Goa Cds

djzen

These are possibly/likely bootlegs.

Goa Trax - Mint

Dj Nivoc "infinity" (no front cover)

Goa Europe Xpress (promo) NM

Trance Foundation (Kuro and friends 2001 Baobab recs.) NM

Mahassidhi (no covers)

Rabtu Gawa - NM, back cover a bit weaved (not me, a friend sales it)

These are home-burned on blank CDrs with scribbling on them (from the original artist).

Psyquest "age of reason" M

Psyquest "a cosmic link" M

Buy with caution.

Dr Weevil aka bwale aka eiko aka Neil Melnyk from Alberta you said on shangri-law private torrent site about me:

"DJ Zen (AKA Astral Waves) tries to rip people off, so I ripped him off instead. Please DON'T support him or his labels by buying his stuff, he is an asshole. He ran Sunline Records and now runs Altar Records and is part of Kagdila Records (also run by more idiots)."

Then you finished by (speaking on our trade, the way you ripped me off):

"After I got over the disbelief of how much of a retard & asshole this guy is, my response was "OK" to both trades, and I just didn't send them anything"

Also you rekon on Discogs that you multiple voted against my release 6 times:

"P.S. - I like the new rating for In Dub, thanks for the support all. If we can't remove this guy completely, well I don't think he'll be making much money with such a low rating, even though I feel kinda bad for voting 6 times now."

Jayfive, Mods of Discogs said about you behaviour:

"This site isnt your personal frigging playground. The faster your banned once and for all the better. You vandalise this site (even ratings) and all bets are off as far as im concerned. What little credibility you may have had has now down the crapper."

Then Nik, one Discogs owner of the site said:

"nik wrote:

dodadoda = eiko = troll = lifetime ban from the site. "

So you are a scammer and a mideranged person.You need help.

You are the deranged person for 2 reasons:

1. You proclaim everyone who says or does anything you don't like to be bwhale.

2. You post on multiple accounts (djzen = kagdila) to agree with yourself.

Good luck selling your super rare CDs. Do you have any more Blue Moon Samplers or Psychedelic Life CDrs or sold all your "last copy"s already? ;)

Good luck selling your super rare CDs. Do you have any more Blue Moon Samplers or Psychedelic Life CDrs or sold all your "last copy"s already? ;)

Oh whatever. You are so him. Luckily no one cares what you think and you're just wasting your time trying to besmirch Zen's good name.

What does this have to do with you Basilisk, is he your boyfriend or are you his internet white knight or what? Kindly fuck off.

I'm not posting random lies, I have my reasons for believing this to be the sad case and might expand upon them in the future.

Judging by the prices he wanted on Discogs for these CDs (ie. $280 for Rabtu missing a cover!) I consider it unlikely that he'll get many successful sales over Psynews, but best of luck to all buyers.

Good day

Taken from: http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/203432

"So let's make things clear once for all.

First, about eiko aka "the troll", the mideranged "captain justice of trance scene" my ass, listen to that:

Yes I did sold official CDr's and NOT bootlegs to members of this forum.

I did that in accordance of the artists because it's our only way to reverse the damages people like YOU do when you get our music

lossless and spread it for FREE on Torrents websites.

If it was only mp3's...I believe it could be at least "cute".But giving for free to the world other's work for download

while saying "do not support the label" is criminal.

Anyways no ones cares about that, no one can do anything about Torrent websites apparently.

So our ideas, as artists to REVERSE this situation is to sell old unreleased music and demo's for instance time to time

to people who work and have money to collect rarities.

Those guys are happy to pay for an expensive record and are sure to participate to make the scene growing, the

artists happy, knows that the money is deserved, add a nice rare item in their collection and are sure that the money

returns to artists DIRECTLY.

Its not like YOU Mr neil melnyk sitted in front of your computer all day long trying to flame me, fuck with me and

trying to kill my (and other's) label.You are not working, have no friends, no money, you are so jealous of us

and your only way to act is to spread bullshit over us, our music lossless for free on (Russian) Torrents websites

and so on.

Because of you I lost my 100% rated "great seller" Discogs accounts.

Discogs owners/Mods are so s.....d that they cannot see the light thru this!They continue to send me Discogs Invoices for my past

dues but I even can't access to my Invoices Billing pages to pay because I'm so banned!!!

Will they ban me MORE 'cuz I can't pay? LOL

Discogs HAS A MAJOR FAILURE in their website and it's not reliable anymore.

I'm preparing a news page about all this mess and all I've experienced during year 2009 here at my main website.

