The Road.

Caffein:me

About a month ago, A friend took me to the movies. i would never imagine my friend to buy tickets for the road.

The Road - Imdb.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A post-apocalyptic tale of a man and his son trying to survive by any means possible.

Almost 2 hours long (111) minutes with a very slow plot, it seems unending at times, depressing beyond anything i've ever watched.

I felt the movie lasted 3 hours, and at times felt i was bored; but its one of the most emotionally conveying movies without stepping in a big pile of Cliché dung.

one of the most beautiful acting i've ever seen, imagining the scenarios as they were depicted in the movie couldn't be more real if it were to happen to us.

Throughout the movie you're left with a big what.

I have alot of mixed feelings about this movie, and for me Movies have never been an artform which i can enjoy on the same levels as other artforms.

I need some more action and suspense and this movie left me deprived without.

i give it a 5/10

• 4 weeks later...

I liked this film. It was slow at times but poignant. Sure, the survival scenes closest to the beginning, such as the guy pissing and cannibal scene were most intense, suspenseful, and horrifying. But that didn't stop me from caring about the film. The pacing was fairly slow. More energy could have been injected into the second half. But I believed the father and son relationship, and felt that the boy did a good job. It would have been nice to know WHAT happened for the world to become so post-apocalyptic. Obviously a major, cataclismic event occurred, either war, virus, plague or otherwise.

This film reminded me (to some degree) to Children Of Men which I found more engaging overall, but the characters were more developed in The Road (which I preferred) relative to characters. The Road has an even narrower sliver of hope than Children Of Men, which could have taken place after (Children of Men). It travels into a world where the economy is destroyed. Money is non existent. We lose these perceived things such as oil, gas and electric, things that are just things that we often take for granted. It strips these perceptions down to the bone and shows what many people would really care about: Food. Survival. Shelter. In that sense I felt the film did a good job depicting a reality that we're not far from if we continue down a path filled with growing deficits, war, and self-absorbed behavior.

3 out of 4 stars from me.

• 1 month later...

Can't wait to see this when it arrives on DVD, missed it at the movies. May 28th release date in Aus. Have not read the book which is supposed to be much better.

Watched Children of Men in anticipation this last weekend. 2nd viewing.

• 3 weeks later...

it's a good movie, very good at some points, also some terrifying scenes that really worked for me

however, it got bad towards the end and the ending itself was so fundamentally wrong (not gonna explain why because of spoilers)

overall it's still very much worth it

• 3 months later...

A quite realistic end-of-time, apocalyptic movie. Slow-paced but good nonetheless. Different from other Hollywood productions though I haven't seen much of them lately. I liked the idea of not knowing what happened before the story actually started. Excellent photography, no special FX(that I know of), shot on location which contributed a lot to the credibility of the story. I cannot not think of anything bad except for the lack of action but even this has it advantage, it has no real horror in it but it's creepy. If you want your apocalyps to be realistic and intriguing then this could be one to watch for you.