Goa Cds

djzen

You haven't quite answered the question though.

If your player can play it OK and there is no audible difference plus the CD is not scratched I don't see what the big deal is.

The big deal is that the CD has uncorrectable errors. Before I said CRC errors which may have confused the issue as these can be corrected. The CD has uncorrectable errors meaning there is musical information missing. If there is muscial information missing then there is always a theoretical possibility of an audible difference. I say theoretical because audibility is of course very subjective and dependent on the playback equipment used and the state of the subject that does the listening.

I think it's reasonable for a seller to disclose the shape of a CD visible to a naked eye and check to make sure it plays OK in his stereo,

but EAC checking is not unless you specifically state you want it done prior to the seller sending it to you.

I agree with this completely and have said so before. Personally if I was selling a CD for more than 100 euros I would EAC check it, but I don't expect everyone to do this. BUT, if the CD turns out to have uncorrectable errors on it then I think a full refund should be forthcoming without all the hassle I'm having to go through.

Besides a CD passing an EAC check is not a guarantee the CD will play in your player.

Well no, but that's because of the dependency on your CD player. I.e. if your CD player has a fault even a faultless CD will not play back perfectly. Passing a proper EAC secure mode check is a 100% guarantee that it will play in all flawlessly operating CD players.

As for Zen's replies to your concerns, I think you got a point.

I think he could have handled it a bit different.

Thank you for your support.

Look, I have sent a MN GoaTrax CD.

I had 140 positive seller feedbacks at Discogs.

I'm 40 years old and not a stupid young brainless guy.I understand gradings and I got 140 happy customers.

I have 2 other Goa Trax Cds here and one I got right after you from Ebay from Jeredelic has indents and the back cover has been weaved.Maybe you guys are speaking too much in private.I have all Ebay messages + post receipts to prove I received the Jeredelic indented/weaved Goa Trax Cd AFTER I sent yours.

As I'm sure I sent you a NM CD, please post here in public scans/pictures of that Goa Trax Cd you got, I'm really curious to see how it looks now.

Thanks and stop to try to find support from others, you're the only one to blame here, you were CHEAP from the beginning.

you were CHEAP from the beginning.

Whoah, now that's what a call a proper zing ;)

but really, how can you call a guy that spent so much on one CD you sold cheap and do so publicly ???

How do you know he's not a regular, average Joe and not some rich kid and really wanted

the CD so he stretched himself beyond his means this month so he can buy the CD and wanted to minimize

all other costs including shipping so his bank account isn't hit as hard?

Look, I have sent a MN GoaTrax CD.

I had 140 positive seller feedbacks at Discogs.

I'm 40 years old and not a stupid young brainless guy.I understand gradings and I got 140 happy customers.

I have 2 other Goa Trax Cds here and one I got right after you from Ebay from Jeredelic has indents and the back cover has been weaved.Maybe you guys are speaking too much in private.I have all Ebay messages + post receipts to prove I received the Jeredelic indented/weaved Goa Trax Cd AFTER I sent yours.

I have no idea what you are insinuating here. Speaking too much? I don't even know the guy. Maybe I should get in touch with this Jeredelic as it sounds to me like you sold me the CD you bought off him.

As I'm sure I sent you a NM CD, please post here in public scans/pictures of that Goa Trax Cd you got, I'm really curious to see how it looks now.

Again you show an enormous capacity for not listening/reading properly. For the last time: the CD looks visually pretty much near mint, so this would be totally pointless!

Thanks and stop to try to find support from others, you're the only one to blame here, you were CHEAP from the beginning.

How very mature of you to not accept the slightest responsibility and reply to my facts with public insults.

One question if you understand gradings so well: in general, not thinking about this particular case, do you consider it ok to grade a CD as Near Mint that has slight tab indents to the front cover and slight warping to the rear?

Whoah, now that's what a call a proper zing ;)

but really, how can you call a guy that spent so much on one CD you sold cheap and do so publicly ???

When someone wants to pay for a expensive CD the packaging must come not cheap, otherwise it's a bad try.

At first, our deal was all great: 100 for the CD and 20 for proper registered packaging.

The "cheap" refers also that I had 3 other Cds for sale at high prices that Pete asked for me to make him a better price.

It was my choice to sell them at that high price or not at Discogs at first as I was not in a hurry to sale them.

Either my choice to accept an offer from Pete or not.

His offers refereed to the cheapest known past selling prices over the net and Discogs history.

