Top Posters In This Topic

Yes indeed, it is out!

Available here:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8400

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/crm/crm1cd003.html

http://beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=5602

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/-/8/33/-/13953237/Influencing-Dreams/Product.html

http://www.goastore.ch/product_info.php?products_id=3792

Also available directly from Cronomi Records (useful if you live in either Israel or Belgium).

Excellent! Is it gonna be available as paid digital download at any point?

Maybe in the far future. Not anytime soon, anyway.

Guess what I'm holding in my hands right now, I LOVE OUR GERMAN POST :D

Ordered it wednesday morning, arrived thursday morning :-)

#edit:

The positive: Heard the first two tracks and OH MY GOD just how good are they?

The negative: I can't cleanly rip track 3, 6 and 7 with foobar2000's secure mode with twice CRC checking. It doesn't seem to be a problem with my cd drive though, the original CD also has at least one problem with the tracks, in track 3 "Chaos" it skips at 1:13. Anyone else has this problem? That's where you would like to have the digital release so those things can't happen... it finished ripping the track after it tried it for several times though. I'll listen to the tracks and see if there are other noticeably problems.

Seems like there is a problem with 1:13 @ track 3. Amazing how after listening to something so much you miss the little things. :)

Anyway, don't worry. The rest of the album is perfect and the music is more than amazing.

We will upload a fixed version of track 3 soon.

Seems like there is a problem with 1:13 @ track 3. Amazing how after listening to something so much you miss the little things. :)

Anyway, don't worry. The rest of the album is perfect and the music is more than amazing.

We will upload a fixed version of track 3 soon.

Ok this is very embarrassing and I want to apologise to Mike, Artha and anyone who has had their listening experience spoiled by this. As I write this, I have Chaos up on my mastering system to make a new version without the glitch.

An explanation...

Because my mastering chain includes analog processes, the final master of each track must be recorded in real-time. That glitch comes as a result of my current studio computer (single-core AMD XP3200+, 1GB RAM) not being powerful enough to run my mastering chain for a whole track without crapping out at some point. This means I have to listen carefully for glitches as it is being recorded, and when they appear I skip back to the beginning of that section so that it replays, hopefully without any more glitches. I therefore have to do a lot of editing on every track I master, chopping out the repeated parts with glitches to make an unglitchy version. I just must have missed that one. There is no excuse for something like this creeping through into the final version as both Mike and I checked each track carefully before the album went to manufacturing, and I am very sorry that this has happened. It's a fantastic album in my opinion, and all I wanted from the moment I heard the first track was to do everything I could to make Artha's music shine, so it's incredibly gutting for me to have been responsible for what I sincerely hope is the only error of its kind on the CD.

Although it won't help with Influencing Dreams, I have just invested about £1500 (more than every penny I have) into a new computer for the Stooodio (i7 930, 6BG RAM, SSD HDD, RME Hammerfall) which - when it's finally up and running! - will, I hope, make sure not only that glitchy mastering is a thing of the past for me, but that the final quality of my mastering is even higher.

Once again, I offer my apologies to Mike, Artha and everyone who bought this CD for my mastering glitch.

So, I wasn't into Goa in the 90's yet, so maybe some hardcore oldschool Goa lovers will disagree, but...

Really guys, I've listened to the album twice now and it is one of the best musical pieces I have ever owned. It has very interesting themes, not only soft and sunshine (not that I don't like this), and this with a super modern and great sounding production. Again, I wasn't into Goa ten years ago (I still like a lot of the stuff from then even though it sounds dated to me mostly), but if anyone thinks this album is not great then you can be sure you're biased and will never like anything else other than the oldschool stuff.

I'm a bit speechless, even with the clips, I didn't expect it to be just *this* good.

Thank you for the fixed version of Chaos. I only heard about Artha recently with his free EP, but when I heard about the album I had to get it as it's exactly what I was looking for: modern production, new school Goa trance with sense behind it :-)

So, I wasn't into Goa in the 90's yet, so maybe some hardcore oldschool Goa lovers will disagree, but...

Really guys, I've listened to the album twice now and it is one of the best musical pieces I have ever owned. It has very interesting themes, not only soft and sunshine (not that I don't like this), and this with a super modern and great sounding production. Again, I wasn't into Goa ten years ago (I still like a lot of the stuff from then even though it sounds dated to me mostly), but if anyone thinks this album is not great then you can be sure you're biased and will never like anything else other than the oldschool stuff.

I'm a bit speechless, even with the clips, I didn't expect it to be just *this* good.

this is what it is about with us at Cronomi I guess; making not many CD's, but always a CD that can be remembered for long time :)

I hope my comp. will strike you as much: hard work is put :)

Listened the Chaos track and...

TALK ABOUT MAKING GOA, PSYCHEDELIC AGAIN. Holy shit, seriously, these days nothing sounds like Artha. Wow. Interesting from beginning to end, trippy sounds.

I can't wait for my copy!