Lost Season 6

Lemmiwinks

OK I know I've complained a bit about the plot twists in Lost but I still can't resist the urge of seeing how it all unfolds. Season 6 (and final) is scheduled to start next week and I'm already spending my time pondering how is it all gonna end. (well my personal bet is that the finale won't really explain much after all or the explanations given won't be convincing, kindof a "WHAT??? all this for that?" moment, still I'm eager to find out :))

Sneak peak of the 1st episode of the season: Julliet dies and the John Locke impersonator is really the smoke monster!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been so long I don't even remember what was going on and hardly care. They really screwed up with the way they aired it.

Didn't Juliet die at the end of the last season? And I don't remember a Locke impersonator.

It's been so long I don't even remember what was going on and hardly care. They really screwed up with the way they aired it.

Didn't Juliet die at the end of the last season? And I don't remember a Locke impersonator.

Well yeah she died at the end but then again Locke was supposed to be dead at the end of season 4 as well (actually he WAS dead, he was just impersonated by some sort of spirit, check out the season 5 finale to remember ;) )

Never been more excited in my life!

Yeah baby, yeah!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!! :D :D :D

Ok possible personal theories after I watched the premiere.

-It turned out that the guys who said that Jacob's nemesis is the smoke monster is true. I wasn't 100% convinced, cause I believed that the smoke monster is possibly an assiocate of Jacob's nemesis.

-I think is also true the thing I said after the finale of season five. Smoke monster can only possess the bodies of those who died outside of the island, which means the bodies of Jack's father and Locke. He's the one who wanted John to move the island, so he teleported out of it and then through manipulations return dead and possess his body. But why Locke? Like I said before since Locke was special (he managed to walk on the island) the others would eventually made him their leader and as leader he could go to were Jacob lives. Of course this won't answer the next question: Why the monster didn't use Ben as a possible vessel, since he teleported outside of the island first? Too hard to kill him?

-Richard was obviously a slave on board of Black Rock. When Eleana called him Ricardus in the finale of season 5 I knew he was on Black Rock. When the monster told him that finally he sees him without the chains I'm sure he meant that.

I also believe that Richard (or possibly many others) stayed young be using the source where Sayid was taken. (The same source where Ben was taken when he was shot, remember?) Now that I think of is it a coincidence that both Sayid and Ben went to that source?

-We finally found out the ash circles' purpose. They are protection circles from the monster. And when someone broke the ash circle around Jacob's cabin, Jacob went to live under the foot and the monster taking the form of Jack's father triggered the whole move-the-island plan. That's also explain why Jacob was imprisoned in both the cabin and the foot room.

-I also believe that the incident create two paraller universes-realities. The one where they are still on the island and the other where the plane never crashed. Jack seems to be the only one who has a memory of his lost life. I'm sure that these two realities will eventually merged together.

-I have one more. When the monster said I wanna go home I don't think he meant the outside the world. But to his original reality. I believe that both him and Jacob are gods (Egyptian ones maybe) fallen and imprisoned in this island. Possibly for doing something wrong?

I still have to wait until tuesday to watch the season premiere Posted Image

But finally there will be something interesting to watch on TV at nights. Posted Image

@Ormion: Man, you definitely are a real fan of Lost. How is it that you can remember and be aware of many little details? it seems that I just ignore them and they are the key to fully (at least, from one's own point of view) understand the show.

interesting... although I'm getting the feeling that (as always) the producers are just adding plot twists for the sake of it (like WTF is that Japanese priest doing there?? and yeah right, a fucking Hydrogen bomb explodes next to Juliet's face and she's still alive??). Also, the whole parallel reality thing is pretty wierd, I mean if we go that way, then shouldn't there be some parallel reality every time one of the main carachters make a big decision?

Ah well, I'm hooked, I guess I'll have no other alternative than to watch it all till the end :)

interesting... although I'm getting the feeling that (as always) the producers are just adding plot twists for the sake of it (like WTF is that Japanese priest doing there?? and yeah right, a fucking Hydrogen bomb explodes next to Juliet's face and she's still alive??). Also, the whole parallel reality thing is pretty wierd, I mean if we go that way, then shouldn't there be some parallel reality every time one of the main carachters make a big decision?

