storing projects

just wondering how you go about storing songs that you have finished. i want to be able to store the entire project in one folder to be accessed later if i decide i want to make any changes to it. is there any easy way in cubase 5 that you can combine all the samples used in the song into one folder? i have a sound bank on my computer of samples, drums & other things that i have built up over the years that i use often that im always changing so i want to be able to store everything that is associated with that song in one folder for storage.

prepare archive should do the trick. But it might be wise to try it out first with a file you have created to check if it works. I have had problems several times with this. You end up having a project with no files attached. and for some reason they also can't be found on the hard drive anymore. Kinda sucks. Even if it is an old project.

Also bouncing some sounds if you use vsts might be a good option. This way you are building your own sample bank and you it is easier to recreate the track than with vsts.

prepare archive should do the trick. But it might be wise to try it out first with a file you have created to check if it works. I have had problems several times with this. You end up having a project with no files attached. and for some reason they also can't be found on the hard drive anymore. Kinda sucks. Even if it is an old project.

Also bouncing some sounds if you use vsts might be a good option. This way you are building your own sample bank and you it is easier to recreate the track than with vsts.

Just to add to this. Make sure you backup your projects on several hard drives. The second backup is the only real backup ;-)