Top Psytrance Record Labels

ariScotle

Why would Profane be a better person to judge this (no offense mate)? I mean yeah he is associated with Iboga but does that make him more competent to say if I am right or wrong?

Obviously someone from the label is more qualified than you to say what they are all about. I mean this is not even a question.

Your points are taken, my friend.

Some people call certain music psytrance that you don't - that's ok. We get it. Can we go back to some top 10 label lists now please?

Obviously someone from the label is more qualified than you to say what they are all about. I mean this is not even a question.

Your points are taken, my friend.

Some people call certain music psytrance that you don't - that's ok. We get it. Can we go back to some top 10 label lists now please?

As far as I know Profane is not hired by the label. He is an Iboga label DJ (And a damn good DJ by the way) but again why would he be more competent than me on this issue? I spoke with Banel(Head and owner of Iboga) the other day regarding recieving promos and he also called it Prog.Trance/House. I did not see him once calling their releases "psy".

And yes I know it's off-topic but hey it's an interesting discussion and not spamming (well maybe to you it is) and I do not see any harm in this discussion. But of-course I can ask Mars to move it and we can make another thread so you can have your top 10 in peace ;)

As far as I know Profane is not hired by the label. He is an Iboga label DJ (And a damn good DJ by the way) but again why would he be more competent than me on this issue?

Clearly no one is more qualified than you :)

I spoke with Banel(Head and owner of Iboga) the other day regarding recieving promos and he also called it Prog.Trance/House. I did not see him once calling their releases "psy".

Exactly my point - I think they used to put out more psychedelic stuff and now its definitely prog.trance.house.pop.commercial etc etc etc that I just don't like

Hence my original comment that I thought they were headed in the wrong (or one I don't like) direction

b00m

Clearly no one is more qualified than you :)

Exactly my point - I think they used to put out more psychedelic stuff and now its definitely prog.trance.house.pop.commercial etc etc etc that I just don't like

Hence my original comment that I thought they were headed in the wrong (or one I don't like) direction

b00m

Auchh now you even get sarcastic ;) I never said I am more qualified. I only said I know what I know from my long history with the danish scene, the iboga guys and communicating with Banel from Iboga. I did never say Profane is less qualified. I only asked why he would be more qualified and you replied he was more qualified because he work for Iboga which I then mentioned is not the case as far as I know.

And again I am debating from a musical analytical view. Not taste etc. So maybe Profane see Iboga's releases as Prog. Psytrance. But try to analyze most of their releases and compare it to psytrance. That's what I am debating.

Anyway to keep your top 10 free from my spamming i have started this debate. You are welcome to participate.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/58500-progressive-vspsy

Absolutely LOVING the music I'm hearing from

Cosmic Conspiracy Records -

CCR

Electric Power Pole Records -

EPPR

Trishula Records -

TR

great newer labels, really creative dark/prog/psy etc

well done my new friends

+1 at Trishula