas Barber, Masayuki Kurihara, Ray Castle, Takeichirou Kurosaki, Frank Madsen, Tristan Cooke and other old boys.

No Goa Gil and other sadhus lol

Well there's lots of good stuff on his list (lots of ok stuff or stuff I can't quite get into as well though).

And Kali Yuga was a fucking excellent mix.

Also lol @ him being like psytrance parties improve work productivity. What a good way to justify them. That's a bit different to the traditional hippy message.

Who?

Well it shouldn´t be to hard to figure out, look at the title of the thread ;)

As i said in some topic before, he just eat shit and he is also traitor of Goa. Some people things he made Goa hahaha thats bullshit... Goa is made by great artists such as Harel Prusky, Avi Nissim, Lior Perlmutter, Martin Freeland, Simon Posford, Raja Ram, Graham Wood, Martin Glover, Stephane Holweck, Nick Taylor, Edi Mis, Tsuyoshi Suzuki, Nicholas Barber, Masayuki Kurihara, Ray Castle, Takeichirou Kurosaki, Frank Madsen, Tristan Cooke and other old boys.

No Goa Gil and other sadhus lol

Even if he's not a pioneer of Goa (which of course is) why is he a traitor? Because he doesn't play Goa anymore?

Gil is famous for his marathon sets, sometimes even for 9 hours straight. Now tell me, back in 2000-2003 was there any goa to play at his long sets? (besides the old tracks of course).

He didn't abandon Goa. Goa artists abandon Goa first. Gil is just a dj. (Yes he has produced many tracks, but most of them were in the industrial area with Kode IV. With The Nommos he has produced 2-3 tracks iirc, before they become a darkpsy project. And a superb one I might say).

As i said in some topic before, he just eat shit and he is also traitor of Goa.

Very juvenile display I must say.

You're talking about one of the pioneers who DJ'd in Goa back in the day when the Goa as is widely known didn't even exist,

but was music made from all kinds of sounds taken from different generes and pieces of tape cut and taped back together into something different and DJ'd at parties...it was years later

that the artists you mention ended up getting influenced by that and the vibe at those parties to make it sound what it ended up being known as "Goa Trance".

To say "he just eat shit" and is a "traitor of Goa" is very disrespectful and shows how clueless and immature you are.

PS If anything is shit and waste of my time and money, it is the Goatronika comp you compiled.

Talk about an utter rubbish of a wannabe CD that bring zero innovation to the table, yet somehow gets hyped all over the net.

Even if he's not a pioneer of Goa (which of course is) why is he a traitor? Because he doesn't play Goa anymore?

Gil is famous for his marathon sets, sometimes even for 9 hours straight. Now tell me, back in 2000-2003 was there any goa to play at his long sets? (besides the old tracks of course).

He didn't abandon Goa. Goa artists abandon Goa first. Gil is just a dj. (Yes he has produced many tracks, but most of them were in the industrial area with Kode IV. With The Nommos he has produced 2-3 tracks iirc, before they become a darkpsy project. And a superb one I might say).

Very valid points Ormion, but don't expect the guy who says "Thats your opinion...I really like dark psy but dont like him.

Why all dark freaks love him? Because they are all junkies" to understand what you're trying to communicate.

Very juvenile display I must say.

You're talking about one of the pioneers who DJ'd in Goa back in the day when the Goa as is widely known didn't even exist,

but was music made from all kinds of sounds taken from different generes and pieces of tape cut and taped back together into something different and DJ'd at parties...it was years later

that the artists you mention ended up getting influenced by that and the vibe at those parties to make it sound what it ended up being known as "Goa Trance".

To say "he just eat shit" and is a "traitor of Goa" is very disrespectful and shows how clueless and immature you are.

PS If anything is shit and waste of my time and money, it is the Goatronika comp you compiled.

Talk about an utter rubbish of a wannabe CD that bring zero innovation to the table, yet somehow gets hyped all over the net.

Well put. Except for that Goatronika part, because the compilation is quite good. Nothing groundbreaking of course, but good.