03. Wake up Johnny!

04. Dead man's blues

05. Let me be your magic gadget

06. "No Vidra" dance school

07. Slapstick

08. Suck my track

09. Fool me like a stranger

10. Nervous Buddha

You know him! You know him very well! Anyone who is in that kind of underground deep beats and bass emotional way of expression must know this already well renowned funky, funny progressive style project. Ladies and gentleman, will just say KALUMET!

Long time waiting first album finally saw the light of electronic music scene. As we all know from previous works, Your and my expectations were completely fulfilled. This album continues in the same manner. From the very start appear quite interesting clips of different music background that fill associated elements of created tracks. Halu Beats & Kalumet, with united forces, are playing the "rules" of arrangement music composition. From moment to another, listeners can feel super grooves with even visual tracks themes. In my opinion, something totally different from everything what we used to hear lately. Something that I would recognize from distance at places like big festival fields with huge line up. More then like it!!! As artist said, this is like collection of 5 years of hard working of Kalumet project. Pretty damn good collection. It feels that the album was created a long time, as it should be, from lot of difference in tracks and styles. It's colorful and diverse, just like the cover art.

Speaking of cover art, it attracts me totally. Fits into what's covered and gives the impression of abstract art, inside and outside as well.

"Makedonsko devojce" track sample thats show up somewhere in the middle of album fascinated me, especially cause I am from that region and it's totally recognizable for me, but also will be interesting to rest of Kalumet listeners all over the globe, I am pretty sure in that.

Must mention that grooves in tracks are not fast, offensive or hard. It's more like floating drive with lot of techno motives, which is the best approach to beat for me then first mentioned way of expression. During the album listening I notice that whole composition sound like mixed CD music and again all tracks on CD are story for themselves and can be played separately, without interference. That's the details, I know, but details that I notice and respect. Classical music motives are full strike!!! Break the story of previouse track, but not the composition of album, and lead me in to story of next one, much better than the track started without that classical music part. If you people, know what I mean? Will try to describe like: "Drive me! Break me! Touch me! Drive me!" Totally unpredictable and innovative in one new shape. Not to forget parts in tracks with break beat bars that sound like type machine with industrial touch of 90's. I didn't want to separate album by tracks but must admit that "Slapstick" drives me arround totally. I heard even The Prodigy, Crystal Method, Filter and similar style inside. Of course stomping beat is wonderful. Let's say that this one is, so far, my favorite. But to be honest, it is difficult to separate them.

Long story short, all I know is that I would like to hear him live at some big sound system. I wanted in earlier period too but after this album I must!!!

Thank to force majeure on this kind of minds, otherwise I really don't know what would've I listen.

God bless artistic freedom :)))

P.S. to artist: Haha yeah... about that MSN thing... you got me...hehe...

Lara

soundmute

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...