4. Saikol

5. Mystic Change

6. Vocal Distortion

7. Bali

8. Transfusion

9. Insidelamp

Release date: April 23rd, 2010.

Listen

Cronomi Records is proud and excited to present 'Influencing Dreams', the first full-length album by Polish producer Artha. For the last few years he has been teasing us all with occasional EP and compilation releases but now he unleashes the full force of his creativity on a world begging for music of substance. And what substance! Drivingly compulsive and intent on taking you places, this album has its roots deep in the early years of goa trance, with a flow and melodic exuberance not seen since the 90s. Artha's head is firmly in the twenty-first century however, and his production and sound design is as clean and intricate as the best of modern dance music.

This is music designed for travelling without moving, a dynamic and intensely psychedelic journey that picks you up and jams the doors of perception wide open before hurling you through. Artha doesn't hide his influences at all, and why should he; the scene has been asking for exactly this album since 1997. Today it seems only one man can provide the music so many have cried out for... Artha.

Let him influence your dreams.

Posted Image

All tracks written and produced by Michał Bączek.

Mastering by Colin Bennun (OOOD).

Artwork by Insidelamp.

Distributed by Arabesque Distribution.

Barcode: 5060147125306.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who aren't familiar yet with the Artha sound - you might want to check out "Fluori Dolby". That's a free 4 track download we released over here at Cronomi so you can have a taste.

Pick it up (as mp3, wav, or flac) here:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/58046-artha-fluori-dolby/

I guess the mastering is ready? ;) Bring on the CD, damn it! :D

I've been waiting a long time for this album to be finally released since "Controlled" caught my attention years ago. The track itself is something I could compare to Hallucinogen's "LSD" - of course not musically, because we are talking about two different tracks, but regarding their significance to the respective authors' discographies. It's great that it will appear in a modern version on this CD. I already had the opportunity to hear 6 out of 9 tracks presented here through years and I can tell everyone that this is what the doctor ordered. The final touch by Colin will also do them good.

Without any doubt Artha is one talented guy, delivering something that only a few can - good PSYTRANCE music. As the father of the album's title I'm proud to be a small part of this gem. :-)

Surely one of the most essential releases this year.

Guest antic

Hope the artwork will be much better than in the free E.P. Posted Image

Damn, it's even worse than I thought... :(

And Colin's mastering made it sound like another OOOD / VoC album, which is kind of good, but not what I expected. I think there's too much, too hollow bass there and the mids get all 'tuby' (as if you'd listen to it through a tube), which is nice as OOOD/VoC signature sound, but not necessarily fitting other artists...

Definitely going to buy the CD though, as the music seems to be very good.

Great work guys! :)

And Colin's mastering made it sound like another OOOD / VoC album, which is kind of good, but not what I expected. I think there's too much, too hollow bass there and the mids get all 'tuby' (as if you'd listen to it through a tube), which is nice as OOOD/VoC signature sound, but not necessarily fitting other artists...

Hmm... to put this in context, the last OOOD album I mastered was Breathing Space in 1999 (the first time I ever mastered anything, as it happens!), and the last Voice of Cod album I mastered was the first one, in 2005. My mastering may not be the best in the world but on hearing what I did for the EP, Artha himself asked Cronimi to get me to do the album without knowing Mike had already asked me to do it... so if the artist and label are both happy then I feel I can't be doing too badly. Not to mention the other feedback I've been getting recently. There's room for improvement though, always :) A lot depends on the original production, too; perhaps it's Artha's sound you don't like, not mine! :P

Don't forget the clips are only 128K as well, and encoding quality can vary with different encoders and different material; it's not impossible that if you heard the WAVs or the CD you might be pleasantly surprised.

Guest antic

Hmm... to put this in context, the last OOOD album I mastered was Breathing Space in 1999 (the first time I ever mastered anything, as it happens!), and the last Voice of Cod album I mastered was the first one, in 2005. My mastering may not be the best in the world but on hearing what I did for the EP, Artha himself asked Cronimi to get me to do the album without knowing Mike had already asked me to do it... so if the artist and label are both happy then I feel I can't be doing too badly. Not to mention the other feedback I've been getting recently. There's room for improvement though, always :) A lot depends on the original production, too; perhaps it's Artha's sound you don't like, not mine! :P

Don't forget the clips are only 128K as well, and encoding quality can vary with different encoders and different material; it's not impossible that if you heard the WAVs or the CD you might be pleasantly surprised.

Ok, I could have not been having my facts straight about your mastering work history ;)

But IMO the way Artha's mastering sounds is very similar to how you mix your (OOOD/VoC) tracks. In other words: from how the bass + hats sound, I could clearly say you had your hand on it, while I can't e.g. say the same on Tim Schuldt's work. Nothing wrong with it, since I LOVE that chunky OOOD/VoC sound, but my question is should the mastering engineer process other's work so much that he leaves his distinctive signature there?

I think that the cover is preety good.

In case it doesn't fit your style, don't let it take away from the music quality.

About the mastering - maybe the 128kbps samples make it sound worse - but the sound quality is amazing. Most of it is Artha's work of course, and Colin only did the final touches.

Anyway, I have no doubts that the final result will be great (and it is) and you have something to look forward to since it kicks ass so much. :)

Antic - with respect, until you've heard both mastered and unmastered versions of both these tracks and recent OOOD, you are in no position to tell me what I've made them sound like, as opposed to what was there already.

I'd be interested to know if you think the same of Disco Hooligan's albums, or the Anakoluth EP 'Beyond Reach', or the Zenon VA 'Sea of Vapors', or the Devils Mind VA 'Wasted Brigade'. Do they sound like OOOD too? Because I did nothing to Artha's music that I didn't try to do to these albums and EPs too.