Ah well, I'm hooked, I guess I'll have no other alternative than to watch it all till the end :)

When the hydrogen bomb exploded the passengers travelled instantly to 2007 so technically the bomb didn't explode in her face.

This show has jumped the shark so bad that it's stupid to try to make any sense of it. "It's not possible because it's no realistic" is out of the window completely now. Just watch and enjoy for what it does, try not to make any Real sense of it.

I loved the double episode, except I really don't like the whole ancient mythology thing anymore. It just isn't interesting enough..

This show has jumped the shark so bad that it's stupid to try to make any sense of it. "It's not possible because it's no realistic" is out of the window completely now. Just watch and enjoy for what it does, try not to make any Real sense of it.

I loved the double episode, except I really don't like the whole ancient mythology thing anymore. It just isn't interesting enough..

Please don't say bullshit. A show jumps a shark when the ideas are over and they put random things desperately to make it go on. Did you forget that the writers of the show wanted six seasons in the first place?

If ABC would insist in more seasons THEN the show would jump the shark in order to fill the voids.

The whole ancient mythology idea was since season 2 for crying out loud. Don't you remember the hieroglyphs in the counter? What about the foot of the statue? Do you remember when they first saw it?

The reason Lost is awesome is BECAUSE of the whole mythology thing. If Lost would stay in 'a smoke monster is chasing us' then it would be just another mystery show.

Lost thankfully expanded every of its aspects and ended to the only way it could end. Higher beings. It was there since the beginning. If you fail to see it it's yor problem not Lost's.

Lost's progress was/is uncanny.

Season 1: Character development, introduction to some mysteries.

Season 2: We learn more about the island and the others.

Season 3: Fully reveal of the others and the dharma initiative. Who are they, what they want, more mysteries coming up.

Season 4: We get some of the first answers about the island, Widmore etc.

Season 5: Fully reveal of everything except the major mysteries. Jacob, smokey, island itself and the reason of it all.

Season 6: The end.

And for those who forgot (or never remembered ;) ) here is the list with all the Lost mysteries solved, partially solved, unsolved.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Mysterious

And BTW when Lost was realistic? A plane crashes in nowhere, some passengers survive without a scratch, a smoke monster is after them, and a hatch is in the middle of the jungle. And let's not forget about the pirate ship in the jungle.

All that in the first season.

Please don't say bullshit. A show jumps a shark when the ideas are over and they put random things desperately to make it go on. Did you forget that the writers of the show wanted six seasons in the first place?

If ABC would insist in more seasons THEN the show would jump the shark in order to fill the voids.

The whole ancient mythology idea was since season 2 for crying out loud. Don't you remember the hieroglyphs in the counter? What about the foot of the statue? Do you remember when they first saw it?

The reason Lost is awesome is BECAUSE of the whole mythology thing. If Lost would stay in 'a smoke monster is chasing us' then it would be just another mystery show.

Lost thankfully expanded every of its aspects and ended to the only way it could end. Higher beings. It was there since the beginning. If you fail to see it it's yor problem not Lost's.

Lost's progress was/is uncanny.

Season 1: Character development, introduction to some mysteries.

Season 2: We learn more about the island and the others.

Season 3: Fully reveal of the others and the dharma initiative. Who are they, what they want, more mysteries coming up.

Season 4: We get some of the first answers about the island, Widmore etc.

Season 5: Fully reveal of everything except the major mysteries. Jacob, smokey, island itself and the reason of it all.

Season 6: The end.

And for those who forgot (or never remembered ;) ) here is the list with all the Lost mysteries solved, partially solved, unsolved.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Mysterious

And BTW when Lost was realistic? A plane crashes in nowhere, some passengers survive without a scratch, a smoke monster is after them, and a hatch is in the middle of the jungle. And let's not forget about the pirate ship in the jungle.

All that in the first season.

well I suppose you're the kind of guy that sees every random element in Lost as a sign of meticulous planning... here's just a little extract from an interview with Lindelof about season 6: "We're no longer stalling." Humm I wonder why he would've said that if everything was meticulously planned from the beginning? :rolleyes:

I also happen to know that Lindelof's intention in the beginning was just to present more and more carachters with flashbacks on what they did before crashing on the island, and then they turned the plot around after recieving a lot of negative feedback from fans (remember Nikki and Paulo? ;)). So sorry but I don't fall for this "master plan that will reveal everything in the final episode" theory that all the fans are talking about.

