Sheyba - Trance Africa Express Remix Competition

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've continued to remix the track as a part of Space Elves project. Somnesia is also involved in our mutual work, and the track is almost ready. Anyone interested in hearing it will probably have the preview ready as soon as I speak with Imba ;) 

I've continued to remix the track as a part of Space Elves project. Somnesia is also involved in our mutual work, and the track is almost ready. Anyone interested in hearing it will probably have the preview ready as soon as I speak with Imba ;) 

The remix takes shape :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's important to tell people as we have had 600+ downloads of the remix package but only 6 remixes uploaded to us. A bit of a let down so far.

It's not much. Can you prolong deadline for a month or more? I found this thread just now. :P

It's a sin to miss full time party :lol:

I want participate in it, and of course can spread info along active goa trance producers.

It's not much. Can you prolong deadline for a month or more? I found this thread just now. :P

It's a sin to miss full time party :lol:

I want participate in it, and of course can spread info along active goa trance producers.

We are going to stick to this deadline. We do not only want Goa remixes as this is what we only had so far. We like the remixes to more broad in genres. We'll see how things goes :)

goa wins :lol:

Yeah looks like it does BUT there will also be a few agreed remixes by established names (not Goa).

All in all we got 8 remixes in so we have dropped the idea of 3 winners as we do not feel the overall quality justify 3 winners. Instead there will be one Winner. There is a few gems though ;)

Announcement of the Winner will be published within the next two weeks.

Thanks for the artists who participated :)

That means no EP with 3 remixes + 1 original Sheyba's?

It means a digital release (no CD release) with:

1 Remix Competition Winner

1 New Sheyba Remix

2 Remixes from established names

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My opinion ... it isn't fair for all the guys that have made such an effort to make the remix now to tell them that there will not be 3 winners but only one :(

I believe you have also to ananounce the 2nd and the 3rd place of the winners ,even if you don't want to release their tracks to your ep in Flying Rhino

Hello!

My opinion ... it isn't fair for all the guys that have made such an effort to make the remix now to tell them that there will not be 3 winners but only one :(

I believe you have also to ananounce the 2nd and the 3rd place of the winners ,even if you don't want to release their tracks to your ep in Flying Rhino

With only 8 incoming remixes its impossible to pick 3 winners. And there also has to be a certain quality to the remixes. Fair or not this is how it's going to be. I don't see any reason why we should announce a 2nd and 3rd place too. It's not a popularity contest ;)

The announcement of the winner is coming very soon.

That's a really low amount of remixes for such a classic.. how much did you promote this thing?

Facebook, Myspace, Psynews, Isratrance, Psymusic UK and via Newsletters.

I just counted the downloads of the package. 534 unique downloads and only 8 remixes in. Bit of a letdown really. Especially when people had almost 2.5 month. But Ce La Vie :)