Nice Goa Trance Documentary(Total Eclipse live) etc

HolyLight

I take no credit what so ever for this as I found it on isratrance forum, but I post it here since I think it was really interesting, features Total Eclipse live with TB-303 and Astral Projection in their old studio, lots of nice synthesizers B):D I had never seen this documentary before so I am really happy. It does however only have French subtitles, and sometimes they speak in Hebrew, French and Japanese.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8lgu7_psychedelic-transe-3-5_music

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8lh4k_psychedelic-transe-4-5_music

Enjoy!

Silver box, DAT, and they are so young!! :lol: Nice vids.

If somebody can translate it from French, it will be great!

But music and body language don't need translation, so I enjoyed it anyway.

Yeah it would be really nice if someone could translate the subtitles. Anyone who knows what the title is of the documentary? And in what year it was filmed? I like when they are in Simon Posfords old studio, lots of nice tracks created there. :)

Hello

This was broadcasted in 1996 or 97 on the Arte channel in France and Germany.

I had recorded it at my parents place on a VHS tape, and I still have it now. Since I have no VCR myself, I had promised to give it to Manu Psysurfeur so he could put the complete footage on his website after Arte's agreement, but I forgot...

That's nice it's ended up somewhere now anyway.

I can translate from French but it will take some time as I remember the documentary is pretty long.

Hello

This was broadcasted in 1996 or 97 on the Arte channel in France and Germany.

I had recorded it at my parents place on a VHS tape, and I still have it now. Since I have no VCR myself, I had promised to give it to Manu Psysurfeur so he could put the complete footage on his website after Arte's agreement, but I forgot...

That's nice it's ended up somewhere now anyway.

I can translate from French but it will take some time as I remember the documentary is pretty long.

Thanks for the information! It would be nice if the VHS recording could be uploaded to Psysurfeur with the agreement of Arte, because the quality isn´t very good on this web rip. And this web rip might be taken down soon, like a lot of other videos that dissapear from youtube etc. I dont know how good or bad the quality of the VHS recording you have is, but hopefully it´s better then this one. And with English subtitles it would be amazing. I know it would probably involve a lot of time consuming work to add English subtitles, so It´s probably not realistic for me to assume that it will happen anytime soon, but hey one can always hope for the best. B)

@ Open Mind thanks for the link I haven´t seen this one yet, I will check it out today.

It seems same interview with Possford and Raja was in my favorite "Liquid Crystal Vision" movie.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6365996398406388722#

I stopped watching the minute they interrupted a party with a Gong to sit down and whatever it was they were doing. Too much hippie slash cult, new age for my taste. Who in their right minds would stop a party to meditate? :)

And I would not get anything out of the rest as it's in French and Hebrew.

I stopped watching the minute they interrupted a party with a Gong to sit down and whatever it was they were doing. Too much hippie slash cult, new age for my taste. Who in their right minds would stop a party to meditate? :)

And I would not get anything out of the rest as it's in French and Hebrew.

I agree I am not into mumbo jumbo new age stuff my self, but the documentary Isn´t just about that aspect of the culture. Give it a chance it does contain some interesting parts as well, atleast for me. BTW they do speak English in some parts. One has to take it for what it is, an old documentary I mean it isn´t comparable in quality to some of the stuff on National Geographic Channel or Discovery Channel, but it still does manage to capture a bit of the vibe of the 90´s.

They even interview Ikutaro Kakehashi from Roland Corporation in Japan, who is the founder of Roland Corporation and at the time was president/chairman of the company. And they also visit the synthesizer research and development and assembly section of Roland. It´s really a shame it doesn´t have English subtitles, because I would really like to know what they are saying in Japanese, during the Roland Corporation visit. What I think is good is that they show a bit from the UK, French and Israeli scene. They pretty much got the most important names of that era to participate and speak about this for the time during which the documentary was filmed, relatively new cultural phenomena.

here are the links to the part 1 &2

the beginning of the documentary is so funny: a naked guy standing on his head and a cow waching.... :P nicely absurd

par 1

part 2

Lulz :lol:

Awesome vids! I gotta have some tracks ID'ed :D

2.30 @ vid 3: Total Eclipse track I've never heard before?

5.00 @ vid 3: Prana track?

3.00 @ vid 5 too!

And 10.00 @ the "Liquid Crystal Vision" docu!

Help would be greatly appreciated :P

Come on! what does so much people have agianst the spirituality in goa scene??

Are you saying these things like meditating doesn't have any effect or do you thinks this effect is not worth it or are you protesting against the link between spirituality and goa trance?

Well I think this music is fundamentally psychedellic and there is a link between psychedelic things and spirituality right? I think listening seriuosly to music is a form of spirituality= exercise of the mind

So fuck yeah I would like modern goa scene to be more spiritual! What can you possibly have agianst that???

I would like it if there was a meditation pauze in the partys these days (and I am a verry down to earth guy :) )

as long as that spirituality doesn't become mysticism or religious offcourse

Come on! what does so much people have agianst the spirituality in goa scene??

