Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Amithaba Buddha

Title: Psyramid EP

Label: Phototropic Records

Date: March, 2008

1. Psyramid

2. Mental Maze

So if it seems like I am reviewing a lot of goa trance these days you're right. I have a lot of stuff here and am trying to provide some info for people who might not know about certain projects. Also, when I find something I like, I compliment the artist by 1.) buying their music and 2.) writing a review. Now I don't recall if I bought this release (was it ever for sale?) or I downloaded it, but I thought I would share my views on it. This also allows me to describe how the music makes me feel. I've gone through a lot of Filipe Santos work and this is one of my favorite projects. The "Goa Gate" album was a high energy journey through goa that I adored. This is the EP that came out beforehand on the label he helped create. The cover is beautiful; an ancient pyramid radiating power from its tip amidst a body of water.

"Psyramid"- Bouncing bassline that is aggressive as ever. In no time a smooth melody descends from the heavens and then gives way to another, carrying me along on breezes of Jasmine and lilac. The break (short as always) allows enough time to take a quick look around before being thrust back into the dreamy superhighway. The colors are rich and sticky, clinging to me with transparent intent. Carried higher into the glaring sunlight, twisting and turning until I no longer know up from down. Damn you Filipe you have me writing like a stoned out hippie. Super work!

"Mental Maze"- Screw you and you need for an intro! Right into the mix with melody layered ontop of melody. All the while keeping the beat churning methodically underneath. The break is pretty limited as he really likes his kick. The leads during the short intermission are less interesting to me on their own, but when presented as a whole, they really work. This type of music keeps me dancing like nobody is watching. Another triumph!

So there you have it. This guy knows how to make goa trance that speaks to me. It's intensely melodic, it's relentless and it takes me to that place where I can close my eyes an drift away. I don't know if this is still available, but if it is...get it. You'll be in for a trippy experience.

Mdk

• Like 2

For the record , these 2 tunes were written in the early days of computer music on a 233mhz Pentium II and on FL 3.4 (if i recall) .

These two still remain as my favourites , specially psyramid , i don't know why , i guess because i gave a lot of me with what i had , a few Ram and Fruity Loops instruments which i couldn't use many of them since i was under a 233mhz Pentium.

Still it didn't stop me to write these 2. :)

Thanks for this review Trance2moveU.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

psyramid_ep_cover_small.jpg

Artist: Amithaba Buddha

Title: Psyramid EP

Label: Phototropic Records

Date: March, 2008

1. Psyramid

2. Mental Maze

So if it seems like I am reviewing a lot of goa trance these days you're right. I have a lot of stuff here and am trying to provide some info for people who might not know about certain projects. Also, when I find something I like, I compliment the artist by 1.) buying their music and 2.) writing a review. Now I don't recall if I bought this release (was it ever for sale?) or I downloaded it, but I thought I would share my views on it. This also allows me to describe how the music makes me feel. I've gone through a lot of Filipe Santos work and this is one of my favorite projects. The "Goa Gate" album was a high energy journey through goa that I adored. This is the EP that came out beforehand on the label he helped create. The cover is beautiful; an ancient pyramid radiating power from its tip amidst a body of water.

"Psyramid"- Bouncing bassline that is aggressive as ever. In no time a smooth melody descends from the heavens and then gives way to another, carrying me along on breezes of Jasmine and lilac. The break (short as always) allows enough time to take a quick look around before being thrust back into the dreamy superhighway. The colors are rich and sticky, clinging to me with transparent intent. Carried higher into the glaring sunlight, twisting and turning until I no longer know up from down. Damn you Filipe you have me writing like a stoned out hippie. Super work!

"Mental Maze"- Screw you and you need for an intro! Right into the mix with melody layered ontop of melody. All the while keeping the beat churning methodically underneath. The break is pretty limited as he really likes his kick. The leads during the short intermission are less interesting to me on their own, but when presented as a whole, they really work. This type of music keeps me dancing like nobody is watching. Another triumph!

So there you have it. This guy knows how to make goa trance that speaks to me. It's intensely melodic, it's relentless and it takes me to that place where I can close my eyes an drift away. I don't know if this is still available, but if it is...get it. You'll be in for a trippy experience.

Mdk

yes i released psyramid again its fucking amazing shit... mental maze is class too dunno why ppl dont dig it that much maybe its that very detuned rave lead or someshit i liked it back in days anyways its a 4/5 old classic goa shit imo cant let go sorry

psyramid is winner i mastered the way was meant to sound , phototropic fucked it up removed the bass he didnt get da fucking shit but i do thats why i prefer mastering my music because as an artist i know the track inside out and i wanna keep that for people that listen my music

fucking simple clear in and out thats all i gotta say

and yea that art was good shit

cya on planet X

another thing this was made in 2004 great times pushing da fuck out of a vectra HP 233mhz pentium II son of a bitch was hard but fuck im proud of what i accomplished. great times in belgium playing this shit altho not many people sorta like 100 or so but anoebis always give me money for my gigs at least his own he was honest altho i wanted them to keep da cash because i wanted to contribute more to suntrip... but was ok . i dont give two fucks now filteria was their main 'favourite' somehow its a record label shit changes i understand but im out of it ... its not what i want i made my own choices and think filteria kinda reached his 'goal' anyways. so good riddance fuck it.

its a jungle out there as cyan says and fucking right it is and i dont care i got my own fucking shit to worry about

thats all folks enjoy

1/2/3/4/5 score whatever fuck you might think ... fuck it i love it