Artha - Influencing Dreams

Controled best track ever by Artha , about this version its very good but after that chilly 5:30 - 7:11 i don`t like it , becose after chill moment continue in grovy psychedelic ride , it will be much better to end there and if it is, then will be a masterpiece for closing album,dj set etc.etc.

The oter tracks that i like , Myscic Change (but the old unreleased version is somehow better), Saikol-pure bliss :) and Chaos (very good psychedelic goa )

again congrats to Cronomi and Artha for this good release

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hardly hear the skip on track 3, why would i care this album is to dam good!

good on you artha you have raised the bar once again, up to where those suntrip boys are hovering.

fantastic mastering colin thankyou, schuldty could not have done better.

WHO CAN BETTER THIS ALBUM THIS YEAR? HALLUCINOGEN 3 MAYBE?

I DON'T THINK IT CAN BE BEAT

NICE!!!!!!!!

GREATS TO ALL FROM DOWNUNDER!

P

Guest antic

fantastic mastering colin thankyou, schuldty could not have done better.

Ok, that does it. Do you really think that?! IMO this album, first three tracks in particular, has the worst mastering ever on a commercially released goa/psy CD. It is totally overdiven, squashed and unlistendable. There's no way one can listen to it on headphones - no matter the volume, it always sounds terribly loud. Too bad, because the music is quite OK, though far from the hype it receives.

:(

Concerning mastering, I think it was meant to sound that way and it still sounds a bit more laid back than Filteria. I like what I hear, it's crisp, sharp and clear.

Frankly speaking, this is the first release to challenge Suntrip in 6 years. Still, I like few tracks here, but seems like it's going in the right direction.

Every track is a masterpiece in my opinion. Extraordinaire. Utterly psychedelic and challenging atmospheres sounds effects melodies.

I actually think the mastering is exceptional. It's been a while since a whole album has had tracks that every sound has a defined and clear space in the music.

Can someone make a worthy 1st review? Please, I want to express my feelings in a review thread, but I find it hard to write a full review for this type of music. It all flows like butter and sounds fresh.

And this album deepens my hatred towards full-on - or most modern 'psychedelic' music -, both are considered psychedelic trance but the other blows so hard that it's not even funny, just sad.

It's very hard to try to top this album. Even with Crossing Mind's album(Which I'm eagerly waiting) coming, I'm almost certain Artha Influencing Dreams will remain #1. Can't think of a better way to start a new decade, really.

this is what it is about with us at Cronomi I guess; making not many CD's, but always a CD that can be remembered for long time :)

I hope my comp. will strike you as much: hard work is put :)

I can sense some kind of label war here, with comparisons with suntrip too in this thread. But this is not whats happening in the scene, so far each label has its own style:

Suntrip: Leans towards Filteria style music (which is quite undefineable for me, newschool for sure)

Phototropic: Bright Goatrance

Cronomi: Dark Goatrance

Sita, Ezel Ebed: Leans towards Nitzhonot

So every label has its own style so calling something good or bad just reflects personal preferences and says nothing about the quality of the music. It needs two labels of the same style to compare quality, but so far no such labels exist.

Can someone make a worthy 1st review? Please, I want to express my feelings in a review thread, but I find it hard to write a full review for this type of music.

Here's a review:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/58883-artha-influencing-dreams/page__pid__958984__st__0&&do=findComment&comment=958984

Some other comments:

"I really like what he's doing" (Colin OOOD)

"Sweet. Respect his authoritaah!" (Eric Cartman)

"As surprising as my election. Good stuff." (Barack Hussein Obama II)

"Wait, wha?" (Simon Posford)

"Not owning this album makes you Skazi's bottom biatch!" (Benedict XVI)

"Nice flow, but we can do better." (Astral Projection in a special interview from retirement home)

"Not 189 BPM enough". (Goa Gil)

Can someone make a worthy 1st review? Please, I want to express my feelings in a review thread, but I find it hard to write a full review for this type of music. It all flows like butter and sounds fresh.

funny, I was saying this too to Mike, two weeks after he sent me this album as a promo to me.

I said this is so hard to listen music, because it contains so extremally much! it's so very different from all new skool we have got in the last years. It took me two weeks to get intop the CD, now it comes more and more to me; it seems this music is so intelligent designed it just takjes time to understand it.

I also said Mike it that time I was afraid didn't going to like it, because it isn't an album easally digested by the mind. :)

About the mastering: I must say that the mastering here is really amazing. Colin did quite an excellent job. antic, I'm sorry to say that you're thinking this way but maybe because you're comparing this to pre 2000 goa which is under-compressed so it sounds to different and hard to get used to. If you listen to this album on it's own - you will realize how crisp it sounds, yet not being sterile (like most of the modern music). Besides - Colin only made the final touches, after all, most of the sound production is Artha's.

Other than that, I'm happy to see that the album is well received. :) Some said a "label war".

Well, I must say that I am actually happy to the positive response for this release (and also our other releases), but this is different than what the other labels release. It can't be compared to the nitzhonot of Sita and it can't be compared to the morning music of Suntrip - so it can't be better than any of it.

