Elysium Live versions - Best rated on Ektoplazm

Elysium

Hope that translates into an extra gig or some financial gain...not that it was your intention..but it would be nice.

Think about it 8800 downloads...if that's say 5000 unique people and each donated $1....it could make a difference..

Hope that translates into an extra gig or some financial gain...not that it was your intention..but it would be nice.

Think about it 8800 downloads...if that's say 5000 unique people and each donated $1....it could make a difference..

Actually it's 8800 unique downloads + the aprox. 6500 downloads I had from my own website.

Of course people can donate if they like (none have at this moment) but my intention was just to share the music. I had hoped it would gain a few bookings but I've only had two offers and one already got canceled. I contacted all festivals and 250+ organizers and I am amazed that not even one has reacted except for bombardments of their weekly event mails (spam).

At this point I am not sure if giving away music for free genereate any gigs. I have to see it before I believe it.

Good job... hope you don't jinx yourself by posting this here ;) Personally I think it's a great set of tracks and will be slipping them into some sets this summer.

About gigs and donations... it's been something I've been working on constantly with some successes and some failures. Ekoplex is a great example of an act that has done very well from posting free music but there are others where the response has been tremendous but no gigs have been forthcoming. Part of this is no doubt the non-standard sound of some of the artists promoted via Ektoplazm... I've really been pushing the idea that free music = no creative boundaries but of course this doesn't lead into bookability as much as we would like. As for donations, I personally pay about $300 out of my retirement savings every month to keep the site going and sold off my entire record collection to raise funds. Donations are variable but some months don't exceed about 10 euros. Not promising, no, but I am not of a mind to say "people suck" but rather "we must try something different." I plan to spend part of this summer redesigning the site and sorting this puzzle out. In the meantime I try not to inflate anyone's expectations; free music is great for exposure but translating that into bookings is often very tricky. It's a work in progress :)

@ visine

Here's the link to paypal. All donations are of course welcome but people enjoying my music is worth much more to me :)

Paypal

@ Basilisk

I am sure I jinx myself but hey I'm used to it and believe in being honest rather than licking people where the sun never shines :)

My intention with giving away my music was never to get tons of gigs or any other speculative purpose. I just wanted to share my music with the world and believe it's worth a 1000 times more to spread the music than to limit it. But of course I also want to play at gigs as this is where you have a real connection with those who like your music. Nothing beat playing your music "live". And I'm a musician before anything else so it's my passion and in my blood to perform.

Where my "chain" jumps off is the lack of interest from the organizers who seem totally uninterested in anything remotely different than the usual artists they book year after year on every event out there (I am sure if I released Elysium on some high profile label i would get more bookings - not because of my name but because I was released by label X). I can live with it. I don't need to earn money from my music anymore but of course it piss me off to having organizer after organizer ignoring me where after they bombard me with spam.

I also do not understand how some organizers who do contact me think I will travel a long way, stay for days and get paid Euro 100-150 to play Elysium live. No it's not about the money but hey I'm not an idiot too. I work a full time job every day and if I have to take time off my day job to travel somewhere staying 2-4 days I believe it's worth a little more than 100-150 Euro to experience Elysium live not to mention the time and effort I put into it. And I really see red when I then discover the other artists booked there get Euro 1000-2000. Then I feel taken advantage of.

But this has become a rant. All I wanted to say it that I rather give away all my music for free even if I dont see any money from it. At the end of the day making other people happy is worth so much more!

Weird it worked when i checked it. I have edited the link and it should work now. If not you can go to www.elysiumworld.dk and on the right side there' a working link.

The link still doesn't seem to work, but there's a "donate" button on www.elysiumworld.dk that should be OK.

OK people, there's no excuse now, please donate something to the guy who was generous enough to share pretty much his entire discography for free :)

No donation is too big or too small, do what you can.

Let the guy have a beer in exchange for all the hard work and creative energy he has so generously shared and still plans to share in future :)

Great tracks Elysium. And if you don't mind my opinioning, I think you went under for a long time. Most bookings for 2010 parties/festivals are based on what was released from 2007 on - that's business now, not passion as it used to be. I remember you used to release 2 or more tracks every 6 months back in 1990s. But then you just disappeared, and I must confess I was quite surprised to see you here when I first signed in.

Anyway, I hope to hear you live soon.

Indeed, great stuff. Just listened to it, and you've really put some work in it! Some tracks really sound epic, hope I can hear them at party some time.. ^^ I only think that the original of Trancelestial Psychobabas is slightly better, but that's just taste I guess. :) Thanks for sharing!

Hi Kris,

I will comment the music after I hear it but I am sure I will like it ;).

The point about bookings is that there are always friends of friends, personal favours and the alike but be sure of one thing, all the music you shared won't be for nothing. Maybe it needs some time to fully kick in and get people (read organizers) to seriously consider booking you. I am surprised if anything because you are not a newcomer and had been playing for many years (let alone release on many different labels back in the gold times) but anyway the point is that there will be some feedback sooner or later and the fact that a lot of people are enjoying your new music is a good start. So think positive and I am sure things will change.

If I hear about any organizer in Italy willing to have "new" artists I will surely reccomend them to ask you.

Regards and thanks for sharing!