Indian Influenced Psytrance

ziptnf

Hey all. I'd prefer more psytrance recommendations than Goa, but most Indian music has really trippy sounds, sitars, magical atmospheres, and stuff that just makes you wanna be on the beach looking at the sunset in Goa, India with a drink and a spliff listening to what feels like the entire history of a civilization enveloping you.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent there, but hopefully you know what I mean. I don't want anything very clubby at all, I'm looking for more atmosphere. I already know that Shpongle is a good example, but I could use more, from energetic full-on stuff to proggy to electro to breaks to ambient. Anything will be good. Thanks! :ph34r:

this could result in being an interesting topic: was ever made a complete list of tracks containing oriental melodies, sitars, chants and so?

we all know shiva sidpao had many of these and surely a lot of other producer tracks, but the ultimate guide to "ganesh/shiva/indi" oriented tracks was never made, as far as i know.

what if we gather our knowledge and make one ;)?

can we narrow to pre 2k releases this list? it could be interesting to list the real oldschool tracks :)

very nice topic

i'm interest to gather all the tracks with characteristics that draeke had mentioned before

here is some i have in my mind right now

Shakta and Moonweed-Micronesia

S.U.N. Project-The Awakening

Kaaya-Ormazd

Psychaos-Dense Dawn

Tyoussi - Shofou(Jaia rmx)

Medicine Drum-Wizards' Brew

Etnica - Plastic

Sonic Fusion-Tribal Warrior

Eat Static-Holy War(2000)

....................etc

keep on going guys this interest topic

(one reason that i start to collect this music is because this unique mixture with tribal,indian,oriental sounds)

Try with Rama, some unreleased tracks from Deepa (a girl from Serbia), also listen Somnesia and PharaOm tracks... and these what people said before :)

I have a lot of goa, about 150 GB on hard drive... will check and tell you soon.

I think Technossomy's Pyramid still has the best goa mood of all tracks I've heard. Sure, plenty of basic dancefloor pounders have Indian-styled stock samples glued on them, but mostly they just bug me. Often they don't really fit, and they've been used a million times since they appeared on some sample CD in the 90s. Please find some new chants if you absolutely want to use them...

Psychaos-Dense Dawn

keep on going guys this interest topic

(one reason that i start to collect this music is because this unique mixture with tribal,indian,oriental sounds)

Wow, funny how much of a difference can a pair of ears create :)

I got into the old Psychaos sound because I always thought how he had nothing whatsover to do with indian influences. It was always his dare-do, raw and mechanical approach to music which I liked!

I actually find the old school Psychaos to be as detached from eastern influences as an old school producer can get. However, your listing of Dense Dawn here (one of my favorite Sidhu tracks) just made me go through my entire Psychaos vinyl back catalogue... B)

-Shakta & Moonweed - Micronesia - already mentioned but its very good, with beautiful sitar strains beginning the track.

-Shakta - Silicon Trip (album) - Many tracks have an Oriental/Indian feel to them.

-Sundog - Touch the Sun

-Pharagonescia - Pharatropic

-Chi-a.d. - Pathfinder

-Dogma - Sutra Sarma

-Elysium - Monzoon has this eastern-tribalish atmosphere

-Juno Reactor - Beyond the Infinite

-Juno Reactor - Navras - has a lot of Indian chanting, that complements the atmosphere of the track beautifully.

-Medicine Drum - Supernature

-Juno Reactor - Beyond the Infinite (album) - Similar to Shakta's Silicon Trip in that you will find many tracks with an Eastern/Indian feel to them.

-Electric Universe - The prayer

• 2 weeks later...

Download early goa trance. That's basically what you're looking for.

Goa Trance IS "psytrance with indian influence".

Psytrance came from Goa Trance. The original psychedelic trance WAS indian influenced electronic trance music aka Goa Trance = )

Old school Goa Trance is way more trippy than any psy/darkpsy, and also more spiritual with ethnic melodies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8uOvjuQDus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5rLar1usMU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBQLoTeM7h8

Download early goa trance. That's basically what you're looking for.

Goa Trance IS "psytrance with indian influence".

download? shame on you! :P

anyway, most of oldschool goa doesn't sound indian at all imo. still sounds good though.