Dune

PlutoDelic

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/

it's confirmed, another remake and this time it's an animation

the story is quite good but both the original and the ugly remake lacked of moments, i've seen the 4 hour long original and it nearly bored me to death.

anyway, here is a fan-art made video which i thought it was the real trailer, still worth sharing

the spice expends the consciousness (and f*#cks up your memory)

I used to be a HUGE fan of Frank Herbert's Dune book series, by comparison the movies were always lacking something (quite understandibly cause it's almost impossible to condense a book into a movie...). Also, Dune is but the first book in a series of 6 books (actually it was supposed to be more than that but the author tragically died before making them). So any movie of Dune will be but a tiny part of the "Dune world" that readers are used to. I hope they'll someday made a whole series (it seems that animation is the way to go here) comprising the whole saga and the new series of Dune books made by Frank's son...

...by comparison the movies were always lacking something (quite understandibly cause it's almost impossible to condense a book into a movie...).

Also, Dune is but the first book in a series of 6 books (actually it was supposed to be more than that but the author tragically died before making them).

i am one of the most disappointed person of filmed books, even animated cartoons (manga) that are ported in hollywood movies always made me angry, but this is the hope that i have for animations, cause all you need is a good 3D Designing team and some people who really have good story telling skills, all we can do is hope for some good piece of art.

I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Sounds promising.

The live-action mini-series that played on the Sci-Fi Channel ("

") was actually pretty good for stuff that usually played on that channel back then. Lots of really intricate CGI, good actors and accurate storytelling.

Sorry for the offtopic, but what is totally great is that Roland "2012" Emmerich is going to make the movie(s) based on the foundation books. :P

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000386/

:unsure:

ah, the Foundation series is even longer than the Dune series. That would mean a decade, maybe more of filming to complete it all, it is a HUGE project. I hope they'll manage to finish it someday (and not just make the adaptation of the 1st book and then call it quits...)

ah, the Foundation series is even longer than the Dune series. That would mean a decade, maybe more of filming to complete it all, it is a HUGE project. I hope they'll manage to finish it someday (and not just make the adaptation of the 1st book and then call it quits...)

It's Emmerich so I don't expect anything good...

It's Emmerich so I don't expect anything good...

it's not that i hate him but it's not his taste/style to fiddle with things like this, but he f*cked up 2012 for sure, some f*cking huge boats rescueing the mankind from solar flares, wtf is he on

the animation itself i think is done by some independent group and it should be full CGI

• 3 months later...

The live-action mini-series that played on the Sci-Fi Channel ("

") was actually pretty good for stuff that usually played on that channel back then. Lots of really intricate CGI, good actors and accurate storytelling.

I liked that series too. Better than David Lynch -Dune movie..

Posted Image

I like the crappy original. Yes it's cumbersome, stiff and slightly incoherant in parts. But in some ways it's also very surreal and captures the otherwordly spirit effectively, especially if you watch it on grainy VHS like the copy that I have. There are some good vibes, costumes, sets and musical pieces.