1200 Micrograms

Bob F'n Barker

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if a 1200 Mics album will be out soon and if it does, I wouldn't expect the same psytrance goodness we're used to. Riktam and Bansi have really been concentrating on techno lately while Raja Ram has been working with Simon Posford on the Shpongle project.

God I hope not, the last 1200 Mics album was an insulting bitch slap to their fans! I don't care that an artist changes their style, that's up to them but to just make such a half hearted attempt at an album with the same track on it twice was just pathetic :rant:

That was few years ago... but now!

Look what Bizzare Contact made before 6-7 years. '7 days' track was hymn and still is, now is some funky shit. Alternative Control too, first album was killer and now second will be electro-house-tech :S

God I hope not, the last 1200 Mics album was an insulting bitch slap to their fans! I don't care that an artist changes their style, that's up to them but to just make such a half hearted attempt at an album with the same track on it twice was just pathetic :rant:

Your review was...um..not kind. :P

Mdk

I still say 1200 Mics is [some of] the best psytrance around

I agree... and I didn't think the last album was all that bad. Not one of their best. But decent. Sadly, though it looks as if they're going the same direction as everyone else... Selling their souls to the gods of techno to "reach a broader audience."

I agree... and I didn't think the last album was all that bad. Not one of their best. But decent. Sadly, though it looks as if they're going the same direction as everyone else... Selling their souls to the gods of techno to "reach a broader audience."

+1

I dig 1200 Mics - and while I do like techno, the overuse of techno elements making its way into everything these days is getting old.

What can I say about Raja though? I like him and I'll support a new record. (Would really prefer it to be some very psychedelic stuff though) :)

Didn't they have a new track on a tip compilation, was it any good??

Magic Numbers was kinda lame (mostly the last track <_< )... But they've done some great work in the past, I'd be interested to hear new cd anyway if they decide to.

I haven't heard it yet. But I'm glad to see Tip World back in action. They seem to be sticking with that old school Goa vibe, so who knows?