Beatless ambient/drone/psychill

ziptnf

I hardly even have any examples to list as to what I'm looking for. Anything with beautiful strings, piano, cool noises, lush atmospheres, but NO BEATS PLEASE! It annoys me when tracks are labeled as "ambient" and they start slamming with beats halfway through. They usually aren't that hardcore, but I have found several "ambient" tracks that teeter on the edge of progressive psytrance. Help me find some pretty and TRULY AMBIENT tracks. :)

I hardly even have any examples to list as to what I'm looking for. Anything with beautiful strings, piano, cool noises, lush atmospheres, but NO BEATS PLEASE! It annoys me when tracks are labeled as "ambient" and they start slamming with beats halfway through. They usually aren't that hardcore, but I have found several "ambient" tracks that teeter on the edge of progressive psytrance. Help me find some pretty and TRULY AMBIENT tracks. :)

Try 12 compilation released on TipWorld label.

All the 12 tracks on it are beatless.

You also may like The Mystery of The Yeti on TIP records. See here:http://www.discogs.com/release/90964

Make sure it's the first and not the second volume of the series.

It has a some beats here and there especially the last part but very chill and tells you a story from start to finish (as opposed to just "background" music for airports or something).

I'm talking tracks that are like 15 minutes long and all fit into one big story.

Here is a 5 minute sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz80ARRMzmw&feature=related

Another one to try maybe is Ian Ion album Gringolocomotion on Chill Tribe records.

Some releases on Somnia label are beatless like for example Emanuele Errante - Humus album, so you may want to check the samples on their website.

Other than that, if you're willing to consider artists outside of the "psy" scene you may want to try Tetsu Inoue's work, as well as, some releases on FAX and Databloem labels.

• Like 1

Some releases on Somnia label are beatless like for example Emanuele Errante - Humus album, so you may want to check the samples on their website.

Great label, and that album is particularly nice, very organic and soft :) Took me a few listens to start really appreciating it.

I just want to add one of the classics:

Michael Stearns - Planetary Unfolding

:)

Planetary Unfolding?! It sure seems a bit expensive on discogs, it must be possible to get it cheaper somehow :P My dad has it LP, so I might ask him for it one day :P

or is it Tetsu Inoue - Ambiant Otaku you are referring too!?

I actually managed to pick that up for around 500 yen :)

I was talking about Planetary Unfolding