45 members have voted

1. 1. You opinion about it

• Awesome
    • Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Below average
    • Bad

I was wondering what kind of sound we would have if we had Electrypnose and neogoa sounds entwined. Neogoa artists should learn something from his pure psychedelia. IMO, the best producer nowadays, he can cross the dark and goa boundaries pleasing both sides.

In some sense http://www.myspace.com/bithead1 fills this gap :))

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean Shadows Of The Moon ?

(For Shiva's sake Ormion, that has nothing to do with nitzo!)

Yes, yes Shadows Of The Moon, sorry.

Well it has very strong nitzo doses don't you think?

It's more like semi-nitzo as I called it.

After all REAL nitzo is a cheesier form of Goa.

Most of the stuff we use to call nitzo are nothing more than uplifting trance.

This is nitzo for me

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB4iAoDlEcw

and this is uplifting trance (insert vomit smiley)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv-WV48KiXc

Guest D N H

Most of the stuff we use to call nitzo are nothing more than uplifting trance.

Exactly this is more trance stuff but not nitzo (imo).

Witch is a nitzohogoa mix example indeed. The first album of Holymen is another, and good one.

And these are pure nitzo examples, trance fused with very uplifting and simple or middle eastern loud melodies.

and this is uplifting trance (insert vomit smiley)

i don't want to go offtopic here , but since you mentioned that , i would like to show you my latest production.

hope you like .

It's off-topic for sure, because it is old-school goa! :D You are in right direction. With this techno-like things, you must try higher BPM, it works really good. Just try it! ;)

Thanks for sharing.

i don't want to go offtopic here , but since you mentioned that , i would like to show you my latest production.

hope you like .

Amithaba, fantastic track. Its acid lines reminds me a lot of Adrenalin Drum old tracks, a master of acid-goa. IMO, this is your best track (I have been following you on youtube), you could take the claps effect out of the track (that's what makes it sound old-goa), add a melody and release it as neo acid-goa, it would be the first.

@Djuna: You probably know most of it, but again, I guess your taste matches Cronomi Records, Space Baby Records and maybe also a few other 'freelance'-artists such as Arronax, Innerself & Liquid Mind... I enjoy their music a lot, but since my childhood I've always been attracted by larger-than-life cheeze, so that's my main preference B)

*EDIT*

Ultiva Records also fits the list!

Though there are some decent artists you mentioned, it's strange that you don't hear the difference between them and Deviant Electronics for example... By the way, it doesn't have to be "dark". Green Nuns were quite melodic, yet they had that raw acid sound, with a lot of humour. Just got my hands on Rock Bitch Maffia, and damn, Klunk is such a sweet song! :D

Amithaba, fantastic track. Its acid lines reminds me a lot of Adrenalin Drum old tracks, a master of acid-goa. IMO, this is your best track (I have been following you on youtube), you could take the claps effect out of the track (that's what makes it sound old-goa), add a melody and release it as neo acid-goa, it would be the first.

thank you , i am really happy to have your support. it's not easy to do these traxx , specially because i am doing everything as a live recording , nothing is connected to a computer sequencer , so what you just heard it was all me playing and tweaking knobs in real time.

i also want to thank you guys for giving and sharing your opinions (ex. the claps) , i will work on it .

thanks for following me over youtube , i am still working around my style and music with all the gear , i don't want to do something that was already done , i want to find my OWN sound and that takes a lot of time to build up.

the experience continues..!! :)

It's off-topic for sure, because it is old-school goa! :D You are in right direction. With this techno-like things, you must try higher BPM, it works really good. Just try it! ;)

Thanks for sharing.

I am not sure if this was meant as a joke or not? But where does it says that Goa or New Goa or whatever you like to call it has to be fast? Sometimes I really think people of today's scene have no clue!

But where does it says that Goa or New Goa or whatever you like to call it has to be fast?

Nowhere, but fast Goa is always better than slow Goa. (And by fast I don't mean 160 bpm obviously).

Of course it's my opinion

but it's also true :P

I am not sure if this was meant as a joke or not? But where does it says that Goa or New Goa or whatever you like to call it has to be fast? Sometimes I really think people of today's scene have no clue!

np Elysium - Yemaya .... :D

i had voted very good ... but "newschool goa" stil has a lot of learning to gain oldschool level ( in modern ways :ph34r::P ) ... we have time and space to do this much more as oldschool masters had then but they had fresh ideas with new style of electronic music .... its fair at the end .... ;)

It wasn't joke. I think slow tempo give you more space for shaping sound and fx. But if you do simple acid/techno-like output, you can go faster without any problem. Just listen to Silvoon to understand my point of view.

just listen to this fast baby

The five things I don't like in New School Goa:

1. No stand out melodies.

Back then tracks could have one-two melodies, but they stuck in your head. Today tracks have 5-6 melodies that are easily forgettable.

2. Too much floatness. Where is the intensity? The crazy climaxes? The twists? I don't wannna guess a whole track just by listening the first 30 seconds. I don't wanna fall asleep, I want energy.

3. No dark Goa, no twisted Goa. It seems that everything today is about the sunshine or the positive energy. Back then was also about the obscure, the dreams, the night.

4. Too many oriental melodies. Goa doesn't necessarily means oriental melodies. Remember MWNN, Cydonia, Psychaos etc.

5. No evolution. When Pleiadians released FOL back in 1999 I thought that Goa made the big step into something new. The 'death' of the Goa scene obviously didn't help that evolution. New School Goa seems to start from day one (1995), when it could start from FOL and forth.

I still enjoy New School Goa very much. Filteria, Afgin, Agneton, Amithabha, Artifact 303, Subra, Alienapia, Khetzal etc. are really great producers and many new tracks beat the crap out of old school Goa, but like Basilisk said new school is here since 2004 so I believe it's time for the new step.

All IMO of course. :)

According to me simply Newschool Goa cannot take me to mind trip, but inspite of that I love its powerful, fast and curly melodic sequences.