DAT Recs

Hi everyone, I know some of you wants to know what's boiling and what's going to be the next release.

First thing: I am discussing with etnica the possibility of releasing a double cd that would blast if it comes true. I am speaking of the very sought after live in Athens '96 for CD1 and a selection of their best unreleased tracks for CD2. Now it's still early to properly announce this release as there are no contracts signed nor any deals made but I think is fairly possible it would come true.

Some other good news are that I am contacting and speaking with some producers from back then and so far I was able to track down Moebus (a uk project that made some great goa tracks back then), M.A.N. (the guys had some great tracks back then) and.... drums rolling....: TOI DOI! For Real. These are all projects for the future but if anything I have at least created a connection.

Wish me good luck for these upcoming releases wink.gif. If all goes well we will enjoy some gourmet goa trance from the 90s!

Cheers everyone!

PS: we still haven't found any email contact for crossing mind but i am positive sometimes soon we will (me and mars searching)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and.... drums rolling....: TOI DOI! For Real. After endless researches I could finally have a word with him and he agreed to release his super rare old psychedelic forgotten monsters (the tracks mentioned on the unreleasedgoa page on discogs and that were played by Gil back in 98-00 in Goa).

I'm not sure if there are proper words to describe how happy this news makes me feel.

Thumbs up! :)

hello DAT records :-)

I wish you all the best of the world with getting ETNICA's oldskool stuff released! I am SURE it will be a blast!!!

Toi Doi and the others will ofcourse be very worthed so i'm confidend i'll find those in my mailbox any time soon ;)

About Crossing Mind, if you ever find out who that person is (as far as I know he was French, but then again its looking for a needle in a heystack) you can please yourself very lucky, as it seems to me this artist isn't busy anymore with his crossing mind goa trance project... or he would have found us already. But still, i'll pray you'll find him and get his stuff released! :)

Whish you the best of luck!

Vempy

Whatever happened to the Artha EP or for that matter the album release?

Congrats on the big plans in the future. I don't think there could be any better news.

Any word on maybe getting Colorbox back into the game? I thought he had resurfaced a short while ago.

Mdk

Thanks for the warm feedback as usual :).

About crossing mind, is surely an extinct project or he would have appeared somewhere but we can still hope he is doing ok and that he wouldn't mind about releasing his old material :). About Toi Doi it was a long dream of mine to obtain his material and now that I can even publish it... even better! It all started as a personal research for magical music but then one thing led to another and here I am with my small label (but growing!). About Colorbox, I don't really know, I never was a big fan of his productions but maybe I could feature one track in a compilation if it is great, I don't leave the option out. In fact there are certain artists that I must try to release a whole disc of material at least but some others can get their best old unreleased on a compilation eventually!.

So I hope to have soon some confirmations about these projects and I will keep you posted!

Thanks for the warm feedback as usual :).

About crossing mind, is surely an extinct project or he would have appeared somewhere but we can still hope he is doing ok and that he wouldn't mind about releasing his old material :). About Toi Doi it was a long dream of mine to obtain his material and now that I can even publish it... even better! It all started as a personal research for magical music but then one thing led to another and here I am with my small label (but growing!). About Colorbox, I don't really know, I never was a big fan of his productions but maybe I could feature one track in a compilation if it is great, I don't leave the option out. In fact there are certain artists that I must try to release a whole disc of material at least but some others can get their best old unreleased on a compilation eventually!.

So I hope to have soon some confirmations about these projects and I will keep you posted!

Last year I contacted CROSSING MIND about his old tracks. I contacted him via a French website (unfortunately, I don't have his e-mail). I have just sent him a message through the French website (I have given him DAT Rec's e-mail).

Stef (Crossing Mind) is a very friendly person. I hope he will be interested in this great project. He has several excellent tracks! :)

Kosmogony that would be so great if he wrote!

I have not received any email from him so far though.

But if you have any informations about him please let me know as itseems you had contacts as you write he is friendly :).

Great, it gets better and better.

Kosmogony that would be so great if he wrote!

I have not received any email from him so far though.

But if you have any informations about him please let me know as itseems you had contacts as you write he is friendly :).

Great, it gets better and better.

Great news!! I have received a reply from Crossing Mind. He is interested in this project and he will contact Draeke. :)

Great news!! I have received a reply from Crossing Mind. He is interested in this project and he will contact Draeke. :)

woohoooooww!!! Thats the best news i've heard in years!!! =)

txs alot Kosmogony! :)

Sounds like good things are brewing, best of luck draeke :D I really admire your persistence!

Any word on maybe getting Colorbox back into the game? I thought he had resurfaced a short while ago.

Mdk

I have talked to one of the colorbox brothers (bypass unite) and doesn't sound like he has much interest in the scene any more... :( I hope he changes his mind. I am not sure about the other brother, I might meet him in the spring, so I could ask :P

woooow this etnica and toi doi news makes my head spin :D you're doing an awesome job with DAT recs draeke, I salute you :D

Btw, @trance2moveu, wasn't cronomi going to release artha and not DAT? ;) Download available btw!!

Hunab Ku is not on my "to do" lists, it was really hard for SunTrip to manage to release Dimension 5 and i have a lot of new inputs from many nice artists, so if anything it will happen in a future very far away... let's say after DATCD10 AT LEAST (yes i have many CDs planned in my head) ;). Thanks to kosmogony for his finding too! (seems both you and another guy found him at the same time! amazing)

After Crop Circles and BPC, you're planning to give us Etnica, Toi Doi, Crossing Mind, ... ?!?

I wish you the very best of luck and when listening to to those future releases, I will bow my head for you!!!

Could it be that "Goa" is about to resurface......like a phoenix out of its ashes?

*happy happy* :-)