About the facts on eiko now: (taken from http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/58325-goa-cds/)

Dr Weevil aka bwale aka eiko aka Neil Melnyk from Alberta you said on shangri-law private torrent site about me:

"DJ Zen (AKA Astral Waves) tries to rip people off, so I ripped him off instead. Please DON'T support him or his labels by buying his stuff, he is an asshole. He ran Sunline Records and now runs Altar Records and is part of Kagdila Records (also run by more idiots)."

Then you finished by (speaking on our trade, the way you ripped me off):

"After I got over the disbelief of how much of a retard & asshole this guy is, my response was "OK" to both trades, and I just didn't send them anything"

Also you rekon on Discogs that you multiple voted against my release 6 times:

"P.S. - I like the new rating for In Dub, thanks for the support all. If we can't remove this guy completely, well I don't think he'll be making much money with such a low rating, even though I feel kinda bad for voting 6 times now."

Jayfive, Mods of Discogs said about you behaviour:

"This site isnt your personal frigging playground. The faster your banned once and for all the better. You vandalise this site (even ratings) and all bets are off as far as im concerned. What little credibility you may have had has now down the crapper."

Then Nik, one Discogs owner of the site said:

"nik wrote:

dodadoda = eiko = troll = lifetime ban from the site. "

So you are a scammer and a mideranged person.You need help.

So now about YOU Mr phusg:

Look at you spam in your emails, I sent you 2 times the same message to answer you:

"Look Pete, you overdo it.

Party Outlaw trance Cd was graded has not perfect with small skuffs but not affect playing.And it does not skips.All tracks are playing excellent.

I won't accept a return for this one.

Also you choose the right shipping to suits your needs and it was a cheap one although registered.

So if you choose to send me back the Goa Trax Cd and the back cover has got weaved during first transportation or if it got more damaged, I'll return it to you without any refund.

Please pack it well in the case you still want to send it back to me.Of course if it still in the same condition as I sent, I'll refund you an amount of 100euros, as promised.

I'm suspicious that you simply did not liked the CDs,.

Do not try to trick me with the EAC thing.I did not sell my Cds regarding the EAC checkings.EAC means nothing to me.It is a software.

If a Cd plays without skipping, it plays that's it.

EAC errors do not affects the grading of my CDs for sale and if you wanted to have an EAC check before sending out the CDs, you'd just have to ask me before sending the package.And you did not asked anything else but grading.Do not come back to me after saying that I sent "faulty" CDs.

Sorry, I hope you understand."

In summarum Pete asked me for a very cheap but registering packaging.I had to remove Goa Trax and Party Outtalw Trance Jewel

cases to suits his needs.

IT WAS HIS RESPONSABILITY to pay more for a safer packaging.

About the bootlegs again: I DID NOT MADE ANY GOA TRAX BOOTLEGS!! lol How could I do that?

It's only originals that he got.

Good luck with the paypal case, I already send them our conversation as an evidence that you chosen the worst packaging

possible and you got what you deserved."

lol I'm not Shu-Ki I already told you long ago ona Discogs public conversation,..But I'm glad Shu-Ki agrees with me along many other people here that you are stupid.If you want to make friends, be gentle and safe.From a certain amount of time you are just putting much shit over the trance scene and this is too bad.We can understand that you are deranged and accept you as you are, this is not a problem.But thinking that you are "the saviour" of the scene fighting against piracy while YOU are a PIRATE is pathetic.

Thanks.I'm in a discussion already with Kerry Palmer from Dimension 5, he's touring in Thailand and agreed to have more Blue Moon Samplers printed to be sold signed by his hand over Ebay by me.

Thank you for having spreading MUCH SHIT over me saying that I sell bootlegs. I'll not repeat myself on what was said this morning on Discogs (read above) but YOU are ruining the scene while WE ARE trying to reverse a bit the situation, it's like a war of angels (us) against the devil (you).

As for Discogs, I'll make a new page over my website so everyone could judge by themselves who was the scammer here.

You have cut my incomes by two because of your false story telling over Discogs.You have harmed my label's reputation and instead of stopping and being happy of all your mess, you are continuing ... This is not good at all.People like you makes small labels like us who wants to make our artists paid and happy in their life crashing and closing up.

The scene is worse everyday because of you.

Taken from: http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/203432

I did that in accordance of the artists because it's our only way to reverse the damages people like YOU do when you get our music

lossless and spread it for FREE on Torrents websites.

So our ideas, as artists to REVERSE this situation is to sell old unreleased music and demo's for instance time to time

to people who work and have money to collect rarities.

