All time favourite movie

arnoldclab

I like Edward Norton, i was thinking about Primal Fear & 25th hour

I also liked Matrix and The Matrix:Reloaded (especially the Tribal Dance scene, music by Juno Reactor...),

Les choristes, meaning The Chorus, directed by christophe Barratier is my best of all times...It's certenly a weird choice for a psycho-lover, but i found the movie to be really amazing, chraming and emotionally perfect.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ghost in the shell is also a must-have..

Tim Burton's movies...

and this:

Posted Image

My god it's beautiful, love it

• 1 month later...

I don't think I can pick a single top favorite. Too many movies. In 1989 it was Batman, then Terminator 2, then The Crow, then The Matrix. If I were to seriously shorten my list, my top favorite(s) would include (in Alphabetical order).

Akira

Braveheart

The Crow

The Dark Knight

District 9

Fight Club

Goodfellas

Jet Li's Fearless

Le Femme Nikita

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

The Matrix (first one)

Requiem For A Dream

Ok ill give you my second best if that will ease your brain ;)

Posted Image

Nah man, Lost in Translation is a total rip-off of Before Sunrise, that movie would've been completely ignored by the masses if it wasn't directed by Francis Ford Coppola's daughter, it just shows you how Hollywood works.

Anyway for me it has to be Forest Gump. That movie is so dense that I've seen it like 20 times and STILL get surprised by some little details that I didn't notice. And when you think that I refused to watch it for a few years simply because I supposed it was a commercial love movie.

Posted Image

Now who's up for some shrimpin'? ;)

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. No doubt about it.

"There he goes; one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind; never even considered for mass-production. Too weird to live; too rare to die."

Nah man, Lost in Translation is a total rip-off of Before Sunrise, that movie would've been completely ignored by the masses if it wasn't directed by Francis Ford Coppola's daughter, it just shows you how Hollywood works.

Lost in Translation is one of my tops too. I've seen it more than any other movie, except maybe Princess Bride and Star Wars. Has nothing to do with Coppola. I liked Virgin Suicides, but thought Marie Antoinette was absolutely horrible (although the chicks dig it, which is interesting). LiT, to me, is a nearly perfect film, and although I sense it wasn't entirely intentional, it gets at the human condition in a way that few movies do.

Lost in Translation is one of my tops too. I've seen it more than any other movie, except maybe Princess Bride and Star Wars. Has nothing to do with Coppola. I liked Virgin Suicides, but thought Marie Antoinette was absolutely horrible (although the chicks dig it, which is interesting). LiT, to me, is a nearly perfect film, and although I sense it wasn't entirely intentional, it gets at the human condition in a way that few movies do.

Has nothing to do with Coppola indeed, I didn't know her before i saw this. This movie just makes me feel great, it's like music, I can just watch it and get lost. I feel the same when I listen to MOS 6581.

I also like the ambiance of Marie Antoinette, and it's visually stunning to me.

Has nothing to do with Coppola indeed, I didn't know her before i saw this. This movie just makes me feel great, it's like music, I can just watch it and get lost. I feel the same when I listen to MOS 6581.

I also like the ambiance of Marie Antoinette, and it's visually stunning to me.

You guys obviously haven't seen Before Sunrise, which is like the exact same movie except the setting is in Vienna instead of Tokyo and it was made 8 years BEFORE Lost In translation... I'm not saying anything about Copolla's directing, just that this is proof that a concept can be completely ignored by the masses and then a rip-off can be critically acclaimed just because a famous Hollywood name knows how to pull the strings behind the curtains to get promoted in the right places.

You guys obviously haven't seen Before Sunrise, which is like the exact same movie except the setting is in Vienna instead of Tokyo and it was made 8 years BEFORE Lost In translation... I'm not saying anything about Copolla's directing, just that this is proof that a concept can be completely ignored by the masses and then a rip-off can be critically acclaimed just because a famous Hollywood name knows how to pull the strings behind the curtains to get promoted in the right places.

I think, sometimes a movie concept is too vague to give the creator any kind of ownership of that concept. I mean, in this case its just two people fleetingly meeting away from home. But I guess that if you like Before Sunrise more than LIT then it seems unfair how much acclaim the latter has gained.

For some reason I didn't get very far when I watched Before Sunrise. Maybe 15 minutes. Seemed overtly romantic. I'll have to try again, see if Lemmiwinks is Right on the Internet. But there's no way it can interfere with my love for LiT. After a long effort of moving into my new home the winter before last, that first night I unpacked my computer, opened a bottle of champagne, and, thoroughly exhausted and satisfied, sat down to watch Lost in Translation for the umpteenth time. It was so beautiful.

So you like movies that make you feel like slitting your wrists after they're done? :P

Totally. And books and music like such as well ;)

Although I have to say that I don't think Happiness is such a grim movie. In fact, it's hilarious. The restaurant scene with Philipp Seymour Hoffman and Camryn Manheim, for instance, totally cranks me up each time. Two great actors at their best.

The ending is brilliant. Makes it up to you for all the heaviness!

Oh, and by the way:

After a long effort of moving into my new home the winter before last, that first night I unpacked my computer, opened a bottle of champagne, and, thoroughly exhausted and satisfied, sat down to watch Lost in Translation for the umpteenth time. It was so beautiful.

Did you like, you know, afterwards?

• 2 years later...
Guest E-Mantra
Guest E-Mantra

i don't have permission to view those? :(

uh..sry..must be from their page..i was taking the links directly from imdb...

Crash 2004

Sunshine

The big Lebovski

The 13 th Warrior

One few over the cukoos nest

The Edge

etc

The Matrix

V For Vendetta

The Dark Knight

The Empire Strikes Back

2001: A Space Odyssey

Donnie Darko

Watchmen

Cashback

Kill Bill

The Big Lebowski

Sorry, choosing one is like choosing one all time favorite goa track: impossible.