Crossing Mind

draeke

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been listening to these songs a bit now, and I can't believe this guy had trouble finding a label. Some of this music is incredible!

It's good arrangement but not finished enough to be worthy of a release in my opinion. Compared closely with any released music from the entire 90s it doesn't sound so great.

It's good arrangement but not finished enough to be worthy of a release in my opinion. Compared closely with any released music from the entire 90s it doesn't sound so great.

sorry but but do really mean that?! First of all there were far worse music released in the 90s or 00s (lots of crap), secondly, any finishing touches could easily have been made before a potential release, (this could, I guess, be classified as "demo" tracks?!).

I believe that maybe the time was just not right, especially with regard of the labels he sought out (Dragonfly, Matsuri?? (defunc since 1999) or Flying Rhino) in 2000 they sort of left the whole classic ("golden era style" or what ever) Goa thing, maybe feeling it was getting outdated at the time?! Well just my thoughts anyway...

Seriously? What are your criteria? I consider this on par with Chi-A.D., Pleiadians, Transwave....

If you think the arrangement is good what about it do you consider not good enough? Some of the songs are a bit more stark sounding, without as many extraneous sounds, but I appreciate that because it shows a focus on the most important part: the songwriting. And the songwriting is just as good.

Don't be weird, I listened to all the tracks and the level of detail and structure is not up to caliber with the legends. All those artists you mentioned had a very polished sound, this is very raw. Like I said the basic arrangement and melodies are nice, if it was more polished then a release would be interesting. I think Imperial Project was a better.

Don't be weird, I listened to all the tracks and the level of detail and structure is not up to caliber with the legends. All those artists you mentioned had a very polished sound, this is very raw. Like I said the basic arrangement and melodies are nice, if it was more polished then a release would be interesting. I think Imperial Project was a better.

Weird? That's a weird comment. :P

I disagree with you, but that's OK. I'd say that "polish", if anything, is just a professional mastering job, and Crossing Mind's lack of it.

I think the guy just happened to seek labels in the wrong moment and yes he really chose the wrong ones. if it was 96 he could find a deal immediately I'd say. Unfortunately the year 2000 was really the moment when EVERYONE was fed up of the goa sound (except the old-schoolers) but the main scene was looking for smth diverse. The people that followed since 93 or 94 were really bored of the straight in your face melodic goa and wanted diversification. Now 10 years after I can see there is a return to the roots of goa and melodies are somehow striking back, even in some full on modern produced tracks.

In any case now there are many labels that will be interested in releasing his music and i can agree a bit that he needed some proper mastering but the tracks are really good at par with imperial project.

Shall i go hunting imperial project too now :P ? Nah.. is enough for now :)

I think Imperial Project was a better.

I think Imperial Project tracks sound very very raw too, but I have to agree I like those tunes better cause theres a more pumping eastern vibe in them. Nevertheless, the Crossing Mind music is really great & emotional Goa Trance which surely deserves a real CD release!

Shall i go hunting imperial project too now :P ?

Yes! ;)

I listened to Crossing Mind again (takes many hours to hear them all) and I agree there are some nice works worthy of a release. But it's not so perfect IMO, only "4/5" material.

Imperial Project is in a bad place because their tracks are all 128kbps or lower (the supposed 320kbps are just transcodes from a lower bitrate). IF the original WAVs exist somewhere they should sound a lot better. Combined with mastering I imagine it would truly be up there with the Dimension 5 and Etnicas.

Yes! ;)

Imperial Project is in a bad place because their tracks are all 128kbps or lower (the supposed 320kbps are just transcodes from a lower bitrate). IF the original WAVs exist somewhere they should sound a lot better. Combined with mastering I imagine it would truly be up there with the Dimension 5 and Etnicas.

I've got whole Cygnetic Records (goa trance) discography and tracks from Imperial Project sounds much better than many ''free newschool goatrance EP's'' (yes, i'm talking about 128/kbps soundquality). Ken Da Lyud and other guys behind projects like Overmind Projection, Anodynez, etc. in 2001/2002, made a great job.

Fact - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGmQh6ck-yg

p.s. don't mind these nice girls :o

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody !

I'm the artist "Crossing Mind".

Thanks for loving my work.

Just to say that i've just released a new track called "Progenic" and you can listen it here(and some olders too):

My link

:D

Crossing Mind

Still got it I see. Gotta love when someone is able to produce the old school sound today!

Can't believe you weren't able to release an album back in the day.

Oh btw, Psycrise was my inspiration for making this

http://gasolin3.deviantart.com/art/PsyCrise-155201541

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems that there are still treasures to be found in this world. Great hunting by all you guys involved. I'm downloading and extracting the motherload.... Gonna listen to them now :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Many congrats to you Stéphane for your album being released on DAT records. It's gonna be a killer!

I hope you find other label(s) to release your new tracks cause No way wrong and Progenic are great tracks! :)