Those guys are happy to pay for an expensive record and are sure to participate to make the scene growing, the

artists happy, knows that the money is deserved, add a nice rare item in their collection and are sure that the money

returns to artists DIRECTLY.

I don't know anything about the argument between these 2 persons but I want to ask why you (dj zen and so many others) care about keeping these things rare ... Couldn't you sell these cd at a normal price (I am talking now about these reprints/rewrites you make with permission of the artist)? There are allot of guys out there who would like this music in a legal way, but don't care for shit if these things are rare. So why not simply re-relese these things at a larger quantity so I can buy these things for 10-15 euros. (This has happened for allot of things luckely)

Just all the colecting rare things freakishness aaaaarghhhhh I wish it would be about the fucking music with some of you people ... same with the unreleased-stuff dirty little world, but i but I guess thats also the fault of some of the artists who want to keep there things "mistyque" or am I wrong?

now I read about the "autographed cds".... Come on ... thats plain stupid idolatry....

Without saying anything substantial about the argument between Zen and Bwhale, I can explain to you guys that I completely understand why he would want this in the open.

Bwhale is a really annoying troll who gets off at pissing people off and by ruining their reputations. If it were my reputation being ruined by some little fucker like Bwhale, I'd want people to know it's not really my fault.

Cause however it might have gone, if bwhale's involved it's most probably because of him.

Just to clear that up.

Pete van der Spoel here, aka phusg@discogs. Just to make it clear that I am not and have no allegiance to eiko / bwhale / Neil / DRWeevil. A couple of facts that other potential buyers may find interesting:

I recently bought a 'Near Mint' Goa Trax CD from Gabriel aka DJ Zen. I asked for the cheapest registered shipping and he promised to

put all CDs into a white sleeve protective envelope and everything is sent into a bubble large letter.

All well and good.

Upon receiving the CDs I noticed that the Goa Trax rear insert had slight water/damp damage warping and that the front insert had slight tab indents. I then ran the CD itself through EAC and found major CRC errors at the start of track 1. To be fair this was not visible to the naked eye. The Party Outlaw CD he sent had two suspicious areas full of CRC errors, which were clearly visible to the naked eye. This he had sold to me as VG+.

Anyway, these things can happen, I admit I don't always run every CD I sell through EAC (unless it looks suspect) and to err is of course human. So I offered Gabriel 3 options:

1) I noticed you listed another NM copy of Goa Trax. Is this copy better i.e. really Near Mint? If so you could send me that copy and I could send this one back.

2) You give me a 50% refund.

3) I return it for a full refund.

From here on in it unfortunately all got very messy. The first reaction I got from Gabriel was that he had been hacked and we needed to continue communications via e-mail. I then received a discogs message from user Admin that Gabriel was suspected of dealing in bootlegs/counterfeits. As Gabriel was no longer responding to my e-mails (he later claimed that he had sent two, but these didn't even make it to my spam box) I saw no alternative but to open a paypal dispute on him.

Unfortunately Gabriel never choose one of the 3 reasonable options I proposed. The best he offered was an almost full refund for Goa Trax if I sent it back to him. As I never received his address I haven't been able to do so. I'm also very doubtful about what will happen if I do send it back, as he has repeatedly stated that when he sent them they were absolutely Near mint and so the damage must have occurred in transit. He has also questioned whether I am honest and suspects I will send back another non Near Mint copy of Goa Trax he thinks I already had!

All in all a load of hassle which could have been avoided had Gabriel properly graded his items or at least offered a reasonable returns service. Whatever he may have done for the scene, a good seller he is not.

Pete you did not wanted to pay for a proper price for the package, on top of that the deal was only to send out the Goa Trax CD at first.

Then you asked me to add more CDs to the package without wanting to pay more postage for it.

You do not understand that registered packages are not cheap from Canada.

You discussed with me to get the lowest price for the whole batch of Cds and I was kind enough to offer you those at the lowest price you asked WITHOUT ARGUING.

Then you didn't wanted to pay for the extra postage fee from the weight of the package initially tailored for just one CD.

So it grown until a DOUBLE Digipack, a Digipack and two jewel cases.

This way the package looked more like a stack THAN a lightweight package with only ONE CD.

So I took the liberty to remove the two plastic cases to keep the package thin so to get a postage rate of $26 instead of $56!!!

As I didn't wanted to pay the extras postage fee and you NEITHER, I did my best to send the Cds safely.

I'm very sorry if you got them not in a proper way but I'm not responsible, it was YOUR choice.

Also STOP to tell about the EAC thing!

I DO NOT SELL MY CDs regarding EAC grading!!How many times should I repeat that?

