The Vox appreciation topic!

Agneton

Some years ago, when his album was released on Metapsychic Records, he got loads of great replies and lenghty reviews on that. The moment I heard his tunes I knew this was the kind of Goa I had been looking for: sweet melodies & tight rhythms, without loosing itself in an overdose of layers or unnessecary complexity. Two of my favorite tracks back then were Mayana and Over The Clouds. I also booked him once on a party in Belgium, and he's a very down-to-earth fellow. I wonder why no oldschool labels out there considered releasing a real full-lenght CD of him, because he has the skills. Lately he seems to slip away into oblivion :( . However, he released a new track on Goatronika, and I'm also happy to have a Nitzhogoaish tune of him on my own upcoming CD...

What are your thoughts? B)

Beh, this topic is a decade late...

Too bad you're not from Zagreb, too many fond memories and great sets to write down, and reminisce about :)

One thing I do know though, is that Vox for one doesn't need nitzo tunes to gain recognition or respect.

I don't think slipping into oblivion is a wise choice of words though... After approximately a full 15 years of wrecking parties nation wide, and cementing his reputation as a DJ who has been around Croatia's psy trance scene since its thumb sucking days, I reckon it will be quite some time before his legacy wears out :)

From what I know, he never cashed in on his talent or skill, but if you ask anybody who has been around these parts for some time, they will all tell you the same thing - as far as old school goa/psy trance parties go, Vox is a 100% proof legend!

Odds are, a vast majority of parties from back in the day which "mean something" today, Vox was there spinning records like there was no tomorrow B)

One thing I do know though, is that Vox for one doesn't need nitzo tunes to gain recognition or respect.

I don't think slipping into oblivion is a wise choice of words though... After approximately a full 15 years of wrecking parties nation wide, and cementing his reputation as a DJ who has been around Croatia's psy trance scene since its thumb sucking days, I reckon it will be quite some time before his legacy wears out :)

Oh no, the nitz allusion only counts for the track he did for us, he was just curious to try out something else. I can't name one track from him I don't like at all, his Goa stuff, his downtempo stuff, it rocks.

I am only partially aware of his reputation as a DJ, but I think I saw an old flyer on your discogs profile where he was booked as a DJ on some kind of hardcore/jungle/etc party (could be wrong and too lazy to check)...seems indeed like he has a longer history, with his album being one of his more recent achievments.

Anyhow, I'd like to hear some new music from his side...and I wonder why no oldschool label contacted him already :(

I was mesmerized the first time I heard VOX, and I must confess I had to sweat hard to get two of his tracks out that lenghty mix he released on Ektoplasm.

But it was worth: his tracks are brilliant, energetic, hard-driving.

Vox! Come on man! more more more ;) ;) ;)

What are your thoughts? B)

Yeah! :D

Vox is a really great musician. I love his music. So powerful and a lot of nice and memorable(!) melodies. :)

And i dont know. for me "inner polarity" is the best track... the last two minutes, if the melody comes back after the short break... dancing with tears in my eyes.. haha :D

Innerpolarity is an epic album for me. Over The Clouds and Mayana are great tunes and always bring back some good old memories. Eh one funny gossip (not so sure about reliability of information), but Vox (TOMISLAV Crnčić) and Liquid Flow (TOMISLAV Savić) are neighbors (in Zagreb) and both live in same building :ph34r:

Innerpolarity is an epic album for me. Over The Clouds and Mayana are great tunes and always bring back some good old memories. Eh one funny gossip (not so sure about reliability of information), but Vox (TOMISLAV Crnčić) and Liquid Flow (TOMISLAV Savić) are neighbors (in Zagreb) and both live in same building :ph34r:

Their neighbors must be lucky then. They get to hear the previews of their artwork first :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Vox blew me away this Saturday on Kagdila's beachparty in Belgium! Marvelous music... Surprise of the day for sure! :lol: I never listened to Vox before actually. (Except for his track on Golden Vibes II) I downloaded Innerpolarity right away when I came home!

& he's a nice fellow too. :)

I heard Innerpolarity when it came out and I liked it, but last Saturday I heard him live for the first time and he was cheesy IMO... Innerpolarity has some nithzo-elements, but it wasn't really over the top. I can dig nithzo, but this was just repetitive and 'typical'.