Also saying that what we release is "dark" is a bit misleading. Again, it's "darker" than the uber melodic nitzhonot and uber happy morning - but you still need to remember that we are not releasing Kox Box and Psyko Disko. I think that only Anakoluth and half of Freshly Cut Tomato can be considered as pure dark goa. But then again, who am I to define. :)

Anyway, stay tuned as more stuff is coming ahead.

Templar: :lol::lol::lol:

The album is finally here. As somebody stated before me, this one will take some time to get accustomed to. It sounds nothing like what I expected, which was an instant short-term turn off, but hopefully on longer notice, this will be a grower and eventually my initial preconceptions and prejudices will be left behind. I can sense quality and effort through and through, but I guess I wasn't ready for this.

Two fat thumbs up go to Cronomi. There is nobody doing anything even remotely similar to the last two releases you guys published. I guess "Influencing dreams" is a step above "People walk funny" which was already a vast improvement upon your freshman release, "Freshly cut tomato". I really you continue paving your own path, with a roster of fine artists, followed by dedicated fans and followers of what you do. Great job!

Anyways, I think you guys need to cut it with the whole alleged label war thing. Seriously, I hope I am part of minority who actually read that crap. Believe me, stuff like that makes you lose credibility points by the dozens, and makes one question your actual intention, apart that of spamming, naturally. Trust me, it is crap. Ergo, by writing crap, you yourself become identified with... You get it. You can't blame people for picking a bone with you if you turn an album promotion thread into a battle field. In a scene as small and restricted as this one, throwing around terms like label wars is redundant.

Second of all, why do I feel like I am the only non-geek "Hi, my name is rino and I don't know what mastering is" or "I have no idea what good mastering is supposed to sound like as opposed to weak mastering". When you guys party out, do you actually stand 70 feet away from the speakers and comment on treble frequencies and stuff? I really don't want to be disrespectful, but where did all these sound engineers come from? I wish I had some of you around my place when I was setting up my room hi-fi system. No wonder I can't get the best out of my music...

Guest antic

Second of all, why do I feel like I am the only non-geek "Hi, my name is rino and I don't know what mastering is" or "I have no idea what good mastering is supposed to sound like as opposed to weak mastering". When you guys party out, do you actually stand 70 feet away from the speakers and comment on treble frequencies and stuff? I really don't want to be disrespectful, but where did all these sound engineers come from? I wish I had some of you around my place when I was setting up my room hi-fi system. No wonder I can't get the best out of my music...

Nobody's perfect, you know? I've been involved - on different levels - in music making since 1988, so I know this and that, even though I'm not a pro. Try to listen to this on headphones: you'll immediately notice it's very aggresively mixed / mastered - sounds lot louder than many other CDs, high freq's are much more apparent, in dense segments sounds start to clash against eachother - these are clear signs of overcompression, a.k.a loudness war. I've heard some people say "I have nothing against loudness war, as long as I'm winning it", but Coiln was never such a person and few pages back I expressed my true admiration for his work as a musician and mastering engineer so far, therefore I'm dissapointed this time around... Though maybe it is true what Mike A said, that he only made final touches and the source material was like that?

But no sweat, I'll keep my mouth shut from now on. Enjoy the music, regardless of my geeky comments :)

Here's a review:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/58883-artha-influencing-dreams/page__pid__958984__st__0&&do=findComment&comment=958984

Some other comments:

"Nice flow, but we can do better." (Astral Projection in a special interview from retirement home)

don't forget infected mushrooms comments " where are the guitars and vocals! this aint goa!!!! <_<

Nobody's perfect, you know? I've been involved - on different levels - in music making since 1988, so I know this and that, even though I'm not a pro. Try to listen to this on headphones: you'll immediately notice it's very aggresively mixed / mastered - sounds lot louder than many other CDs, high freq's are much more apparent, in dense segments sounds start to clash against eachother - these are clear signs of overcompression, a.k.a loudness war. I've heard some people say "I have nothing against loudness war, as long as I'm winning it", but Coiln was never such a person and few pages back I expressed my true admiration for his work as a musician and mastering engineer so far, therefore I'm dissapointed this time around... Though maybe it is true what Mike A said, that he only made final touches and the source material was like that?

But no sweat, I'll keep my mouth shut from now on. Enjoy the music, regardless of my geeky comments :)

hey antic i have always respected your honesty and critical stance when others don't but dude just enjoy it!

Templar: :lol::lol::lol:

The album is finally here. As somebody stated before me, this one will take some time to get accustomed to. It sounds nothing like what I expected, which was an instant short-term turn off, but hopefully on longer notice, this will be a grower and eventually my initial preconceptions and prejudices will be left behind. I can sense quality and effort through and through, but I guess I wasn't ready for this.

Two fat thumbs up go to Cronomi. There is nobody doing anything even remotely similar to the last two releases you guys published. I guess "Influencing dreams" is a step above "People walk funny" which was already a vast improvement upon your freshman release, "Freshly cut tomato". I really you continue paving your own path, with a roster of fine artists, followed by dedicated fans and followers of what you do. Great job!