And finally... it's the last freakin season and they are STILL adding more carachters and mysteires? Come on... if it was that well-planned then all this season should be dedicated EXCLUSIVELY to solving all the mysteries. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the biggest surprise at the end of season 6 will be... that there will be a season 7 ;)

well I suppose you're the kind of guy that sees every random element in Lost as a sign of meticulous planning... here's just a little extract from an interview with Lindelof about season 6: "We're no longer stalling." Humm I wonder why he would've said that if everything was meticulously planned from the beginning? :rolleyes:

I also happen to know that Lindelof's intention in the beginning was just to present more and more carachters with flashbacks on what they did before crashing on the island, and then they turned the plot around after recieving a lot of negative feedback from fans (remember Nikki and Paulo? ;)). So sorry but I don't fall for this "master plan that will reveal everything in the final episode" theory that all the fans are talking about.

And finally... it's the last freakin season and they are STILL adding more carachters and mysteires? Come on... if it was that well-planned then all this season should be dedicated EXCLUSIVELY to solving all the mysteries. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the biggest surprise at the end of season 6 will be... that there will be a season 7 ;)

-I'm glad you mentioned Lindeloff cause obviously there are some things you should know about him.

In the commentary of the first episode of season 5 Lindelof said that the idea of time travelling was decided since season 3. If this isn't a planning then what is it.

-You keep using the word random. Know tell me a random thing in Lost that doesn't actually make sense. The only things that seem random are some easter eggs like Hurley's bird. But easter eggs are for the fans and don't play a role in the plot.

-You should also read Lindelof's comment about the Force and midi-chlorians.

-I've said numerous of times before that no there wasn't any master plan from the beggining. We had this conversation again. It feels like dejavu now.

No they didn't write six full seasons since the beginning. You can't do that. Of course they added things through the seasons. Yes they killed Nikki and Paolo because fans hated them, but they did it before they play any major role in teh story. They only had one episode as main characters and the boom. No, I don't believe that everything was planned. When did I say that?

Now about season 6 IMO 30% was planned since the beginning of the show (basic ideas about the island and the big mysteries), 30% was added through seasons 3 and 4 and 30% was decided through season 5. (Yeah I left a 10%).

But that has nothing to do with 'throwing random things' in hope of getting something good. Do you really realise what would happen if they throw random things all over? They would end up in a moment that NONE would make sense. NONE.

Now tell me what doesn't make sense? The whole Man In Black manipulated everything to kill Jacob plan, proves to you that the writers are writing random stuff? If this theory proved right (which I get it will) it involves ALL seasons. It's THE master plan. And no I don't believe that they had that in mind since season 1, but look how things turned up. Genius writing!

BTW season 6 is all about solving mysteries. Just like season 5 was. But you have to keep the tension going. You can spend 18 episodes with a guy facing the camera and say 'ok let's solve mystery no 1'. That's retard.

Anyway Lost defence force is out.

ps: do you know which is Lindelof's favorite book? Watchmen.

That explains everything ;)

-You keep using the word random. Know tell me a random thing in Lost that doesn't actually make sense. The only things that seem random are some easter eggs like Hurley's bird. But easter eggs are for the fans and don't play a role in the plot.

oh I don't know, let's say about 80% of everything that's going on ;) Off the top of my head: the tropical polar bears, the fact that you have all these communities sharing the Island with apparently no knowledge about eachother, the "wormhole" in Antarctica and Tunisia, visions of Walt when he's not dead (considering there's some sort of logic between the appearances and dead carachters)... there must be like a hundreds of stuff that have been thrown over during the seasons that aren't really linked to eachother, or have been linked in a completely unconvicing manner (like the fact that Kate and Sawyer's ex-gf new eachother).

Do you really realise what would happen if they throw random things all over? They would end up in a moment that NONE would make sense. NONE.