So I thought it was a good idea to accept this deal as he wanted to spend 100 eur on the Goa Trax CD and make him HAPPY with the 3 other Goa Cds he wanted, without discussing on the price he asked for.

Although that Goa Trax CD was for sale 180eur, he offered me 100 once and I declined.Then I came back to him a few weeks later and offered it for 130eur registered package included.He said 120.Then I accepted 100 for the CD and 20 for the registered package.It was our deal.

Sending a registered envelope with ONE Cd with its jewel case was okay!

The day after he asked me about the Cds I'm speaking above BUT he didn't wanted to pay MORE for the postage!

Sending out a stack of Cds registered from Canada costs 60$ (43eur).

So I told him that I'd certainly have to remove some jewel cases to gain in thickness and get the package fitting in an envelope that could pass the size and weight.

I did not wanted to pay 23eur more for the postage! What's the matter about that?

I already made him happy with the pricing on all Cds he asked!!

So who was cheap from the beginning?I wonder ;)

Either my choice to accept an offer from Pete or not.

His offers refereed to the cheapest known past selling prices over the net and Discogs history.

Yet another half-truth.

Ok great. Glad you accepted as this really was my max.

I can also offer you a discogs price history match of 15 euros for VG copy of http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Colours-Of-Shiva-The-Psychedelic-TIP-Trip-Part-1/release/142353?ev=item-vc

and

a amazon.de price match of 13 euros for VG+/NM- copy of http://www.discogs.com/Various-Party-Outlaw-Trance-Vol1/release/192173?ev=item-vc

So I told him that I'd certainly have to remove some jewel cases to gain in thickness and get the package fitting in an envelope that could pass the size and weight.

You certainly did tell me this. I also told you that was fine as long as they were packaged properly. You said of course.

I would have thought someone who releases CD's using environmentally-friendly FSC wood for the packaging would appreciate someone reducing the weight of a package being sent by airmail. Instead you choose to publicaly make them out for being cheap?!

Did you even read my question at the end of my previous post?

By the way, what's so special about this Goa Trax CD anyways?

Weren't majority, if not all of the tracks already released elsewhere?

It's simply 1 of those CD's which are over-fancied for some reason. The title maybe ? Or the Doctor Acid and Bell Size Park's tracks which are taken from their (again) futally overwanted and nothing special albums ? Go figure...

Did you even read my question at the end of my previous post?

Already answered by my post above, read the first sentences.

I know the CD looks new, what I want to see is the supposed indents and weaved back cover artwork.

Plz post a scan or something.

Thanks

I meant this question:

One question if you understand gradings so well: in general, not thinking about this particular case, do you consider it ok to grade a CD as Near Mint that has slight tab indents to the front cover and slight warping to the rear?

Guys, that CD Goa Trax seems to be badly pressed somehow. phusg, you are not the 1st one who noticed that EAC error in the 1st track. I know at least 1 other guy who had the same problem with a NM copy of Goa Trax. So i think that particular point should be excluded here.

Guys, that CD Goa Trax seems to be badly pressed somehow. phusg, you are not the 1st one who noticed that EAC error in the 1st track. I know at least 1 other guy who had the same problem with a NM copy of Goa Trax. So i think that particular point should be excluded here.

Thanks for the information, I was starting to suspect the same myself. I have been trying to exlude this point all along and focus on the overgrading on the sleeves. But just like a politician Gabriel will always ignore any direct questions and just say what he wants to say to protect his reputation and the money he's taken from me. Where's your answer to my question Gabriel?

Paypal's protection has turned out to be woefully inadequate, now I've actually had to use it:

As stated in our User

Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It

does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods

received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a

refund.

I know the CD looks new, what I want to see is the supposed indents and weaved back cover artwork.

Plz post a scan or something.

Thanks

Please bear in mind that I am not a professional photographer and that CDs especially are very hard to photograph. Even so, the tab indents and warping to the Goa Trax and the damage to the Party Outlaw CD should have been spotted with even a casual inspection. First up the supposedly "Near Mint" Goa Trax that I paid 100 euros for:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then the "Very Good Plus" Party Outlaw CD, which has 2 major pieces of information missing, easy to spot even on this poor quality photo:

Posted Image

I can see only a dot were the images are supposed to be. The days before they were visible. Hope it wasn't Zen who removed them :P

Well there is a lot of strange hacking and wot not going on at the moment, but not in this case, I can still see the images. Try the direct links:

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac325/phusg/gabriel002.jpg

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac325/phusg/gabriel001.jpg

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac325/phusg/gabriel011.jpg

• 5 months later...