DAT Recs

Wooow what a great news :D:D Crossing mind attacking on earth , in one mounth one track will be released and in several whole album , briliant briliant :D:D

Congrats Draeke ur doing very good job with DAT Rec:)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Draeke,

Have you ever listened about ultrabeat records?

http://web.archive.o.../ub/default.asp

ftp://ftp.innerverse.com/

They had some great tunes, there are some gems that deserve a proper release Posted Image

It would be nice if you could get in touch with some of the artists and make a darkish goa compilation or something

Posted Image

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=MODhks0ROsg

Ps: I want, I need more dark goa Posted Image

i know very well ultrabeat, actually i added myself half the releases on discogs ;).

Their stuff though, is too poor in production to be released nowadays.

Don't forget that 90% of the music they released was made with trackers, and that there is scarce chance that a remastering would bring the tracks "out". In all honesty there are so many tracks that i would love to release that for now ultrabeat is not really an option.. but, i will consider re listening to their whole production to see if something can be saved for the future.

If you want dark goa, wait for toi doi... if everything goes well i will release his super wicked old material ;).

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was talking with Dan from Electronic Dreamplanet (EDP) and he told me that have a lot of unreleased material from 90s, also unreleased album and they planning to release it!

Last few months im not in touch with him.

Releases:

http://www.discogs.com/EDP-Spiritual-Hallucination/release/164008

http://www.discogs.com/Electronic-Dreamplanet-Syndrome-State-Of-Mind/master/174735

I hope you know both releases, they are great!

Also they was enginners on most Miranda's tracks.

If you are interested contact them on:

http://www.myspace.com/electronicdreamplanet

http://www.electronicdreamplanet.com/

Hope you will like idea and help these boys...

Speak soon :)

Imba , Dan is on it? http://www.discogs.com/Miranda-Phenomena/release/27187 it was just the engeenering?

Nah, he wrote most of the trax on the first album too. In each case that's what he's stating on his Myspace...it's kinda sad since she's like one of the only female Goa producers and this imo was her best album...and it's produced by a guy :P

Nah, he wrote most of the trax on the first album too. In each case that's what he's stating on his Myspace...it's kinda sad since she's like one of the only female Goa producers and this imo was her best album...and it's produced by a guy :P

Agneton, Dan was his boyfriend? :P

I think Miranda was a lot participated in this album, but where are the evidence? show me the evidence , i dont believe you... :ph34r:

Hey niggaz, dont shit :lol:

Personaly i spoke with Dan last year and he told me that he was just engineer and done mix and pre-master. Miranda wrote everything, he just fixed bad sounds :)

Hey niggaz, dont shit :lol:

Personaly i spoke with Dan last year and he told me that he was just engineer and done mix and pre-master. Miranda wrote everything, he just fixed bad sounds :)

Waaaaaa ! :D Love you my Bro :) i'm so happy :) i'm a big fan of Miranda ;) !

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

a small update:

I am moving for a little while to London, ideally till Xmas but possibly I'll be back sooner or.. later. You never know.

That means that I will not process more orders at least for September on the DAT web-store and i will disable it from tomorrow late evening.

So if you want to purchase something from my label (have you guys got your original copies of crossing mind yet?) or the store in general do it today 30 or max 31 of august. I will ship it the 1st in the morning before leaving for the airport.

If things will get serious abroad I will reopen the shop and instruct my brother to process and deliver cd for you guys.

Just probably I will require paypal payments only so that it would be easier to check the payments and organize shipping.

As for the rest, DAT Rec won't close of course but as usual after an album I take my time to gather the ideas, wait for some incomes and plan carefully the next release. As a one band label (but with lot of help from other people like Mars) I really can't be as productive as Suntrip but I also like the idea of 1 cd a year or maximum 2.

But some news i want to share that will make you guys very happy: It's very possible that I will go to Ibiza before Xmas as guest at etnica's home to discuss a lot of tings about their unreleased stuff. I seriously spoke with Max over phone and there is much to be done and much to be saved. The possibilities of unleashing some jewels could possibly be there but we will have to see, so don't jump to conclusions yet, a LOT has to be planned and discussed : )

Having said that, in the pipeline i have as TO DO at all costs: a TOI DOI album of old stuff, a Greek VA with Infinite Zen (or possibly a full album of this genius), Magus and all these super l33t hyper melodic tracks that nowadays are kept alive only in Greg Staikos amazing web-radio shows, a super secret surprise of a famous oldschool artist (can't unleash the name yet but its a big release if it were to come true) and finally a recollection of rare and unreleased tracks from artists such as Jaia, Mushroomman, Dimension 5, and the list could literally go on and on and on but we will see.

if you guys are curious about the web-radio shows of Greg go here: http://life892.com/

Tune in at 23 (Greece time) and you will hear some monster unreleased played most of the times... highly recommended.

Best Regards

Draeke

l33t = elite = special, magnificient, awesome. u name it :). Basically i want to release the music Greg plays in his radio shows that is psychedelic to the bone but ALL unreleased. I spoke to him already many times and listened to many of his sets, all the tracks i asked about were unreleased.

conclusion: the future looks bright for goa trance! :) Some of the names you talked about are simply amazing, so we can be sure the next years more great goodies will see the daylight! Great! :)

and you move to London? Interesting for getting you to Belgian parties... :P

• 1 year later...

It's about time I make a proper announcement and today is the day.

After long hours ripping DAT tapes, some discussions, and the help of my network of close friends I can finally announce that I signed the deal, this year on DAT Records a double CD will be released, Etnica it is. I am extremely pleased to announce this :). More news very soon now, but it is real!!

Be ready for a great trip!

Edited by draeke

It's about time I make a proper announcement and today is the day.

After long hours ripping DAT tapes, some discussions, and the help of my network of close friends I can finally announce that I signed the deal, this year on DAT Records a double CD will be released, Etnica it is. I am extremely pleased to announce this :). More news very soon now, but it is real!!

Be ready for a great trip!

Great! thanks for all the hard work Draeke, it sure is worth it! ;)