HAHAHAHA Yes, like one of those moments would be right now... Or do you mean that having an Egyptian Temple on a tropical island ran by a Japanese priest makes any sense to you? ;)

Anyway, I know that we'll never settle this over a forum and in spite all my negative commentaries I'll still watch it till the end so I guess this conversation is pretty pointless, it's just that I have some extra time to kill this week ;)

oh I don't know, let's say about 80% of everything that's going on ;) Off the top of my head: the tropical polar bears, the fact that you have all these communities sharing the Island with apparently no knowledge about eachother, the "wormhole" in Antarctica and Tunisia, visions of Walt when he's not dead (considering there's some sort of logic between the appearances and dead carachters)... there must be like a hundreds of stuff that have been thrown over during the seasons that aren't really linked to eachother, or have been linked in a completely unconvicing manner (like the fact that Kate and Sawyer's ex-gf new eachother).

-Polar bears are already been explained. They were used by dharma in their experiments. After the purge the bears escaped or let loose. Sawyer was imprisoned in one of this polar cages remember?

-Tynisia is the 'exit' of the island. How this wormhole works? We'll find out when we find out about the island.

-They were only two communities on the island. The others and dharma. The japanese guy in the temple is the leader of the Temple team. All Others are known to each other.

-Kate and Sawyer's girlfriend is just one of the dozens of 'all the characters are known/connected to each other before the crash' cases. This could be either part of the story or IMO just a way to show to the audience that all people are related to each other in a way. This was actually a major theme in the extras of Season 1 dvd set. That all characters are connected.

etc. etc. etc.

Lostpedia is your friend :)

Anyway like you said this conversation is pointless.

Let's keep the fighting after the end of the season.

-Polar bears are already been explained. They were used by dharma in their experiments. After the purge the bears escaped or let loose. Sawyer was imprisoned in one of this polar cages remember?

yes, that one is part of my "unconvincing explanations" category ;)

-They were only two communities on the island. The others and dharma. The japanese guy in the temple is the leader of the Temple team. All Others are known to each other.

news flash: the dharma community ARE the Others (ever since the dharma got killed by Benjamin when a kid, remember?). So technically speaking, Ben should've known about the Japanese priest if what you say is true.

Let's keep the fighting after the end of the season.

Agreed :) As long as you don't come here in a fews months telling me "there'll be a 7th season where EVERYTHING will be explained. I mean really EVERYTHING!!" ;)

news flash: the dharma community ARE the Others (ever since the dharma got killed by Benjamin when a kid, remember?). So technically speaking, Ben should've known about the Japanese priest if what you say is true.

No they're not. :o

As you said Dharma were killed by Ben and the Others. Then the Others took their facilities. That's all.

And why all Others should know each other? Ben was a leader, but didn't know where Jacob really was.

Two more things and I will never post about Lost in psynews again, I swear:

1-Not everything (thankfully) will be fully explained*. Like Lindelof said The Force was great up until Lucas introduced the midichlorian theory crap.

You may see that as a sign of randomness, I see it as the only way to keep the mystery. My favorite movies are the ones that left you wonder and the ones I hate are those who think that you are stupid and try to explain every little detail like we're 5 years old.

*At least not through the series. I guess you already know that half of the things we know about Dharma are coming from sources outside the series (interactive games, mockumentaries etc.)

2-Why are you keep talking about a seventh season? ABC agreed about a six season schedule...three years ago. I'm sure though that (thankfully again) Lost's legacy will live in internet, fanzines, forums etc.

That's all, you can have the last word if you want.

From now on I Ormion will only post Lost related stuff in forums where pure genius (yes I mean Lindelof and Cuse) is appreciated. :P

Bye-Bye

ps: check again my comment about Watchmen. Read Watchmen and check its structure...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OMG that episode on Richard was a real masterpiece... although I'm a bit dissapointed that they made him Spanish when like everyone was expecting him to be from Roman Egypt (at least I did...). Still, GREAT episode :)

I think calling him Ricardo in previous episodes was kind of a hint that he's gonna be from a spanish language country.

He does look like an Egyptian now that you mentioned him though.

I think calling him Ricardo in previous episodes was kind of a hint that he's gonna be from a spanish language country.

He does look like an Egyptian now that you mentioned him though.

They didn't call him Ricardo, they called him Richardus, which is latin... and he also spoke latin on a few occasions in the 5th season, and I suppose that a big Lost fan like yourself already knows that there has been a LOT of speculation on Richard being Egyptian ;)