Goa

Tom!

i am drunk now and listening to this:

"That's tacky. That's really tacky."

Man, I haven't heard that in a long time. I remember that being my favorite on the album by far. Didn't really like the rest of the album. It didn't have the depth or intensity of, say, Darshan.

If you're looking for some actual labels, consider any of the following:

Phototropic Records

Cronomi Records

Ezel Ebed Records

Moonquest Records

Sita Records

Kagdila Records (Pure Planet series, Liquid Flow album)

Ultiva Records (Suncokreti CD)

Elxis Discographic

Man, I haven't heard that in a long time. I remember that being my favorite on the album by far. Didn't really like the rest of the album. It didn't have the depth or intensity of, say, Darshan.

:o u can't mean that??! :P

I personally think that album has plenty of depth (sound-wise) like Darshan - Awakening has, especially compared to many release of the same era... I really like Witchcraft :rolleyes:

Phototropic Records

Cronomi Records

Ezel Ebed Records

Moonquest Records

Sita Records

Elxis Discographic

+1

:o u can't mean that??! :P

I personally think that album has plenty of depth (sound-wise) like Darshan - Awakening has, especially compared to many release of the same era... I really like Witchcraft :rolleyes:

Depth, I agree, is subjective. I was talking about emotional, analytical and technical depth, which it lacks. What it does have, which I think greatly contributed to its hype, is a cool artist name, a cool album name, and, especially, a cool, prestigious work of art as a cover.

Depth, I agree, is subjective. I was talking about emotional, analytical and technical depth, which it lacks. What it does have, which I think greatly contributed to its hype, is a cool artist name, a cool album name, and, especially, a cool, prestigious work of art as a cover.

Well each to their own ;) I really could not agree with that description... but yes everything is subjective!

but analytical/technical depth...?! if that is lacking I would that would go most trance :rolleyes: not really sure I think such a terms makes any sense really... care to explain what you mean?

and on the hype note... pretty silly statement! u might just not like his style...

"Analytical/technical depth": The ability to translate ideas and "heart" into technical, electronic, aural reality in a way that transcends itself experientially. In other words, it doesn't transport. It's not a 1+1=3 experience. It's too transparent, and when one can see the stitching of the structure, one gets distracted from a potentially transcending, transporting experience. Darshan was able to pull it off, which is why I mentioned him, as an artist of a similar time period with a similar sound (unadorned, darkish Goa).

But really, don't mind me. Although we share similar musical interests, we probably listen to music differently. And I take issue with some albums I feel have been overhyped, which generally destroys the experience of that music for others. Deviant Electronics' Blunt Instruments is another great example of an album that was okay, but keeps being brought up as the prototype breakbeat album in our genre.

• 3 weeks later...

Phototropic Records

Cronomi Records

Ezel Ebed Records

Moonquest Records

Sita Records

Elxis Discographic

+1

And I'll add Underground Alien Factory Records as well

check em out at http://uafrecords.webs.com/releases.htm

Seriously great new Goa stuff

604ever

thanks guys! :D

Got the cronomi CDs up to now - looking forward to 003 though :D

Shouldn't be too long.

As of now, everything is complete - artwork and mastering. Now it's just technicalities!