Are you saying these things like meditating doesn't have any effect or do you thinks this effect is not worth it or are you protesting against the link between spirituality and goa trance?

Well I think this music is fundamentally psychedellic and there is a link between psychedelic things and spirituality right? I think listening seriuosly to music is a form of spirituality= exercise of the mind

So fuck yeah I would like modern goa scene to be more spiritual! What can you possibly have agianst that???

I would like it if there was a meditation pauze in the partys these days (and I am a verry down to earth guy :) )

as long as that spirituality doesn't become mysticism or religious offcourse

Please enlighten me what it has to do with the term "trance" (to obtain a state of trance via repetitive drumming or music) to sit down, cut the music and meditate?

I have no problem with people thinking trance music is equal to religion, spirituality etc. I am not one of those who connect the music with these believes so I have my own personal opinion about this subject just as you have yours ;)

Now if these people want to meditate or pray or whatever it is they are doing then go for it. I just don't believe in the concept and especially not at a party. If I was a paying visitor I would ask my money to be returned and leave the party, which in my opinion got absolutely nothing to do with the concept when it comes to the musical side of the term "trance". I go to parties to dance not to meditate or pray.

I believe in people's right to religious views or spiritual views as long as they keep it on a personal level and do not force it down my throat at parties etc.

Of course this is my personal opinion which I hope you respect just as I respect your opinion even though I do not agree with you at all :)

NB! By the way I am an atheist so I don't like any kind of religion connected to parties or festivals. Those who advocate that the parties and festivals should be more spiritual have to respect (or make your own parties with equal minded people) that the majority going to parties these days does not go to connect with Shiva, Buddha etc. But go for the music, the atmosphere, the experience and a good laugh with friends (and other more illegal activities).

Please enlighten me what it has to do with the term "trance" (to obtain a state of trance via repetitive drumming or music) to sit down, cut the music and meditate?

I have no problem with people thinking trance music is equal to religion, spirituality etc. I am not one of those who connect the music with these believes so I have my own personal opinion about this subject just as you have yours ;)

Now if these people want to meditate or pray or whatever it is they are doing then go for it. I just don't believe in the concept and especially not at a party. If I was a paying visitor I would ask my money to be returned and leave the party, which in my opinion got absolutely nothing to do with the concept when it comes to the musical side of the term "trance". I go to parties to dance not to meditate or pray.

I believe in people's right to religious views or spiritual views as long as they keep it on a personal level and do not force it down my throat at parties etc.

Of course this is my personal opinion which I hope you respect just as I respect your opinion even though I do not agree with you at all :)

NB! By the way I am an atheist so I don't like any kind of religion connected to parties or festivals. Those who advocate that the parties and festivals should be more spiritual have to respect (or make your own parties with equal minded people) that the majority going to parties these days does not go to connect with Shiva, Buddha etc. But go for the music, the atmosphere, the experience and a good laugh with friends (and other more illegal activities).

well I just think to many people see spirituality as a part of religion ...

Pure spirituality without any sort of knowledge claims like "my red chakra is here" and crap like that"... Thats what i am talking about :)

and I don't understand what people have against that...

offcourse I should't be forced uppon people But I would like it if there were partys like that ...

I just don't understand those people who hate things like meditation because they think its praying or something...

I am an atheist too or maybe an agnost...and in the what I study I am almost "trained" to destinquish the reasonable stuff from the non-sense and meditation seems to be a veeeerrry reasonable to do :)!

but this is all verry off-toppic sorry

ah and a trance experience is in my eyes verry spiritual!

well I just think to many people see spirituality as a part of religion ...

Pure spirituality without any sort of knowledge claims like "my red chakra is here" and crap like that"... Thats what i am talking about :)

and I don't understand what people have against that...

Indeed meditation and trance-dance state is pretty close. So it's fast way for good mediation to do it after long tribal dance. Your body is easy to relax after dance, and non-thinking mind state is easy to achieve. It is reasonable to write about that on posters, so people like Elysium can read it and just don't go to this specific new-age-spiritual-blablabla-party.

P.S.

eudaimonia you can start your own thread about that, if you don't like to be offtopic )))

I remember the tracklisting is in the closing credits. When someone (being me or someone else) manages to put the complete thing online, it will be there.

I remember the tracklisting is in the closing credits. When someone (being me or someone else) manages to put the complete thing online, it will be there.

Lol, it's actually there in part 5/5 sorry :lol:

Edit: found out the 1st track I was looking for was Total Eclipse - Chaotic Circus but the version I have sounds totally different o_O

2nd track Art of Trance - Octopus (Capricorn Remix), very nice :) didn't know that one

3rd track is still unknown to me... around 3.00 at the last part, please help !! it sounds so epic :)

• 1 month later...

FYI I contacted the production studio where this documentary came from.

http://www.phares-balises.fr

I proposed them to settle an agreement whereby our community would benefit from this documentary in a decent quality. I assume they don't make much money anymore out of this work's broadcastings.

I also proposed to meet the original authors to explain my point.