Pete van der Spoel here, aka phusg@discogs. Just to make it clear that I am not and have no allegiance to eiko / bwhale / Neil / DRWeevil. A couple of facts that other potential buyers may find interesting:

I recently bought a 'Near Mint' Goa Trax CD from Gabriel aka DJ Zen. I asked for the cheapest registered shipping and he promised to All well and good.

Upon receiving the CDs I noticed that the Goa Trax rear insert had slight water/damp damage warping and that the front insert had slight tab indents. I then ran the CD itself through EAC and found major CRC errors at the start of track 1. To be fair this was not visible to the naked eye. The Party Outlaw CD he sent had two suspicious areas full of CRC errors, which were clearly visible to the naked eye. This he had sold to me as VG+.

Anyway, these things can happen, I admit I don't always run every CD I sell through EAC (unless it looks suspect) and to err is of course human. So I offered Gabriel 3 options:

From here on in it unfortunately all got very messy. The first reaction I got from Gabriel was that he had been hacked and we needed to continue communications via e-mail. I then received a discogs message from user Admin that Gabriel was suspected of dealing in bootlegs/counterfeits. As Gabriel was no longer responding to my e-mails (he later claimed that he had sent two, but these didn't even make it to my spam box) I saw no alternative but to open a paypal dispute on him.

Unfortunately Gabriel never choose one of the 3 reasonable options I proposed. The best he offered was an almost full refund for Goa Trax if I sent it back to him. As I never received his address I haven't been able to do so. I'm also very doubtful about what will happen if I do send it back, as he has repeatedly stated that when he sent them they were absolutely Near mint and so the damage must have occurred in transit. He has also questioned whether I am honest and suspects I will send back another non Near Mint copy of Goa Trax he thinks I already had!

All in all a load of hassle which could have been avoided had Gabriel properly graded his items or at least offered a reasonable returns service. Whatever he may have done for the scene, a good seller he is not.

Just curious, does the CD play OK in your CD player?

Sometimes EAC on a PC will give you an error but a CD plays fine in a CDJ or stereo.

Just curious, does the CD play OK in your CD player?

Sometimes EAC on a PC will give you an error but a CD plays fine in a CDJ or stereo.

Sure, just depends how tolerant your CD player is to missing information. I haven't actually tried and consider this besides the point when paying north of 100 euros for a Near Mint CD. Let's leave the condition of the CD to one side. Apart from that the Front and Back insert weren't in Near Mint condition, as they were advertised. The packaging/postage has nothing to do with this, even though that is all Gabriel goes on about. Front inserts don't magically get tab indents when posted without a jewel case! Rear inserts don't magically get warped whilst the rest of the inserts in the package stay flat.

well I can understand... If you pack the cd and artwork properly (waterproof bag, carboard and bubblewrap) it's a great (and save) way to save money I Allready spend enough money on shippingcosts. So certainly if you know the shipping costs of Canada (that's where zen lives right?) There doesn't seem to be a reason not to choose yewelcase free shipping..

peace! :)

Sure, just depends how tolerant your CD player is to missing information. I haven't actually tried and consider this besides the point when paying north of 100 euros for a Near Mint CD. Let's leave the condition of the CD to one side. Apart from that the Front and Back insert weren't in Near Mint condition, as they were advertised. The packaging/postage has nothing to do with this, even though that is all Gabriel goes on about. Front inserts don't magically get tab indents when posted without a jewel case! Rear inserts don't magically get warped whilst the rest of the inserts in the package stay flat.

You haven't quite answered the question though.

If your player can play it OK and there is no audible difference plus the CD is not scratched I don't see what the big deal is.

I think it's reasonable for a seller to disclose the shape of a CD visible to a naked eye and check to make sure it plays OK in his stereo,

but EAC checking is not unless you specifically state you want it done prior to the seller sending it to you.

Besides a CD passing an EAC check is not a guarantee the CD will play in your player.

As for Zen's replies to your concerns, I think you got a point.

I think he could have handled it a bit different.

Well but Pete, spending a €100+ for a CD and wanting to save on postage by removing jewelcase :huh: ?

[josephschembri@discogs]

As eudaimonia points out, there is no reason whatsoever that CDs and inserts cannot be sent safely without the jewel cases. I have done many deals like this without problems. It's just a question of proper packaging. As I have also pointed out many times, this was also not a problem in this case. The CDs were reasonably packaged and did not get damaged in transit. Why do you believe Gabriel over me?

In rare cases posting in jewel cases can actually cause tab indent damage or scratches to the CD if the holding tabs break.