Ormion

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which one you like the most?

• Goa Trance mostly
    • Psy Trance mostly
    • Goa Trance only
    • Psy Trance only
    • Both equally

Ok, this is kind of a stupid poll for many reasons.

I mean we don't really know where Goa ends and Psytrance begins. Also some ppl (including me) use the term Psytrance for all the genres including Goa, while others believe that Goa and Psy are the same thing since they're both terms that describe the whole Psy culture etc. etc. etc.

But everyone has in his mind what Goa and Psy is and how they are differ, so let's have this fun poll.

I vote both equally. I love them both. In fact my absolute fav style is Psychedelic Goa Trance. Something that takes the best of both styles and combine them together.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Psytrance mostly. I use to listen to goatrance mostly for the nostalgic feeling it has now. I don't listen to new goatrance, I can't get myself to like it.

When it comes to new school then psy wins easily for me too, but overall it's a tie.

To cut it extremely short in terms of my own listening experience:

Goa Trance

Pro: Melody

Con: Repetition in Genre

Psytrance

Pro: Variety

Con: No/less melody

If I listened to Goa exclusively I'd get a bit tired of some repetitive elements. If I listened to Psy exclusively I'd miss the melodies that Goa provides.

I love them both at various times and moods and feel they each compliment the other fantastically.

I pretty much need 'em both... (and other music of course)! I could/would never restrict myself to "musical solitude" :P if that even makes the slightest sense?!?!:ph34r:

But I have been listing to a lot of Goa(ish stuff) lately, but usually it oscillates for me, with periods from days till weeks! But generally I think its sort of ballanced, but who knows for sure?! Not me anyway!

To cut it extremely short in terms of my own listening experience:

Goa Trance

Pro: Melody

Con: Repetition in Genre

Psytrance

Pro: Variety

Con: No/less melody

If I listened to Goa exclusively I'd get a bit tired of some repetitive elements. If I listened to Psy exclusively I'd miss the melodies that Goa provides.

I love them both at various times and moods and feel they each compliment the other fantastically.

+1 Spot on.

Its both equally for me, when it comes to pure trance, to giving you that "feeling", nothing comes close to some vintage oldskool goa. And I find goa is better for home listening too. Psy is great to dance to, for the energy.

I voted Psytrance mostly. I use to listen to goatrance mostly for the nostalgic feeling it has now. I don't listen to new goatrance, I can't get myself to like it.

I feel similarly, especially about new Goa trance. Hard to like it, although I appreciate the spirit. Still, I have lots of Goa faves that I often dig out because it's simply good music to my ears. But that was an era, and things have moved on.

Mostly the classics. I guess my brain was in an exceptionally malleable state when I first came in contact with this music, since it's very hard to like stuff that's new to me. Pure psytrance always came off as lazy and effect-driven, to be honest.

But then again I like italo disco :rolleyes:

The whole debate about psytrance versus Goatrance is pointless as those two "genres" basically originate from the same source and melted together from day one. You even visit a community called "Psynews" - not Goanews ;)

Who disagreed with that?

Well a poll is basically a debate about what's best. And when psy and goa is the same with microscopic differences then how can you choose what's best?

Ok, this is kind of a stupid poll for many reasons.

I mean we don't really know where Goa ends and Psytrance begins. Also some ppl (including me) use the term Psytrance for all the genres including Goa, while others believe that Goa and Psy are the same thing since they're both terms that describe the whole Psy culture etc. etc. etc.

But everyone has in his mind what Goa and Psy is and how they are differ, so let's have this fun poll.

So explain to me what's the point of this poll? :)

Look closer:

so let's have this fun poll

this fun poll

fun

So explain to me what's the point of this poll? :)

People have in their minds what Psy and what Goa is.

For you psy and goa is the same with microscopic differences.

For others Psy and Goa are like day and night.

For some others are the exact same thing.

For me Psy includes Goa, but still have differencies.

As long there are ppl who believe that psy and goa are not the same or pretty similar this poll could work.

And :lol: @ Rotwang and Mise!