New School Goa Trance Discography (2002/3 - )

Somazoid

Hi!

I came up with a discography concerning new school goa trance releases to promote my favourite psy genre. I plan to update it regularly but some releases my slip my attention so you can help with the updates whenever it needs. I'm also open to suggestions on how to improve my list. I have some ideas for this 'project' but unfortunately I'm really busy nowadays.

I know that people argue a lot about definitions of genres and stuff so in this topic you may discuss whether or not a certain release belongs to this list.

http://www.listology.com/somazoid/list/new-school-goa-trance-discography

A lot of people may say that the new stuff does not carry the magic of the old...

but I say bollocks... the new stuff is truly good, complex and carries the spirit of the Old School.

Truly enjoyable, memorable, danceable, and trip-able.

Great stuff.

Thanks for this project.

Long live Goa - new or old.

604ever

Interesting project. I suggest scanning Ektoplazm for a few more that you may have missed:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/style/goa/

(Of course, these things are subjective so you might have already had a look and decided not to include some of these which is OK!)

Yeah, Ektoplazm is among the first sites I visit every day and managed to listen to most of the releases labelled as 'goa'. I really enjoy the music of Ka-Sol, Xamanist, Talpa, Jikkenteki or SubConsciousMind but decided not to include them in the list. Yeah, it's really subjective like you said. But I may have second thoughts in the future. ;) And there are still releases I've not checked because of lack of time.

There are some artists that give me the headache when deciding what to include or not. For example, GoAcid (Dimensao Extendida). His music is very dark & psychedelic like Xamanist's and I'm still not sure about it. But I'm trying to be more consistent.

A lot of people may say that the new stuff does not carry the magic of the old...

but I say bollocks... the new stuff is truly good, complex and carries the spirit of the Old School.

Truly enjoyable, memorable, danceable, and trip-able.

Great stuff.

Thanks for this project.

Long live Goa - new or old.

604ever

I truly agree with you: there are lots of memorable releases/tracks these days and of course several other artists that sound pretty formularic to me, which I'm not in favour of particularly.

Why do you need such big letters in that list? Is this some kind of a joke?

Joke? :blink: Not at all! I received another very similar complaint from a friend the other day. It may be a browser specific problem. But I'm trying to do something about it. This is how I see my list in my browser:

Posted Image

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Compilation-2/release/421351

Cyberion - Strange Signals! Great newschool on an otherwise pretty weak Psytrance comp.

Yeah, pretty sweet track indeed, this was new to me. Thank you very much! Reactivating Contact is another solid compilation piece I found today (YouTube Related Videos...).

Posted Image

OK, the problem is in html.

h2 size is 125%

if you put h2 into h2 <h2><h2></h2></h2> it becomes bigger. If you do it 100 times, it becomes fucking huge.

This can be solved by proper formatting, but I suggest editing this thread's first post and putting the list there.

Posted Image

OK, the problem is in html.

h2 size is 125%

if you put h2 into h2 <h2><h2></h2></h2> it becomes bigger. If you do it 100 times, it becomes fucking huge.

This can be solved by proper formatting, but I suggest editing this thread's first post and putting the list there.

I managed to solve the problem, needed proper formatting indeed. I'll think over your suggestion but right now I'm hesitating concerning this issue.

You mispelled "Chronomi" over there.

Oops! You're right!

Actually that post gave me the idea to make this list.

Does anyone know anything about Buddha Mantra Records' compilation called Cosmic Disorder? I can see a Pandemonium track in the tracklist. Does this compilation contain some (other) goa trance tracks? (According to discogs it does.) I suppose they may be the minority but I'd like to include them in the list if there's any to include at all.

Mysterious Wizard is also on Jelly Marbles (pretty nice track as well if I remember correctly ;) ) so probably also Goa... but the description on record labels web site says that CD1 is ranging from morning psy to Goa.. so?!

Yeah, probably that is also goa trance. It would be nice to know it for sure. I completely forgot about that artist. :rolleyes:

Those releases that contain less than 50% goa trance tracks are categorized into 'Other albums/compilations/EPs'. There are also free releases as legal downloads in the list and most of them are linked so you can download them free of charge.

Track no. 8 (Project Shidartha - Secrets Of The Mayan Orbs)

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/entities/

;)

Track no. 8 (Project Shidartha - Secrets Of The Mayan Orbs)

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/entities/

;)

Nice compilation, thank you very much. I really enjoyed this song & Musica Ex Machina's track (I wonder if 'To Go Behind' can be described as goa trance but I included it in my list anyway). I got interested in their music so next thing to do is to check out their MySpace page. Vule & Atombased were my cup of tea too. Thanks again! Posted Image

You should add

Odd Gravity - Sailing in the Cosmic Directions part 1 - Vicissitudes of Nonpareil Time

http://www.darkapugg...com/online.html

to your list :)

another great free new school release!

ED

the last couple of tracks are a bit more old school psy-trancy, well it's not really possible to pigeon-hole, but I believe it will fit on your list ;)

Edited by Drosophila

You should add

Odd Gravity - Sailing in the Cosmic Directions part 1 - Vicissitudes of Nonpareil Time

ED

the last couple of tracks are a bit more old school psy-trancy, well it's not really possible to pigeon-hole, but I believe it will fit on your list ;)

No hate or anything but that doesn't sound very much like goa-trance imo

No hate or anything but that doesn't sound very much like goa-trance imo

well.. it's sort of in the blending zone, for me, and yes it's not classic goa trance.. but still sounds like old skool psy/goa trance to me :) tracks 4-6 are psy-trance definitely...

Nice compilation, thank you very much. I really enjoyed this song & Musica Ex Machina's track (I wonder if 'To Go Behind' can be described as goa trance but I included it in my list anyway). I got interested in their music so next thing to do is to check out their MySpace page. Vule & Atombased were my cup of tea too. Thanks again! Posted Image

No problem, 'njoy ;)

List should be updated with VA - Trilogy (The Soundfly), released on Unicorn Music. It's a 1st class Uplifting compilation with at least one track undebatably definable as Goa, Crucifix vs. Mendark - Cry Of A Fallen Angel.

Also, in 2008, a free album of Pan Psychic was released through Sun Station Records, and it contains at least two newschool tunes! Vishnu Avatars & In Suspend, uu yeah baby!

List should be updated with VA - Trilogy (The Soundfly), released on Unicorn Music. It's a 1st class Uplifting compilation with at least one track undebatably definable as Goa, Crucifix vs. Mendark - Cry Of A Fallen Angel.

Also, in 2008, a free album of Pan Psychic was released through Sun Station Records, and it contains at least two newschool tunes! Vishnu Avatars & In Suspend, uu yeah baby!

Yeah, I've got that song and it's undebatably goa trance, a really good one anyway. Thanks, I forgot about that too. I haven't got the rest of the compilation unfortunately...

And another one that slipped my mind! I've got that album from Ektoplazm and really like it because of its diversity. Those two songs have great new school vibes indeed so I added them to the list. Thanks again, Agneton! Posted Image

You should add

ED

Thanks, I'll go and check it out. :)