Anyways, I think you guys need to cut it with the whole alleged label war thing. Seriously, I hope I am part of minority who actually read that crap. Believe me, stuff like that makes you lose credibility points by the dozens, and makes one question your actual intention, apart that of spamming, naturally. Trust me, it is crap. Ergo, by writing crap, you yourself become identified with... You get it. You can't blame people for picking a bone with you if you turn an album promotion thread into a battle field. In a scene as small and restricted as this one, throwing around terms like label wars is redundant.

hey rino you geek :D

u going to azora? i thinking about trekking there from oz, show me around and i'll twiddle your nobs!!! :lol:

hey you guys especially you old school psynews veterans

remember when we were complaining about 4 or 5 years ago about how crap the scene was with full on etc!!!

look where we are now!!!

yay!!!!

Very exciting times. B)

Antic man, take it easy. I wasn't pointing any fingers (yet). I respect your opinion and you usually seem very reasonable and eloquent in your judgements and thoughts/opinions. I was just merely stating this irritating trend, and don't tell me you haven't noticed it, of people starting music reviews with "Oh it's a great release, but it could have been even greater if the sub bass department was toned down in favor of tweaking the bits and adequately manipulating the cutoff and resonator!" I mean, yay for phux sake. I don't remember one single site from "those days" where reviews of electronic music were included, and where people's main preocupation was overcompression and the loudness war - whatever those terms may be. So, once again, this isn't a fireball thrown in your direction, I usually enjoy reading your often insightful reviews, so don't cut my veins with Artha's CD man ;-)

hey rino you geek :D

u going to azora? i thinking about trekking there from oz, show me around and i'll twiddle your nobs!!! :lol:

Even if the world falls off its axis, I will be there. I will be seeing you as well, I hope.

But damn it, that is one hell of a trip. I guess the real adventure will be getting to Hungary on time and in one piece and not attending the festival!!!

Antic man, take it easy. I wasn't pointing any fingers (yet). I respect your opinion and you usually seem very reasonable and eloquent in your judgements and thoughts/opinions. I was just merely stating this irritating trend, and don't tell me you haven't noticed it, of people starting music reviews with "Oh it's a great release, but it could have been even greater if the sub bass department was toned down in favor of tweaking the bits and adequately manipulating the cutoff and resonator!" I mean, yay for phux sake. I don't remember one single site from "those days" where reviews of electronic music were included, and where people's main preocupation was overcompression and the loudness war - whatever those terms may be. So, once again, this isn't a fireball thrown in your direction, I usually enjoy reading your often insightful reviews, so don't cut my veins with Artha's CD man ;-)

Even if the world falls off its axis, I will be there. I will be seeing you as well, I hope.

But damn it, that is one hell of a trip. I guess the real adventure will be getting to Hungary on time and in one piece and not attending the festival!!!

i reckon, still trying to get the funds together to go, but with that line up i may have to rob a bank to get there

am still yet to witness a festival as grand as this in europe, will be the chance of a lifetime for me

working on it, let you know

greets from desert

p

Here's a review:

Some other comments:

Short, to the point and very funny everytime I read this... Skazi's bottom biatch :lol:

"Did I hear a rolling bassline in track two?" (asked God after Jesus explained what new(old)school is all about)

BTW I liked Technosommy's comment about Infected too :lol:

These are reviews that actually make you go buy records unless you are Skazi's bottom...well you know... :lol:

Thanx Artha for experimenting, don't really know what to think listening to the album...I think it has to grow on me... maybe because nothing else sounds like it (maybe Hallucinogen yes indeed) ;)

I finally gave it a longer listening today: Its a good selection of Artha tracks, and an Artha album really was about time!

The mastering is VERY loud, maybe the loudest release of 2010, there is too much treble (with 2db less it sounds fine), but generally it fits the style: Better have it in this way, otherwise it could sound too distant and weak. Its intense music with intense sound :)

The mastering is VERY loud

Just listened to it with studio headphones.. Didn't knew that I would notice this since I don't know a lot about mastering, but it's indeed true - it's really loud compared to other CD's or sources. But oh well, it's nothing that a volume button can't solve. :) The sound is crystal clear, and that's what is most important for music like this.

There has been said a lot about Artha's music, so I'm just going to say what I feel: this is actually one of the few newschool releases that I see growing to be a classic! I stand very critical to the 'second wave' artists, not because I think that nothing can bring back 90's music, but because I think that it can be better, that music needs more personality and variety! You want to tell something, not layering melodies every 32th beat (gotta be careful what I say though, since I'm trying to make music myself :D). And that is something that Influencing Dreams is certainly capable of - quite the understatement huh? Melodies, parts, a sound that stick in your head for days... Fantastic. I'm really impressed, it's been a long time that I was touched by a whole modern goa album, I think last time was Khetzal's Corolle. Hopefully I'll see him on a festival during the summer, I'm sure it'll be quite the trip... :)